• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

After finally seeing the ending.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRoadToDawn

So many of us have finally beaten the game and have seen the ending of course, now what came to my mind was remember when Nomura said they were gonna go with another ending but then ended up being rejected. What do you guys think it couldve been like? Because personally even though i found the ending to be great and was a happy ending maybe the original ending couldve been leaving Sora stuck in his comatose state and leave it as a possible darkish ending? I don't know really 0.o I want to hear your thoughts on maybe how it couldve originally been planed!

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Did Nomura say they changed the ending because Disney rejected the original idea for the ending? I don't remember.

Anyways maybe Sora was going to stay in a comma and then in his sleep he would travel his own memories, Ven's memories, Xion and Roxas' memories, and experience what they did, and then in his heart find Ansem's data himself in a game that they could have planned taking place after KH3D. In fact I think Nomura mention after 358/2 Days was released that he had plans for a KH game that would be different from the previous games and when asked if KH3D was the game he was talking about Nomura said no and that they had scrapped the idea for that earlier mentioned game. So maybe that is all connected?

TheRoadToDawn

Did Nomura say they changed the ending because Disney rejected the original idea for the ending? I don't remember.

Anyways maybe Sora was going to stay in a comma and then in his sleep he would travel his own memories, Ven's memories, Xion and Roxas' memories, and experience what they did, and then in his heart find Ansem's data himself in a game that they could have planned taking place after KH3D. In fact I think Nomura mention after 358/2 Days was released that he had plans for a KH game that would be different from the previous games and when asked if KH3D was the game he was talking about Nomura said no and that they had scrapped the idea for that earlier mentioned game. So maybe that is all connected?

Yess that would've actually had been cool, venturing through the memories could have been the prologue for his re awakening i guess. And I just read from the wiki that the ending was rejected by the staff itself.

Ultima Spark

I do know Lea was supposed to summon his keyblade when he swooped in to rescue Sora and co. at the last minute, but it was dropped for whatever reason. I can't recall any other possible endgame changes.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
The original ending he had planned was changed, because it was a little too dark or something. I know what you mean.
But yeah, I think that it was after the original was shot down, they changed it to being Lea would swoop in with Keyblade, but they changed it again.

There wasn't supposed to be the Nightmare Ventus Armor fight either. They threw it in because the way it was going to end seemed a little bland or something like that. Something was missing, and they brought in the fight.

I personally think that something was supposed to happen to Sora, and Lea wasn't going to come in to save the day. Maybe he really would've gotten Xehanort's Heart Fragment.
Then who knows, since it's only a fragment, maybe the real final boss could've been Sora fighting against a Soranort within his own heart.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
It wasn't said that the ending was changed because Disney disapproved or because it was controversial or any thing like that, by the way it was worded it just sounded like after the story had been more further developed plot points "A" "B" and "C" didn't match up with "Z" so they changed it to fit in with the rest of the plot. The ending was probably planned early on and just didn't make the cut after everything else was fleshed out. I'll have to look for the quote to see what it says though.

Sammi

I'm not too fond of the new Keyblade wielder (it seems as though everyone has a Keyblade nowadays), but I wasn't surprised with regards to Sora due to his slightly arrogant comment at the beginning of the game. I wonder what the original ending would have been like.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Yess that would've actually had been cool, venturing through the memories could have been the prologue for his re awakening i guess. And I just read from the wiki that the ending was rejected by the staff itself.

Yeah, I just really think Re:Coded wasn't really needed. They could have explained everything Re:Coded explained in the first five minutes of KH3D if they wanted to. Mickey finds mysterious message in Jiminy's Journal that has some hidden information magically inplanted, but the spell on the message prevents anyone from seeing the information. Mickey thinks Sora might be able to access the information since the journal is all about his adventures. Mickey summons Riku, Sora, and Kairi to Disney Castle. Sora touches the message and he is filled with all the information the data Namine revealed in Re:Coded. When Sora explains what he saw from the message, Mickey says they should speak to Yen Sid. Yen Sid reveals MX will return and so begins the mark of mastery exam and the rest of KH3D.

They should have used the data worlds concept and tie it into Ansem's data to make a game after KH3D that shows us how to rescue the people in torment. Basically the memories of Roxas, Xion, and Ven become data worlds and Sora goes through the worlds they have and you have things like the bugs in each world that were created by the pain of the people tied to Sora. Once Sora completes a data world he access memories of those connected to him and in the end he would find the meaning behind what Ansem told Aqua "So many are waiting for their new birth. Their birth by sleep". This whole journey into data and memories could have been a way for Sora to finally be approved of the mark of mastery. At the end of this game Sora and the others know realize what they have to do to save everyone and it ends with Sora looking up hopeful at the sky saying something like, "We're coming everyone." and so we have the lead in to KH3. Call the game "KH Coded" or "KH Reconnect" or if they had called BBS KH0, then we could have called it "KH Birth By Sleep" lol.

TheRoadToDawn

Yeah, I just really think Re:Coded wasn't really needed. They could have explained everything Re:Coded explained in the first five minutes of KH3D if they wanted to. Mickey finds mysterious message in Jiminy's Journal that has some hidden information magically inplanted, but the spell on the message prevents anyone from seeing the information. Mickey thinks Sora might be able to access the information since the journal is all about his adventures. Mickey summons Riku, Sora, and Kairi to Disney Castle. Sora touches the message and he is filled with all the information the data Namine revealed in Re:Coded. When Sora explains what he saw from the message, Mickey says they should speak to Yen Sid. Yen Sid reveals MX will return and so begins the mark of mastery exam and the rest of KH3D.

They should have used the data worlds concept and tie it into Ansem's data to make a game after KH3D that shows us how to rescue the people in torment. Basically the memories of Roxas, Xion, and Ven become data worlds and Sora goes through the worlds they have and you have things like the bugs in each world that were created by the pain of the people tied to Sora. Once Sora completes a data world he access memories of those connected to him and in the end he would find the meaning behind what Ansem told Aqua "So many are waiting for their new birth. Their birth by sleep". This whole journey into data and memories could have been a way for Sora to finally be approved of the mark of mastery. At the end of this game Sora and the others know realize what they have to do to save everyone and it ends with Sora looking up hopeful at the sky saying something like, "We're coming everyone." and so we have the lead in to KH3. Call the game "KH Coded" or "KH Reconnect" or if they had called BBS KH0, then we could have called it "KH Birth By Sleep" lol.

Well from what it seems like, KH3 is obviously coming next and I don't know if this "lighter" game from nomura will move the story forward in saving( we already technically know how they'll be saved) them but if there wont be any game to somehow reveal exactly how they're supposed to save them and they're deciding to obviously reveal it all at the beginning of KH3 then I'm going to say that we got one hell of a long game coming our way..

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Yeah, but that's too PC for Disney to actually reject. It's no riskier than BBS ending without Blank Points and Days doesnt exactly end on a happy note.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, but that's too PC for Disney to actually reject. It's no riskier than BBS ending without Blank Points and Days doesnt exactly end on a happy note.

If one wants to get technical, no KH Title so far ended on a full happy note. KH2 is the only one coming close if one chooses to overlook Naminé's and Roxas' fate and go by the sudden "We're happy trapped inside someone else"-crap they pulled at the end (which is explained as symbolically in the chronicle of KH2 in DDD, lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back