• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Advent Darkness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

whodeany

Hey. Just something quick I threw together. If you like it and want me to continue, let me know, because im not sure if i'll continue or simply leave it now.
An Idea I had in a disccusion earlier, but only just decided to explore.

Advent Darkness
Chapter 1: Re/Birth
Panting. Sweating. The man kneels, head slunk down, his arms pressed firmly against the ground. As he leans back, pushing himself into a sitting position, his waving silver hair blows in the gentle wind. A darkness surrounds him, his golden eyes piercing the entire area around him. A deep city, teeming with heartless, surrounds him in every direction. In the sky, there is nothing: No stars, no clouds, no moon.

Where am I?

He shakily stands, wiping the cold sweat from his brow, and steadys his breathing. The enormous building that towers before him houses a large screen, which shows nothing but static.

Why am I here? What is this place?

Just as suddenly as the man appeared, the ground around him turns black, dozens of creatures protruding their twisted form from the seemingly solid earth. Unfazed, the man calmly looks upon them, the creatures suddenly rushing at him with an open hostility. As they are to connect, a pack of jerky, white creatures in coats appear and destroy the heartless with a flick of their limbs. Landing in a circle around the man, they merely stand, eyes fixated on his form.

"Why... Do I not feel?" He mutters, the creatures simply shrieking as they rush off toward an unknown destination together.
Follow us. A voice is heard within the man's head, as if the creature's beckon him. As if he can understand them. Unflinching, he walks after their bounding movements, hoping they will lead him to an answer. Any answer. Delivering him to the cusp of a cliff, he looks toward the night sky, a gigantic castle stands above all else. The white creatures cover the castle, slowly building it into existance, little more a general shape currently visible.

We have been waiting for you my Lord. The voice speaks, You are the same as us. Yet very different.
"The same as yo-?" The man speaks, before a voice from behind cuts him at mid-sentence.
"Xehanort!"

Spinning around, the silver haired man's eyes lay directly at his pursuer. A man of similar size, his long hair tied back in a ponytail, black with a hint of grey atop his skull. A distinctive scar running down his cheek, an eyepatch covering his right eye, he carries a troublesome smile as he wanders toward the cliff.
"No... That name." The silver haired man replies, "I am Xehanort no longer. Just as you are not Braig."
"Then who have we become?" The second man asks, looking up at the castle.
"I think the question we should ask is... What have we become?"

Andillexe

I think it's interesting so far. There were a few grammatical errors and an awkward sentence or two, but overall it was good. I wonder where you're going to go with this, though.

whodeany

Sorry about the super-late update, i've been busy, but i think i should be able to write some more soon. I have spoiled myself a bit on BBS, so ill try to add some sly winks to it in relation to some of the characters, but until its released i wont go throwing spoilers out.
Anyway, tell me what you think!! and if you have any ideas, dont be shy about sharing them. You could enhance my story!

---

Chapter 2: The non-existent ones
“So, if my theory is correct… we shed our hearts the moment we gave into the darkness.”
Six men had gathered in the incomplete castle, the large cylindrical room surrounding them on all sides, its' rooftop stretching higher than any of them could see.
“This of course explains how we seem unable to feel emotion; an attribute granted by the ownership of a heart.” The man continues speaking, his cold green eyes framed by the locks of blonde hair streaming from the top of his head. “I will need to perform various tests to be sure. At this stage, I can only hope to form a mere hypothesis.”

“Of course.” The silver-haired man speaks, crossing his arms as he nods in agreement. “Even, take Ienzo and begin work on finding out what has happened to us.”
“And what do you bid the rest of us do? Master Xehanort?“ Braig chuckles.
“That is no longer my name. I left it behind the second we stepped through the threshold of the realm in which we now reside.”
“Then who are you this time?” He responds, his singular eye gleaming.

This time? What does he mean?

Arms still crossed, his mind deep in thought, the man closes his eyes.
“I… do not know…”

~~~

Xehanort?! No… I am no longer Xehanort… I am…

Deep within the realm of darkness, a form grows, consisting of a heart blacker than the realm itself. Its body takes shape, trembling arms sprouting from a mass of evil, their fingers clawing at the world around him. The creature forms legs, a torso and finally; a face.

I am… Ansem…

~~~

A sudden rush of awareness runs over the so-called ‘Xehanort’, as he feels a presence come into existence: A existence resonating with his own.
“I am… no longer Xehanort… I am…”
He looks toward the nothingness above, a dark robe adorning his body, its silver trims sparkling in what little light glimmers.
I am… Ansem…
“What?” He stutters, words suddenly projecting themselves through his mind, the voice sounding eerily similar to his own.

