• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Advice for cheating Ice Cream Beat in KH 2.5?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Casandraelf

Maybe it's because I absolutely fail at rhythm games, despite having a good sense of rhythm when listening to music, but I'm so mad about this I swear I'm about to break something. I CANNOT get past the first level of Ice Cream Beat and I want to know if there is ANY way to cheat it without an external device. Whoever thought it was a good idea to put a rhythm minigame you HAVE to beat in order to progress the main story needs to not only be fired but blacklisted so they can never work again.

In other words, help me please!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Man, I feel you. :D I was so damn happy when I was through with this god damned mini-game, especially for the trophy. -.-
"Fun"-fact: They had the nerve to call it "Spaß in Eistüten" in german, which translates to "fun in ice-cream cones".
Who had this idea? If there is anything I didn't have with this game, it was FUN. -.-

I'm terribly sorry, but I know of no way to help you. Just try until it works. :(

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I never bothered trying for the trophy, but I got just as mad. SO mad I finally asked my rhythm game loving middle brother to come and beat the damn thing for me. I just wanted to get though the bloody story. I didn't impose on him to get the command style; I thought that'd be going too far.

I hope they don't bring anything like this crap back for KH3, or I'm going to be SO tempted to throw the controller.

Anyway I don't have any advice for you. If you don't have a friend/relative who likes Guitar Hero or something like that, just keep trying. You'll get though it.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hmm. For a long time I thought that ice cream beat was impossible for me, but one evening I just sat down and decided to face the challenge. After an hour, I had beaten almost every song with their harder difficulties. I am not especially good at timing/rhythm games, but I manged to do them. Just try again and again, and you will learn the songs. If it gets too bad, take a break and try again later. That is how I cleared the final song in its hardest difficulty.

Some people say it is easier to do if you mute your tv and focus on the rings instead the beat, but that did not work for me. Have you tried this yet?

DoctahFaz

Awards
I haven't even bothered trying for the trophy and was annoyed enough with the required one to progress the story.

This mini game gives ice cream such a bad name. Who knew that such a tasty frozen treat that should incite nothing but happiness could cause such agony and lead to hearing Small World in your sleep?

Hack

I just came up with this idea so it might not work at all ,but i guess its worth to give it a shot if you are having si much trouble.
So start your prefered song and then pause it, go to youtube and search for the exact same song and set it about half a second forward .Lower the volume of your tv completely and then play the video and unpause your game. As i said though i havent tried this so it might not work as expected.

Edit: i forgot to say you have to only look at the youtube video and if you have are responding slowly that half a second should give you all the time you need.Its still a long shot though so dont blame me if yhis fails miserably :p

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Easy. Plug in your Game Genie and then...wait, they don't make those anymore... T-T

In all seriousness, all I can really say all things considered is either trial and error your way to victory or try the method that Hack came up with. On the PSP, I was forced to do the former strategy just to progress, but I had an infinitely easier time on the PS3 which didn't have as much button delay as the PSP did.

I always found it incredibly stupid that you needed a certain rank in the mini game just to proceed with the story. Having to do this sort of thing - a mini game - to progress the plot seems very counter intuitive.

Xeyril

WOW there is some intense hate for this mini game XD
I had trouble with it the first time around on the PSP, but doing it on the hd remix years later, I have no problem with it, I actually think it's kinda fun lol. I just got top rank on all of them last night. But yeah, I've been where you are, and it's INFURIATING
All you have to do is keep trying over and over till you either memorize the whole thing or get lucky enough to pass. It's just a matter of patience and paying attention. Try to stay calm, you'll be able to focus better.
You seem to have it in your head that it's super difficult and not passable. As cliche as it sounds, keeping a positive attitude will make it easier :) Just say to yourself that it's no big deal and totally achievable, and you'll probably start doing better, good luck!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Well, yeah. Of course everyone hates it. They make a rhythm minigame, something that has no bearing on the rest of the gameplay whatsoever, and they make it necessary to advance the plot. It's over-saturated in that kind of awkwardness that makes you pray that no one will walk in on you during it. On top of all that, it's playing to the song "IT'S A SMALL WORLD." That one song that EVERYONE hates, even in-universe. (Scar: No! Anything but that.)

It's Atlantica all over again. Except it's not optional, so depending on how you look at it, it's even WORSE. It somehow managed to ruin ice cream, for cryin' out loud!

Xeyril

Yeah, it's a small world is a pretty hated song lol. But it's kinda a cool cameo that such a famous piece of music got to be in Kingdom Hearts, right? And the other songs are pretty cool, the Gummi Ship, Destiny Islands, and Hand in Hand were pretty good choices I thought. It is pretty cringy to have someone walk in on, though, I agree.

Awards
I used to try to hit the x button when the big ring enclosed on the small ring. Do not do this. You will fail more often than you get it. Instead, wait for it to pass the small ring into the shaded section (right after it passes the small ring, basically) and then hit x. I get Fantastics on everything now pretty easily.

I pay more attention to those big white rings that appear than anything else. Don't rely too much on the music. I think it's off, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back