• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Aladdin (2019) - A whole new, new world

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Gigantic can still happen. They shelved The Snow Queen a couple of times before they finally brought it out as Frozen. If Disney and a team of writers can come up with an idea or better story that can make things work, they will try again on a project. If it's meant to be, it will be.

Though maybe Disney was more resilient with Snow Queen because it had the potential to pump out a Disney Princess ?

Source ?

Hm, upon further research it gets muddled with inflation I guess, quite a few like Tim Burton's Alice and The Jungle Book made more but they were released in very different times. I guess same with Cinderella as well.

I guess its no secret live action is definitely faster, and even with all the CGI in these films I imagine most are cheaper to create as well. It just probably makes big ol' dollar signs show up on corporate dude's eyes.

I guess, my point is I don't want the corporate Disney people thinking live-action is the "new" way to go or anything like that. Meaning, they do what would normally be a new animated film in live-action. I don't inherently mind both new animated features and live-action remakes simultaneously tho. Especially since live-action remakes are preferable to stuff like "The Tooth Fairy" and whatnot they were making in the early 2000's (at least I think thats when it was?)

ImVentus

Awards
My main problem with all of these live action films is that they come with a bundle of controversy. Where people can be so insanely nasty towards creative choices, every single detail in a frame being judged and bombarded with hate. I seriously feel like these adaptations create more problems than they do good. Felt ever since Alice (2010)

Haven't seen the recent Christopher Robin as of yet, but I check it out eventually. I did really like Pete's Dragon though.
As I can understand though criticism towards the first sneak peek on Aladdin here. He does not look very affected by the lamp as curious or amazed. His hair seems like he came from a hair-saloon with hair gel, at least let it feel more natural and hang loose(would be one of my criticism) But I want to believe that this is one of those teases that shows un-finished or only promotion clip that won't be in the final film. I also want to give the guy for his acting a chance before I jump to final concerns.

I also don't buy the fact that Aladdin must represent 100% of Arab culture. The fact that some deny the multicultural influences in the 1992 adaptation is beyond me. This Aladdin should represent it's fictional Agrabah not a real city in a specific country. Which is a reason why I feel like the creators behind this film had trouble from day 1 of announcement. I still can't forget when they had their casting call for actors and how much of a delayed process it was. But the same thing will happen with The Lion King & Mulan. I can assure that next year, The Lion King will start some stupid debate about black and white; and I'm just gonna take my head and hit it into a wall.

D

Deleted member 246005

For Agrabah, I'd say just pick a single place/culture to use as a starting point and go from there.

I rather see a new story set after/before the animated movies/cartoon. I am curious what the director Guy Ritchie brings to the table.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The hate for Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott is disgusting. Both these actors are talented and are being racially judged just because they don't fit the fanfiction depiction for certain people. I really hope that the second trailer shines a light on their talents.

Knuxpyro56

Im not a fan of Will smith having hair it just seems off. They should've kept him bald like how James Monroe Iglehart did on Broadway. But other than that there is nothing wrong with how this movie looks.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
[video=youtube;7hHECMVOq7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hHECMVOq7g[/video]

Will Smith as Genie sure is.........interesting

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Will’s face being superimposed scares me.

Zul

Awards
Will’s face being superimposed scares me.

Goro: So I'm just going to remove two of my arms and go full blue.

(no seriously though I can't stop laughing at the Goro memes)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The hate for Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott is disgusting. Both these actors are talented and are being racially judged just because they don't fit the fanfiction depiction for certain people. I really hope that the second trailer shines a light on their talents.

I'm sorry, Jafar speaking got me over the edge...

D

Deleted member 246005

Funny thing is the background score kinda of reminded me of Star Wars.

Tbh I rather have more experimental takes like Malificient than just straight remakes. So I'm not that interested in it. I wanted to be because its Aladdin and I love Guy Ritchie but I'm just not feeling it.

Pass.

Pokie

Some of us genuinely think that Live-Action is a trend that needs to die down.

Or just die all together.

This may sound cruel to those who actually like and enjoy them, but, what's the point? Seriously. The movies already exist in classic animation form. There seems to be this false belief that children today, don't or wouldn't like the old animation style, but my niece watched the old Robin Hood recently and she really liked it. Also, it's just provoking on those who are nostalgic for the old movies, but if you want to re-watch them, they are already there. Gah! Oh "But drawings are for kids, and Live Action is more adult !" No, animation does not equal children's media! Gah !

Rant over.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
[video]https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DVcBllhVj1eA&ved=0ahUKEwi34bnw6PzgAhWJvZ4KHZfaD6kQ_-MBCP0BMCY&usg=AOvVaw07OM7_yC3wRZqb25bycVTq[/video]

New trailer. This actually looks pretty good

Megavoltage

Awards
Trailer was good and I've gotten used to CGI Genie. Everything is looking nice... except for that Jafar. So bland! The guy just doesn't hold a candle compared to Jonathan Freeman's take on the character. We've only seen a few seconds of Nu Jafar's full performance so maybe it's too quick to judge but I'm just not feeling it.

At 2:15 it looks like Iago's size was magically altered. It'll be interesting to see the sneaky little minion be a genuine physical threat to Aladdin. I hope we get more script changes like that, cool stuff.

Last edited:
Back