• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► advice is welcomed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

For the glory of the hunt
haha
its kinda funny, what with all these mod campaigning threads and what not

well, i too am campaigning, but for Student Body President. everybody says i am a great speaker, so i am not worried about all the speeches i have to give. i am more worried about what i am going to say in those speeches...this isnt my first time running for an office, i have in the past, but i lost both times =(

so now, i am trying again. we are allowed to hang posters, make commercials and ads, and we are required to record a speech which will play on the announcments the day before voting. does anybody have any advice on campaigning? i would gladly appreciate it!

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Say you'll give out free ice cream and you'll win.

Just relax, notice what the school needs to improve on, and focus on htose points. Good luck

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
boredatwork1.jpg

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Well you need confidence like TR said, a creative team of people to help you and you have to keep a strong work ethic!
And if you make it far enough to be considered a candidate make sure if you make promises you can keep them (think realisitically).

That is key to winning an election.

Artemis

well
the thing is
i cant promise anything, so i cant put any of that "I promise more fun, joy and magic at school."
i asked the counselor, he said the speech was more of a "Vote for Brianna!" type thing

i am trying to find creative ways of getting my name out there, like slogans and ads. haha, no freebies either

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
If I were you, I would send out a survey asking what the student body wants to be improved the most, and incorporate the top five in your speeches. You don't even have to keep to your word, just promise big improvements, and throw in a few reasonable ones that you can actually follow through with. That way, you wouldn't have to put a lot of effort into things, and yet, you won't look like a cheat.

That's how I'd go about it, at least.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Well, do you plan on improving areas of the school that need it? If so, then there's no reason to not mention them in your speech. You don't necessarily need to promise, as long as you're capable of doing what needs to be done.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
They don't want anything clever or original. Seriously.

Do the same thing everyone else is doing, just do it better. Glaurung also had good advice, tell them what they want to hear.

Trag

Bronze Member
Say: Vote for me, and all of your dreams will come true.
Win.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
VOTE FOR BRI AND YOU'LL BE FREE!

er... I dunno XD.... I like the survey suggestion.... good luck!

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
lulz
because this is a student body anarchy
i shall free them!

brilliant idea

Anarchy indeed X_X.... Free those poor enslaved students from the wretched grasps from those superior beings known as teachers... D=:mellow:

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
How about this one.

"Vote for me, because I know you're lazy and don't wanna be bothered doing this, so the sooner you get it over with, the sooner we can all shut up."

Artemis

*sigh*
it sucks, its gonna come down to a popularity contest
and the other guy running is waaay more popular than me

plus his slogan is "I'll sleep with you"
HOW WILL I COMPETE WITH THAT!?!?!

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
*sigh*
it sucks, its gonna come down to a popularity contest
and the other guy running is waaay more popular than me

plus his slogan is "I'll sleep with you"
HOW WILL I COMPETE WITH THAT!?!?!

The school is actually allowing for that to be his slogan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back