• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

After 8 Years, I Have FINALLY Beaten Kingdom Hearts!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gavinh2007

Awards
Website
abyssalsanctuaryofficial.blogspot.co.uk
I know that sounds insane. 8 years?! To be honest, that was just when I first started playing Kingdom Hearts back in 2006. I had the regular PlayStation 2 version and I played it loads... until I got to the second Ansem fight, right after Darkside and before the final fight of the game. Every single effing time I played the game, I would always, always die in the second Ansem fight. It was even more annoying before the HD ReMix because when you died and went back to the last save point, you have to sit through that darned long cutscene between Sora and Ansem. I have "so, you have come this far and still you understand nothing" and "one who knows nothing can understand nothing" etched into my brain!

I gave up completing the game in 2009 as it would take me months before I could even try again (and fail miserably). I tried a couple of times to just start from the beginning, but then I'd lose interest. With the new 1.5 HD ReMix that came out, I got it for Christmas and I have played it on and off the past few months. Since finishing college last month, I played on it a lot this past month. Well yesterday, after eight freakin' years of playing the game, I FINALLY BEAT IT! Oh my God I was so happy! I am so glad I was home alone at the time or my family would have thought I was having an epileptic fit. Seriously, that bliss that came with FINALLY beating the second Ansem was amazing.

By the time I got to the End of the World fight, I had literally ZERO items left, and I was on Level 59. I died a lot until I worked out a strategy and then, finally, I beat that too after about half an hour of trying. I had already completed Kingdom Hearts 2 in 2006 (my favourite game) and then Re: Chain of Memories in 2008, but beating Kingdom Hearts just makes it all that more special. Sorry for the random post, but I just had to share that. Words cannot express how happy I am right now. I'm just sad that I couldn't go back to the game after beating the final boss so I could go back and tie up some loose ends.

I wouldn't even attempt Proud Mode. Would probably take me 16 years to beat that.

Antar

Awards
Congratulations! I was really happy, too, when I passed KH1 HD. I was also playing standard but I don't think I had trouble on the last few battles for some reason. The only boss I kept constantly dying on was the fight with Giant Ursula.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
You must've skipped out on fighting a lot of enemies to be so unprepared-- not knocking you, it's actually my favorite way to play. More near death moments and crazy fights. Being overprepared in KH is super boring.

gavinh2007

Awards
Website
abyssalsanctuaryofficial.blogspot.co.uk
Thanks Antar. To be honest, what let me down in the last few boss battles was that I would almost always get caught when Ansem shouted "submit" and then I'd lose a bunch of health and would plow through my items. Giant Ursula was the same for me too! Just too many attacks and chaos around her head, hard to get a whack without her whacking back even harder!

I agree LaunchpadMcQuack, I don't think I left very many battles with heartless, even the random ones that popped up, and I was level 58 before the boss fights. I could only hold 6 items and my poor strategy meant I was not getting past the last few boss battles easily. I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if I was Level 100 with full HP and MP and able to carry tons of items. Too easy would be too boring.

Antar

Awards
Thanks Antar. To be honest, what let me down in the last few boss battles was that I would almost always get caught when Ansem shouted "submit" and then I'd lose a bunch of health and would plow through my items. Giant Ursula was the same for me too! Just too many attacks and chaos around her head, hard to get a whack without her whacking back even harder!

I agree LaunchpadMcQuack, I don't think I left very many battles with heartless, even the random ones that popped up, and I was level 58 before the boss fights. I could only hold 6 items and my poor strategy meant I was not getting past the last few boss battles easily. I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if I was Level 100 with full HP and MP and able to carry tons of items. Too easy would be too boring.

Oh yeah, that "submit" move. It just happens to fast without warning. I'm glad you finally got him, though. The more you lose to a boss, the more rewarding it is when you beat him! ^.^

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
A late joiner to the club, but you did it! Congrats. Now all you gotta do is beat all the other games. Hopefully it doesn't take you eight years to do it. :p

Master Ultima

Awards
Congrats on beating the game! Hopefully you'll catch up on all the games before Kingdom Hearts III.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I thought I've already responded to this.

But since I haven't, congratulations!
2006791_o.gif

nxtgarnett5

Congrats on beating Kh1! I remember when I first beat it. It was the first video game I ever completed. Maybe it wasn't as good as a feeling as beating it after eight years though lol

MyNameisAnsem

Congratulations! And of course, good luck beating the rest! So have you only played 1, 2, and CoM?

MegaCore5

Awards
Well to be fair Kingdom hearts can be quite a challenging game! I didn't beat Kingdom Hearts right away either because I rage quited it and didn't play again for a while. What difficulty were you playing on? I think I was on Expert mode.

Lester811

Congrats on beating the game for the first time ... the first game will always be really special to me for too many reasons to list ..... what was your favorite part of your experience

Sdog

Awards
What a triumphant underdog story :'). Haha just playin man, but that's great congratulations! I remember that fight gave me the most trouble out of all the mandatory boss fights throughout KH1 so I can connect!

P4L1_B34$T

I've beaten Kingdom Hearts 1 dozens of times before the HD remix came out, however, I got my first platinum trophy ever playing KH 1.5 which was great. It was kind of annoying though, since you need three playthroughs to get it.

omnipresent

I've beaten Kingdom Hearts 1 dozens of times before the HD remix came out, however, I got my first platinum trophy ever playing KH 1.5 which was great. It was kind of annoying though, since you need three playthroughs to get it.
Ikr. They should have allowed you to get all three trophies by just playing on the hardest difficulty once like pretty much every other game has done! Although I'm sure a lot of die hard fans didn't mind being required to play through it 3 times!!

MegaCore5

Awards
Ikr. They should have allowed you to get all three trophies by just playing on the hardest difficulty once like pretty much every other game has done! Although I'm sure a lot of die hard fans didn't mind being required to play through it 3 times!!
I also agree that it was ridiculous that you had to play this game several times in order to obtain each trophy. Don't get me wrong I have a bunch of hours clocked in on my KH1 game, but I have other games that I am trying to beat as well and this trophy system is just distracting me from my other favorite games. I would consider myself a diehard fan but I could not sit through all of the cut scenes three times straight.

omnipresent

I also agree that it was ridiculous that you had to play this game several times in order to obtain each trophy. Don't get me wrong I have a bunch of hours clocked in on my KH1 game, but I have other games that I am trying to beat as well and this trophy system is just distracting me from my other favorite games. I would consider myself a diehard fan but I could not sit through all of the cut scenes three times straight.
I have a hard enough time watching a youtube video longer than 5 minutes so yea it's a struggle.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

They should have stacked the difficulty trophies which hopefully they've done for 2. I'm one of the ones who didn't mind playing KH1 3 more times. :D

Bobjam

Awards
They should have stacked the difficulty trophies which hopefully they've done for 2. I'm one of the ones who didn't mind playing KH1 3 more times. :D

I am also one of those people....I kinda saw it as a reason to then go back and reply the games again before 2.5 comes and then maybe another round before 3. I don't need the plat straight away but I will get it one day ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back