• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Aladdin (2019) - A whole new, new world

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm sorry, but he will never replace Robin Williams. No one can.

These are "re-tellings" for a reason. They're not supposed to be tic-for-tac replicas of their animated counterparts. Will Smith's Genie is just going to be a different Genie period and I'm interested to see how that's going to play out.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
^ I understand. But just, watching an Aladdin movie without the guy who made my childhood complete just hurts. But I guess that's a remake for you. But I will give my hopes for Will Smith, if he can pull it off at being a good Genie, I won't mind it.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Aladdin isn't Indian, soooooo dunno why we're bringing up Bollywood or India

Pokie

Aladdin isn't Indian, soooooo dunno why we're bringing up Bollywood or India

Argabah is a mixture of Indian and Arabian culture. It is supposed to be set near the river Jordan, but there is some influence of Indian culture in there.

agrabah-600x300.jpg

private-tour-day-trip-to-agra-from-delhi-including-taj-mahal-and-agra-in-delhi-149788.jpg

Soldier

Awards
Argabah is a mixture of Indian and Arabian culture. It is supposed to be set near the river Jordan, but there is some influence of Indian culture in there.

agrabah-600x300.jpg

private-tour-day-trip-to-agra-from-delhi-including-taj-mahal-and-agra-in-delhi-149788.jpg

Well, in any case, I just hope they go through this one quickly, the only live action Disney remake I want to see is Tim Burton's Dumbo,
the rest (especially this one, given my raw hatred for Agrabah) I could do without, but if I must....
Bring it on Disney! Let's green egg and ham it!

Megavoltage

Awards
The booming orchestral version of Friend Like Me stirred my heart, wow. I know I'll at least enjoy the soundtrack even if the movie disappoints.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I thought the teaser looked amazing. The one thing I did not like was the actor choice for Aladdin. He looks nothing like him imo.

ImVentus

Awards
Just like B&TB they have changed the clothing of the protagonist. I'd say give at least the guy a chance before judging by looks. He might turn out to be great as Aladdin. Emma may have looked the part as Belle, but her acting and character was sorta robotic.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Sooo.. what was Genies about and are they still making it?

Oh wait, nevermind, I don't care it'sanotherliveactionremake

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Isn't there an Aladdin thread to post in? Anyway, I'm pretty excited. Looks like it'll be as great as B&tB was last year, although they'll never top the originals.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Isn't there an Aladdin thread to post in? Anyway, I'm pretty excited. Looks like it'll be as great as B&tB was last year, although they'll never top the originals.
The film was pitched as a live action prequel focusing on Genie. But I guess it just shifted to a straight up adaptation.

The title of this thread should probably change, lol.

Pokie

I really want to give this movie a chance. Though I didn't enjoy Cinderella ( they made her insane ) Beauty and the Beast with it's bad autotune and book that can go anywhere plothole and the Jungle Book lost all it's fun and 1960's like groove. Also the fact that they are just doing this because nostalgia is in right now and it's a very easy tactic to get people watching. Also there's still a very negative stigma towards 2D animation.

Sadly, Disney doesn't plan to stop this trend anytime soon since Dumbo, Lion King and Mulan are on its way.

Laurel

Awards
I'm not happy about Disney remaking their movies into live action...it makes it seem like the studio's losing their creativity and it's just sad. The Aladdin teaser does peak a bit of interest though. I'll likely watch it, but I'll have low expectation since the other remakes, besides Jungle Book, didn't work for me. I remembered being so excited for Beauty and the Beast only to feel disappointed afterwards.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I really liked the Jungle Book and Cinderella, like more than the animated versions, especially the Jungle Book. I think that I could be into this, though I can't see this one topping the original much like Beauty and the Beast. Though I also thought BatB did certain aspects better.

I have seen a lot of people crapping on this, like not just in a "I hate remakes way" but saying it looks cluttered and out of focus a lot. I dunno, I kinda liked some of the redesign stuff I saw so far. I do have some complex feelings about the increasing amount of live action remakes, mainly because they cancelled Gigantic and I am just worried they are only doing remakes and sequels. I don't want that to be Disney's new thing, no original animated content at all, you know? But, I am not sure I just won't see this or any of the other remakes, either? Unless I legit think they look unappealing to me, of course. It does bum me out these remakes are doing better than their animated successors, since the originals still definitely deserve praise. And in at least half the cases, they are better as well.

Pokie

I have seen a lot of people crapping on this, like not just in a "I hate remakes way" but saying it looks cluttered and out of focus a lot. I dunno, I kinda liked some of the redesign stuff I saw so far. I do have some complex feelings about the increasing amount of live action remakes, mainly because they cancelled Gigantic.

Gigantic can still happen. They shelved The Snow Queen a couple of times before they finally brought it out as Frozen. If Disney and a team of writers can come up with an idea or better story that can make things work, they will try again on a project. If it's meant to be, it will be.

Though maybe Disney was more resilient with Snow Queen because it had the potential to pump out a Disney Princess ?

It does bum me out these remakes are doing better than their animated successors

Source ?

Back