• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Adopt-A-Newb?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Endgame

:D
So, uh, I had this idea. Given we'll be seeing a steady influx of new young roleplayers, after the recent, and upcoming release of new KH games, we'll be seeing a whole lot of newbie RP's. And I thought to myself, wouldn't it be cool if we had a thread they could just go to, post what kinda RP they wanted to make, and then someone from our more experienced group PM's them and sets up to collab their idea, basically asking the newbie what they want, getting more details and ideas from them, and then writing and posting the RP themselves.

Comments/Thoughts/Enthusiastic expressions of interest?

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
Or even if they don't get the gist of RPing but would like to learn? That'd be cool.

Endgame

Those wern't enthusiastic at all. In fact if anything I'd say they were noncommital. I demand enthuasism.

Well, as for them learning to RP, that's a long process, and simply put, people don't wanna commit so much of their time to reading newbie posts and telling them how to improve. I'm thinking leave that to the discretion of the experienced RPer's however, and make this a one-stop-newbie-help-shop, where they post their problem/request and get someone who's prepared to work with them and help them figure stuff out rather then just a post directing them to a thread.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
Enthusiasm?

Yes-hoo! Sounds like a great idea! (Seriously though, it is.) I'd be down to help.

Endgame

Yes-hoo? God, if you call that enthusiasim, you should be bounding around with Mario stomping on goombas.

Ya. Ha. Wa-hoo!

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
._. Guess the secrets out.

Take 2:
Thats a fucking great idea Endgame! I'd be more than willing to help! (Better?)

Endgame

Exponentially.

Well, when we put this together, I'm thinking it'll operate on a more or less freeform basis. People post their requests, we check the thread when we feel like it, help who we want to help, ect. But we're gonna need some way of indicating to one another who's helping who. Otherwise a very confused newb will be getting conflicting advice from 6 different people.

Brol

ATDT-ToA-ToS
Awards
Hm.. a Adopt-A-Newb...yes, this idea will help with the boosts in numbers, not to mention usually the new ones tend to suck at making roleplays. *cough2sentenceintrocough* I put my full support so that no one will ever have to go through that again...

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
So, uh, I had this idea. Given we'll be seeing a steady influx of new young roleplayers, after the recent, and upcoming release of new KH games, we'll be seeing a whole lot of newbie RP's. And I thought to myself, wouldn't it be cool if we had a thread they could just go to, post what kinda RP they wanted to make, and then someone from our more experienced group PM's them and sets up to collab their idea, basically asking the newbie what they want, getting more details and ideas from them, and then writing and posting the RP themselves.

Comments/Thoughts/Enthusiastic expressions of interest?

I had an idea very much like this recently to, although applicable to any roleplay ideas in their infancy. I'd be glad to help, since I have a vested interest in this section not being filled with illiterate teenagers all too eager to relive their fantasies of Organization XIII or the Keyblade War.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
._. Guess the secrets out.

Take 2:
Thats a fucking great idea Endgame! I'd be more than willing to help! (Better?)

:O

*throws holy water in Kiba-kun's mouth*. Wait, I don't have holy water, I only have a batch of hydrochloric acid.. Anyways, that sounds like a wonderful idea ^^

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
I drink hydrochloric acid for breakfast! :D

But yea, maybe you could have it like a request thing? Or whoever jumps on it first would let others know.

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
Awesome =D !! This sounds like a really good and helpful idea =) , I'll be glad to help out =3

Aliahya

Bronze Member
This sounds bloody wonderful! Credit to all

Getting newbs to write more then 1 sentence would be very very helpful.

Also temps that arnt

Name Unknown (unless it fits in with a decent bio)
Age ???
Personality (Two Words)
Bio (Two Lines)

It drives me personaly insane when you have nothing to go off when it comes to other rprs temps.

I would love to help!

Brol

ATDT-ToA-ToS
Awards
"∞, King Wolfe, Endgame, Endless Warrior Sora, Brol, Kibamaru18, Lumine, Relliks Ban..." Pulls up a random clip board with a few sheets of papers. Leaning back against the meeting room, Brol scribbles Aliahya's name. "Ok... so that makes 9 experienced members.... you think that's enough to get this thread sticky'ed?" He asks the group aloud, scratching his chin with the pen edge.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Is this to say that a veteran RPer would be assigned to 'raise' a noob/noobish one, and guide them towards becoming one of the greats on the site?

Because in some cases, I've already seen that happening with people.

Cambodia, harvesting all the orphans I can.
Is this to say that a veteran RPer would be assigned to 'raise' a noob/noobish one, and guide them towards becoming one of the greats on the site?

Because in some cases, I've already seen that happening with people.

I think that's the case, but this would be a more official thing. A hopefully stickied thread where noobs wouldn't have to search too far.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
Actually, if I understood correctly, it's for newb RPers who have RP ideas to come and ask for help on setting it up and making it interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back