No, I am not him. I am…

“I am Xemnas.” The man speaks; his colleagues listening intently. “From this moment forth, we must cast aside our names, as we cast aside our hearts. Without them, we will no longer be the same as we were. The past is written, but the future is ours to control.”
“Xemnas huh?” Braig speaks, nodding in approval, “I guess its time to think of a name, right?”
“Although we push aside our past, we must not forget it. Our names will signify that resolve.” Xemnas commands, the other six agreeing. “Xigbar, Xaldin, Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion. Today, we begin.”

~~~

Fingers digging into the sand, the moonlight shines over his body, silver hair dripping wet from the oceans’ waves. His glowing, golden eyes sparking into existence the second he opens them, the man slowly stands to his feet, heartless already appearing around him. Looking toward them without fear, he devilishly grins, the creatures seemingly bowing to his immense will. A darkness covering his body, it lingers for but a second, covering his body in clothes from the strongest remains of his heart. Laughing aloud, the man stands unflinching in the darkest depths of the realm of darkness.

His name is Ansem.

Last edited:

whodeany

So... It's been a while since I was last writing for this Fan Fic, but hopefully ill be able to do some work on it soon. I don't know how good it will be, since i havent written anything like this for a while, but.. here goes!

---

Chapter Three: A tired journey

Will I ever find my way out of this place?

The figure stumbles forward, a large metallic key holding her beaten figure standing. Her bright, blue eyes scan the horizon for danger. It had been a long time since she arrived in the Realm of Darkness. Years. Decades? Maybe more. She couldn’t remember anymore, time slipped away so quickly here.
The ground begun shaking, the darkness around her trembling: seemingly watching her.

Another battle. How much longer can I continue like this?

A dark portal appears on the ground, a giant claw reaching out from within. From the shadows, three giant figures creep toward her, beady yellow eyes scanning her every move. One of the creatures lets out an inhuman roar and throws its dark fist toward her, when suddenly she springs into action, a barrier of magical energy appearing to block its attack. Suddenly, the barrier explodes, taking the creature’s arm with it.

“You want a fight?” She screams, throwing her keyblade toward the enemy, as she suddenly disappears. Tearing through the giant beast, the keyblade catches alight, continuing on to destroy another of the beings. Soaring through the air, the woman appears once more, catching the weapon with her free hand, the other charging a blue ball of energy. Throwing her palm forward, three chunks of ice are blown toward another of her assailants, freezing it in its tracks.

The final monstrosity emerges from the portal, its eyes captivated on her form. It bends over, suddenly releasing dozens of dark balls of energy toward her. Rushing forward, she weaves in and out of the attacks, seemingly appearing in multiple places at once due to the sheer speed of her movements. Pulling the weapon back, she leaps into the air, slicing the beast in two. Both halves erupting in flames of darkness, it soon disappears into the nothingness that surrounds her.

Falling to her knees, she keeps a firm grip on the blade, a single tear running down her cheek. Her blue hair wavers in what feels almost like a breeze, although she doesn't remember if the Realm of Darkness can harbour wind: at this point she doesn't remember a lot of things.

"Ventus... Terra... I don't know how much longer I can do this... I don't know if I can save you..."

---

What do you think? Let me know if theres anything i could do to make it better. Obviously i havent hit alot of story yet, thats because i'm re thinking where ill go with it, so... bear with me.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Holy cow, I had completely forgotten about this fanfic. Well, it's good to see you back and updating. Hooray!!! Aqua is in the story!!! I love Aqua; she is one of my favorite characters. So, what exactly is her role in the story? Does she have something to do with the Org.? Well, I guess time will tell. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

whodeany

Thanks heaps for the feedback! Yeah i had forgotten about it as well for a while, but playing BBS got me back into the KH mood and, here I am. As for her story, you'll just have to wait and see :)

whodeany

Chapter 4: A Forgotten Path

Memories. They come rushing back to me, one at a time. Are they my own? Or those of a mad man?
These memories rest deep within me, yet they feature an figure unknown to me. He speaks his name: Xehanort. Impossible. The man is far to old to be the Xehanort I remember. The Xehanort I was.

He is seeking something. I cannot tell what, the memories are still too vague. Perhaps, I need more time to wade through what remains of my heart. If there is anything left.

My heart. What has become of my heart?

Xemnas stands at his window, staring out into the dark sky that surrounds the now-completed castle. It felt a lifetime ago, but it had been merely 3 days since he and his colleagues had decided to band together to solve the riddles of their existence. The group had been investigating the ‘Nobodies’, as they were apparently known, and had learned very little. He had almost given up hope, when a sudden wrapping on his door aroused his interests.

