• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Alcohol reference in Kingdom Hearts III

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

howardmiao2002

Kingdom Hearts III is rated PEGI 12 because of an alcohol reference. Can someone please explain to me what the alcohol reference is because I’m having difficulty understanding how The Walt Disney Company would allow a game to feature their characters consuming alcoholic beverages. Maybe Donald has been completely drunk ever since KHI on the PS2 and that’s why no one can understand what he says, he goes to sleep in the middle of a battle all the time and he never heals Sora.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Jack Sparrow does wine shots with the stuck up villain dude of the second and third movies. Its honestly just a slightly different version of a scene from the third Pirate's movie.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
My guess it's either the cooking minigame or something in the Pirates of the Caribbean. Nothing really noticable.

It's kind of ridiculous how much stricter ratings are for games than movies.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
My guess it's either the cooking minigame or something in the Pirates of the Caribbean. Nothing really noticable.

It's kind of ridiculous how much stricter ratings are for games than movies.

There are wine bottles on the Ratatouille Keyblade. I guess, maybe that matters to them too? lol

I mean, they did the same thing for KH2 when wine fell OUT of Barbossa's chest, so I am not surprised. I don't think it affected the rating either way though? E 10+ is the right rating for this series imo, and it has been since it was introduced lol.

howardmiao2002

ESRB E10+ in America sounds about right but the European PEGI 12 rating just feels a bit high being orange instead of green. Australian ratings don’t seem to be strict at all a few years ago a friend of mine said he kept importing Blu-rays from Australia because the ratings were so much lower. Guess what KH3 is only rated PG in Australia lol.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Really wished they showed Luxord drinking a bottle of rum. Given how much he loves the Pirate lifestyle I don't doubt he'd have a fondness for Alchohol, lol.

Back