• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► After Me {Happy Birthday C_U}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Noice. You pwned Gerard, but you were acting dumb in the chat!

I've made him regret millions of times!

D:<

Krazy

Jabberwocky
D:

Gerd shouldn't hang around with Silver. He's such a bad influence. Wanna know the proof?

I almost typed 'suck' instead of 'such'.

Now, either Kat's little typo has been ingrained in my mind, or I need to stop talking to Silver. :eek:

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
GuardianOfHearts said:
I will. I only updated last night because Gerard had to go and I promised him something. The next chap will be longer.

*goes to check Gerard's plot guidelines again*

I don't remember if I have anything there about the next scene. I don't even think I finished the guideline.

>_<

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Where, O where, has the Guardian gone?
O where, O where can she be?
I wait for now, till the Guardian comes,
With an update for me!

Don't ask. The jello made me do it.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Winged Mirage said:
Yesm, sugar does all kinds of strange things to your brain. But that doesn't mean we love it just the same.

XD

It's like the opiate of the masses.

>_<

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
XD

Hey! Krazy, my little typo was the funniest thing to come up in that chat for a while! It's taking the nation by storm!

You there! *points out window at strange man* Suck a great movie!

XDDDDDD

Anyway, updart, Amme. Updart soon. NOW!

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
*Beats Strange Man over the head with lawn chair*

Lousy little

Sora: HORSEY! OH EM GEE! ^-^

o.o;

D:< Get outta here! D:<

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Here we are! Teh romantical meeting of Rikku and Gerard shall now commence!

Right after a word from our sponsers!

GIRL'S CAST:

The part of Super-Prep Yuna being played by Yuna

The part of Prepped and Cloned Asuka being played by Asuka

The part of Hopeful Romantic Rikku being played by Rikku

The part of Cynical Reality Check Kyuuri being played by Thelonepickle

The part of Airship Piloteer Kat being played by Katattack

The part of Versatile Mediator Amme being played by GuardianOfHearts

The part of Sugarless Sugar High Myra being played by kaze_krazy

The part of Sporadically Stable Soreah being played by Winged Mirage

BOY'S CAST:

The part of Hopeless Romantic Gerard being played by Cloud_Unchained

The part of Perverted Wishful Thinker Silver being played by Sterling_Silver

The part of Cluelessly on Track being played by Ketso

The part of Stuck in the Closet being played by Sora

Act III: How Could I Tell You?

When it was the boys’ turn to go inside, Gerard had to be half-dragged by Silver to the door. The pewter-haired teen had grasped his friend by the arm and pulled him to the building, seeing as how Gerard was too love-sick to be paying attention.

Until Headmaster Clarus announced that they would follow their guests into the formal dining hall for a luncheon. Then the whiplash Silver experienced from suddenly having nothing to hold on to as Gerard bowled past him was enough to send the boy sprawling.

As the former was muttering curses under his breath on the floor, a silver-grey hamster scurried from one of his pockets and hurried up to his shoulder. Silver picked himself up and plucked the nickel-colored rodent from his limb, holding him in his hand.

"The boy’s lost it, Hoomhaha," he remarked solemnly to his furry companion. Hoomhaha chittered in response.

In the dining hall, the coeds scrambled to seat themselves at the rounded tables next to their friends as the Headmaster and Headmistress stood importantly besides each other. Behind the two educators were several long tables of food; like knowing barriers, they blocked the way between a room full of hungry adolescents and their dinner.

You’d think that two people who had worked for so long with teens would know that this was a bad move. Unfortunately, the Spiran Board of Education had all been drunk upon selecting the candidates to run the schools, and thus had been under the impression that they were choosing those "Least Likely to Be Able to Handle Teenagers".

"We have a few more announcements to make regarding dormitory rules before our feast can begin–" the Headmaster’s droning voice was abruptly cut short as a half-eaten pickle was lobbed at his head.