Swinging the door open, Xemnas stood in the doorway, looking toward one of the members of the newly formed Organisation.
“Xigbar, what is it?”
“It seems we have some guests…”

---

“Isa? Where are you?”
Frantically, the red-haired teen searched the seemingly deserted town, his voice echoing in the darkness. Bouncing from location to location, he suddenly finds what he was searching for. A boy, about the same age, lay silently on the cold ground.
"Isa!"

Rushing to his friends side, the boy drops to his knees, quickly shaking the silent figure. His wild red hair contrasting wildly with his friends long, blue hair, the teen shouts for his friend to awaken.
"Isa! Wake up! It's me! Lea!!"
Suddenly, the boy's eyes shot open. A golden hue colouring his iris, Isa sits up, quickly grabbing his head in pain.
"Gah... This pain... Lea...What happened to us?"
"It was those damn heartless... We never should have snuck into the castle..."

"Amazing... Despite having lost his heart, the boy still acts as though he owns it!" Vexen deducts, the two friends quickly looking toward the nearby 6 figures. Black cloaks falling around each of them, they stand just out of reach, watching the two.
"It must have something to do with their memories... They were friends, so they continue to be friends now. We were colleagues, so we continue to work together now."
"Well, Master Xemnas? What should we do with these two?" Xibgar laughs, shooting his golden eye toward Lea.

His eye... It's the same as Isa's? What's happened to him?

Lea quickly stands to his feet, screaming.
"You won't hurt us! I won't let you!"
A burst of flames erupt from both his hands, two metallic chakram appearing as he dashes toward his assailants. Grinning wildly, Xigbar leaps toward the boy, dropping his knee into Lea's stomach. A terrible pain shoots through his entire body, sending him flying back into a nearby wall.

"Xigbar!" Xemnas shouts, the eye-patched warrior landing gracefully on the ground. "We will not harm them... They are the same as us."
Struggling to their feet, Isa and Lea look toward the group, unsure of how they should act. Flicking his hand across the air, Xemnas conjures a darkness that wraps around the two. At first, they fight the darkness, flailing at the unknown. But suddenly, it melts away, and leaves behind a pair of black cloaks.

"Axel... Saix...If you wish to understand what you have become... Join us."
The two think for a brief second, with Saix stepping forward suddenly.
"Yes. We will join you." He speaks, Axel shocked at his answer, Xigbar's eye flashing as he crosses his arms.
"Welcome to the Organization." Xemnas announces, "Zexion, take them to the castle. Prepare the rooms."

---

Once again, any feedback is welcome!

whodeany

thanks so much for your responses. I am hoping to bring in the entire Organization in some way or another, as long as its not too daunting a task for me to keep them all interesting.

Anywho, ill hopefully be back with a new update sometime soon! so stay posted!

whodeany

Chapter 5: Reunion

Splashing the dark water over her face, the blue haired warrior breathes a sigh of relief, having the first moment of rest for what felt like weeks. The distant moonlight glitters off the endless body of water, drawing her attention to it with its unearthly glow. The coastline inching toward her, she sits herself back onto a nearby rock, closing her eyes.

Rest. Finally.

For a moment, there is no sound save for the crashing of waves. For a brief moment, she is alone.

"Who are you?" A voice comments, the girl's eyes thrusting open as she leaps to her feet. Before her, a man stands, a black cloak adorning his body, his face hidden by a darkened hood. Standing perfectly still, the man awaits her response, the woman warily eyeing him.

Is this the same figure who attacked me at the Master's castle?

"My name is Aqua. Do you know where I am?"

"You are in the Realm of Darkness. It seems you have been here for some time?" The figure deducts, placing his arms behind his back, "But I ask you: How did you arrive here? You are not a denizen of darkness."

Silently, Aqua stands at the ready. This man, whoever he was, was giving off a bad vibe. Impatiently, he asked again.
"How did you get here?"
"It is none of your business. I got here of my own free will." She abruptly responds, keeping her eyes on his form, "I suggest you leave now."

Chuckling to himself, the man holds his hand to the side, a large double ended spear appearing in his hand. Another spear appears beside him, his second hand grabbing it quickly, the cloak blowing in the wind. Her eyes still on his form, Aqua summons her keyblade, the simple grey design shining in the moonlight.

"I see... So that is how you got here." He laughed, "Very interesting."

"Xaldin!" A voice echoes, as a portal of darkness appears behind him. A second cloaked individual steps through the portal, walking in on the unexpected situation.
"Wow... what have you found here?"
"She wields a Keyblade, the Superior would want to know."

Turning his attention to the woman, the cloaked man laughed.
"Long time no see, Aqua." He speaks, the woman recognising his voice.
"I've heard your voice before. Who are you? How do you know me?" She pressed, holding her master's keyblade at the two.
"Xaldin, I found one... Demy... something or rather. RTC." He responded, staring at Aqua as he spoke. "Be a good girl now."

Just as suddenly as the two appeared, they were gone in a flash of darkness, leaving nothing but the sound of the waves. Her eyes focused, Aqua breathed aloud.

Neither of them was the man who assaulted me at the Land of Departure. But... the second man... Who was he? I don't remember anymore.

