• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Against the sequels

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Like it?

• I'm for it

Votes: 25 64.1%
  • Against it

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CuStArD LuVeR

I AM THE ONE AND ONLY
Tetsuya made too much sequels/spin-offs, and kinda too fast too.
Anyone here not liking them? I saw the scans of te pictures from mags, books etc, and some of the pictures look really unexplainable and might ruin the KH world.
(like sora from KH1 standing next to Mickey in his KH2 suit)

The only one I think that wouldn't ruin the plot(and I think nobodies already ruined it) is 358/2, since it's the story of Roxas while Sora's sleeping.

Jaden007

I kinda agree with you, but I have to say 358/2 Days looks really cool. But yeah, I could do without 3 more sequels

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
No it's gonna be sweet! And btw it's spin-offs, not sequels, Jaden

Last edited:

[√]Genuflect
How could that ruin the plot?
Sora is just Data in Coded.
King Mickey is helping him.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
I guess Sora/Kairi/Riku isn't too wrong with this.

The story of KH is starting to get a little complicated and these three titles do not seem to be either a spinoff or a sequel. (I mean KH:Coded is a sequel in some way as it plays after KH2, KH 358/2 days is actually a spinoff and KH BBS is actually a spinoff/prequel but it really feels like a sequel to me...)

I fear these titles won't be as strong as the previous ones. (A bit like what happened to KH COM)

Ethereal

I don't mind at all... however, it does make the story confusing. I wish that Nomura-sama had made KH into... like... Final Fantasy, where all the games share the same name but aren't connected.

Awards
My opininon is the more the merrier, if the games are as good as the first 3, then they will be great, if the games are horrible, then they will fade out of existence, and KH1, KH:com, and KH2 will remain as "The series" yes i agree COM was not as good as either PS2 game, but it is still a solid game. However I think Nomura will spend enough time on each game so that they turn out to be at worst, solid, I expect BBS to be phenomenal one of the best for the PSP and I expect 358/2 to be a lot of fun, but not as good as BBS, with Coded being kind of like a fun mini-game that has little relevance to the future of KH, but just a little bit of fun for your phone.

safire inthe sky

I don't like the idea of coded at all, bbs seems it might be ok, I hope so at least, but I would say that 358/2is going to go in with the series quite well, for it is just filling in the parts we don't know from the first and second games, but I do find it very odd that they are all of a sudden adding in a 14th organization member.

Ethereal

I really dislike the idea of coded, too. But for those unlucky few without a DS or PSP, They'd likely reached for that game.
Both BBS and 358/2 seem crucial to the storyline. Well, maybe not that important, but they'll both clear up some confusing things about KH hopefully.

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
here's what I think

Birth By Sleep: I think it will help use better understand Kingdom Hearts as a whole. Plus, it sounds darker than the rest of the KH games which will be fun.

358/2 days: sounds exciting and will be fun to play

Coded: For a cell phone game, it sounds exciting!

I'm most likely to get BBS. It sounds fun! :D
I want to play 358/2 days too though... i don't really like that title, but i guess we have to wait and see what that is all about.
I might get Coded just so I can have KH on my phone!! xD

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
personally im against them because a) their handheld exclusive (considering there are 3 sequals atleast one should of gone to a console no mater what console it went to) & b) creating plot holes, with the whole thing about a 14th organization member

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
I hated the fact that there was a KHII to begin with.

Kingdom Hearts had a great potential to be a stand alone game and be great. When CoM came out, I was okay with it 'cause I believed they were just gonna tied the loose ends from the first game. But then a third game? The bad thing about the way this series is branching out is that it's not Kingdom Hearts anymore. Kingdom Hearts, the ideal behind it, the originality, the design and concept and all that was that it was a crossover between Square and Disney characters. In the original KH1, Disney characters actually had roles in the story. Now they're just in the sidelines while all these new (and uninteresting) characters are taking the spotlight. It's just like a new FF series, Nomura is just sticking the Kingdom Hearts title to it, which I think it's a pretty damn shame because he's lost sight of what Kingdom Hearts was really all about and has turn it into a FFVII by milking it with all the new games.

So yea, Im against all these sequels, prequels, spin-offs, whatever you wanna call them. Nomura just keeps pulling crap out of his ass, he could've perfectly ended it with the first game.

D

Dexter

Tetsuya made too much sequels/spin-offs, and kinda too fast too.

How many sequels and spinoffs have he ever made?

Anyone here not liking them?

No......./

I saw the scans of te pictures from mags, books etc, and some of the pictures look really unexplainable and might ruin the KH world.
WTF!? How are they unexplainable and ruin the kh world?

BBS: Explains the orgin of the keyblades and basically explains everthing

358/2 days: Explains Roxas time in the Orginazation and everything else

Coded: Explains mickeys, and Riku story

The only one I think that wouldn't ruin the plot(and I think nobodies already ruined it) is 358/2, since it's the story of Roxas while Sora's sleeping.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
i partially agree. I believe he made a two stupid, not plot worthy spin off, when he should be putting time toward the FF games and a riku side story. In short, he made two stupid choices when he could've made two smart ones.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I hated the fact that there was a KHII to begin with.

Kingdom Hearts had a great potential to be a stand alone game and be great. When CoM came out, I was okay with it 'cause I believed they were just gonna tied the loose ends from the first game. But then a third game? The bad thing about the way this series is branching out is that it's not Kingdom Hearts anymore. Kingdom Hearts, the ideal behind it, the originality, the design and concept and all that was that it was a crossover between Square and Disney characters. In the original KH1, Disney characters actually had roles in the story. Now they're just in the sidelines while all these new (and uninteresting) characters are taking the spotlight. It's just like a new FF series, Nomura is just sticking the Kingdom Hearts title to it, which I think it's a pretty damn shame because he's lost sight of what Kingdom Hearts was really all about and has turn it into a FFVII by milking it with all the new games.

So yea, Im against all these sequels, prequels, spin-offs, whatever you wanna call them. Nomura just keeps pulling crap out of his ass, he could've perfectly ended it with the first game.

i agree with you too. i dislike kingdom hearts ii in so many ways when i first played it through but liked a few things. the story, magic system, etc. is not as good as the original... i kind of got used to it but still want kingdom hearts as good as the first. i did like the creativity in some worlds, the organization, and it made the game feel more mature or maybe not.

if anyone else disagrees i think you don't have any experience... or maybe you're blinded by the colorful, visual appearances, and gameplay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back