"SHUT THE HECK UP AND LET US EAT, STUFFER!"

It could be truthfully said that neither Ms. Wexington or Mr. Clarus thought it a bad time to duck out.

The students, the bus-ride-tortured girls in particular, leapt up as their teachers quietly left the hall and swarmed to the buffet tables.

Rikku bounced from her seat in the corner and merrily skipped to the front of the line, helping herself to liberal amounts of pasta as she simultaneously amused her now dying sense of humor by watching her peers mingle.

Over by another table, she saw Kyuuri standing furiously {as opposed to her usual nonchalant anger} in front of a silver-haired boy, who was backing up from her slightly with one hand to his shin.

"I only asked why you’re so short!"

"I AM NOT SHO–" the brown-haired girl stuttered halfway through, as though unable to finish her last word. "Shor– sh– DIE!" she launched herself at the boy, knocking over Kat as she did so, who immediately tried to recover her fallen airship magazine away from the scuffle. Amme sat at a table behind them, favoring the scene with only a single half-amused, half-simply-uninterested glance before turning back to her food. Besides her, another red-haired girl was talking intently into a communications machina. With a frustrated sigh, she flung the machina onto the table and picked up her fork instead, seeming to not care that the object had been off the whole time.

Several yards away, a spiky-haired blonde boy found himself suddenly unable to breathe as two arms were firmly latched around his rib cage. He choked and looked at the brown-eyed girl who was smiling ecstatically back at him.

"Bishie! I must know your name!"

The thus-titled ‘bishie’ grinned eagerly back, momentarily lost for words.

"Uh, I’m ... uh ... Ketso. I’m Ketso!" he said happily, pleased to have managed it.

"I’m Myra and you must sit with me!" his pouncer {A/N: NOW A WORD} said, dragging him willingly over to the table next to Amme’s.

As Rikku turned around to go to her own seat, what she did not see was the black-haired boy who was desperately fighting against the crowd to find her.

Gerard pushed his was past a few uninteresting people, trying to locate that sunny glint of gold again. Ignoring everything else, he jumped on top of table, scanning the hall.

When he finally saw her, it was enough to make him step right off the wooden mesa without even realizing it. He scrambled to his feet, continuing towards the back of the room, eyes never leaving the bright head that distinguished her from all others.

Rikku was sitting of by herself, oblivious to everyone else as she sat with her head bowed over her hands. A small piece of machina was secured in her fingers, which she was tinkering with intently, spaghetti forgotten. From afar, Gerard admired the way her gently tanned neck arched in a graceful slope, dusted gold with strands of errant hair. Her small fingers were swift and sure, her emerald eyes never wavering. A subconscious smile played on the edges of her lips, the expression of someone who finds simple beauty in being content. She was short, it was true, but she nevertheless had long legs that were in proportion with her height. So much detail was intoxicating. How could one person be that way?

Unfortunately, Gerard quickly sobered as two figures suddenly blocked his uplifting view. A tall {how he would hate that characteristic from now on} girl with short brown hair sidled up to him, one hand twirling an impossibly long braid between her fingers nervously. She giggled and looked excitedly up at the sable-haired boy, her dark-eyed companion doing the same.

"I’m Yuna!" the mis-matched-eyed girl exclaimed. "Are you a blitzer? Because you look so strong." she giggled again. "Want to come sit with us!? This is Asuka," she added, gesturing to her friend.

Gerard tried to peer over their heads, but his vantage point was a poor one. Side-stepping their efforts, he walked around them with an admiring expression still clouding his face.

"Nice to meet you, Yusuka ... I must go...." with that, he sped off in the other direction, once again making his way to his elusive Al Bhed.

Rikku shifted the miniature robotic machina in her hands, turning it over to connect one switch to the next by means of a wire. It was a simple toy, really, but she enjoyed building things like that, and she was talented at it as well. Small wonder, given her heritage.