Shaking her head, she sighed relief, pulling a keepsake from her pocket. She held the wayfinder tightly, closing her eyes. At this point, she did not even remember what she was searching for. Answers? A way out? The only thing she remembered was the bond with her friends. The friends she had to find a way to save.

Those men had an interest in me. If I find them, I may find some answers.

---

Appearing at the darkened castle, the two cloaked figures step out of the portal, the summoned spears disappearing in a gust of wind. They stood before the new recruit, a younger looking man with sandy blonde hair, pushed up vertically. He stood quietly, still unsure of how he should behave around his new companions.
"Nice to meet you!" He said, holding out his hand to the two figures.

Silently, Xaldin brushed past the newcomer, wandering out of the room. Turning back to his accomplice, he spoke.
"I am going to tell the Superior about the girl." He spoke, "If what Vexen and Ienzo have found is true, she could be the key to our salvation."
"I wouldn't do that."
Stopping in his tracks, the burly man turned to face his partner.
"And why is that?"
"Truth be told, he isn't in the castle... He's been missing for about 6 hours."
"Missing?" Xaldin commented, crossing his arms. "Demyx, come with me. I will show you to your quarters."
"Uhh... sure." The young nobody responded, wandering after him. "Nice to meet you!" He shouted back to the hooded man, who shook his head.
"I'm the one who recruited you, idiot!"
"Oh... sorry! It's hard to know who you are when you wear those hoods all the time!"

As the two left the room, the figure crossed his arms, and glinted his eye out the window.

Now, Xehanort... Where have you gone this time?

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Okay, that was weird. Why did they just leave Aqua in the dark realm? You would think that, if they were looking for a Keyblade wielder, they would take her with them. Well, I am sure you have a plan for the story behind this situation. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

whodeany

Well, at the moment they are under strict orders to search for recruits, And they have no proof that Vexen's research is accurate, or that Aqua would even help then. It's not like in kh2 where they have a clear goal, and control over the heartless. They're still learning, so they need time to get as evil as they eventually will be haha :) thanks for your comment but. I'll begin working on a new chapter next week, so expect an update in the next few days.

whodeany

Chapter 6: A New Mission

The spiral ramp descends for what seems an eternity. The cloaked nobody slowly walking its path, his hooded face hidden from view.

This place... I remember it.

Eventually, he reaches the bottom of the long, dark shaft, an automatic door opening before him. Walking through the well lit hallway, passing several doors on either side of him, he reaches the final door.

---

"Where has the Superior gone?" Saix speaks, surrounded by the other members of the Organization. Xigbar crosses his arms, smirking at the new nobodies interest in him.
"The last thing he said to me was, 'I must return to where it all began'." Xigbar replied, chuckling a little. "It could be he has returned too--"

Suddenly, the door slides open, Xemnas walking into the room where the Nobodies gathered. His footsteps echo as he wanders in, the others simply staying quiet.
"Zexion, Lexaeus." He speaks, "The two of you are to go directly to Radient Garden, we need to know the damage that has been done there by the heartless invasion."
Nodding, the two nobodies walk out of the room immediately, leaving on their mission.

"Vexen, you are to continue your research into the heart at once. Go to the castle and retrieve your notes and equipment, and bring them here."
"Yes sir," He replies, quickly disappearing from the room also. Demyx stands before Xemnas, the man staring toward the new member.
"And you are?"
"Demyx."
"Go to your room. Make yourself confortable, tomorrow you begin your missions." Xemnas commanded, Demyx agreeing. If there was one thing he could tell from this man, he was more powerful then any of the other members. By far. And he was not going to disagree with him. Ever.

Xaldin stepped forward, pulling the hood off his face, revealing his long black hair.
"Sir, while searching for new members, we came across a one of the Keyblade's Chosen." He reports, Xemnas nodding. "If what Vexen believes is true, she may be able to lead us to our lost hearts."
"We do not know enough about Nobodies yet to learn anything from her presence, our hearts could have been destroyed the second we entered the darkness." The leader replied, his silver hair shining in the dark light.
"For now, leave her." He commanded, "When we have a use for her, we will find her. She is in the Realm of Darkness, she won't be able to escape without submitting herself to darkness. We should, however, keep an eye on her."

Turning his back on the remaining members, he began walking through the castle.
"The rest of you are excused for the day. Xigbar, come with me. I have a mission for you."

---

There you go. Chapter 6. I think the story is going to get a bit more interesting after this, more ideas for how I can use the Organization are coming to me every day. Its entirely possible there will be BBS/Days Spoilers, but then again I guess there already have been.

Comment, let me know what you think. Criticism is always welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back