She stood up and began to walk forward, pausing in her tinkering with intentions to be
somewhat social and show her creation to Kat or some other machina-freak, but her progress was stopped as she collided with someone decidedly taller and fuller than she. Rikku stumbled back but was saved from a fall by a hand gently gripping her upper arm. She regained her balance and looked up into the coed who had both nearly knocked her over and pulled her back up.

"I’m really, really sorry!" he said urgently, eyes nervous and concerned amidst black bangs. She waved it off and gave him her usual bright grin, which he responded to with a smile that lifted her already light heart.

"It’s okay!" she chirped. "I wasn’t watching where I was going, really- too busy on this!" she held up her machina in evidence.

"Can I see that?" he asked, gesturing to it. She acquiesced and handed him the previous object of her attention. He examined it closely, careful not to disturb any of her work.

"Wow," he said, giving it back, "you’re really good at that."

"Thanks!" Rikku blushed faintly, shuffling her feet at the praise. "It’s just a toy. I think I have more fun making it than I do playing it–" she stopped herself, realizing something. "My name’s Rikku." she rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet, tipping her head slightly to one side, a habit she had when addressing others.

"Rikku," the boy said, testing out her name. He looked strangely elated. "My name’s Gerard."

The Al Bhed broadened her smile, abandoning her machina on the table without even realizing it. "Pleased to meet ya!" she glanced quickly around and pushed an empty chair forward with her toe. "Did you wanna sit down?"

Gerard responded by sitting down in the seat besides her’s so fast he was a blur.

"I’d like that."

-<>-<>-<>-<>-​

An hour later, the Headmistress came to collect her respective students. Twilight had fallen, and they were to settle themselves in their dormitory rooms.

As the girls all got up to be led out the door, Rikku lingered, reluctantly getting to her feet.

"Ou, I’ve gotta go now ... but it was great talking!" she said, smiling. She gathered up her bag and machina, putting the latter device in a pocket that jingled with metallic-sounded pieces inside.

"Yeah, me too! It was great!" Gerard agreed wholeheartedly, paying no attention to the fact that he sounded like a telemarketer on steroids with his enthusiasm. "Can I see you again?"

Rikku giggled in response. "We go to the same school now, silly. I’ll see you in our classes tomorrow."

"Oh, yeah, right."

"Bye!" with a sweeping wave, she bounded off, slipping through the door as it closed. Gerard stared at it a few moments longer, then jumped for joy and spun his way into a chair near the middle of the room, falling into the seat next to where Silver was lounging, Hoomhaha scurrying over his head and shoulders.

"I AM IN LOVE!"

"With what band now?"

"Not a band!" Gerard’s expression went blank and dreamy in accordance to his tone of voice. "With an angel!"

Silver remained silent and simply stared at his black-haired friend. The hamster on his head squeaked.

"THE FAIR MAIDEN WHO HAS PLANTED THE SEED OF PASSION IN THE BARREN BUT LOAMY SOIL OF MY HEART!"

"Wah ... ? Wait, you mean, you got a girl?" the argent-haired boy’s expression brightened.
"Finally dude! I was thinkin’ you were gonna end up like Sora...." as if on cue, both looked across the room at the cinnamon-haired boy in the corner, who was talking to something that looked suspiciously like a pink sock in his hands.

"I knew nuhin’ good would come’a it," Silver continued sagely, "soon as he gah’ tha’ sock, I knew we’d lost him."

Despite the unusual seriousness to his words, Gerard had tuned it out after their initial glance at Sora. Instead, he was staring torpidly at the door which Rikku had used to exit. He abruptly jumped up and spread out his arms as though expecting to take flight.

"I FEEL AS THOUGH I MAY RANDOMLY BREAK OUT INTO A CORNY SHOW TUNE!"

At this, ninety-nine percent of his fellow students {Sora was hugging his sock} immediately looked up in horror.

"NO!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back