• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Adaptive trigger and haptic feedback?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NoWay

Awards
During the last weeks I have been wondering how the developers can implement the functions of the DualSense in KH? Especially the adaptive triggers and the haptic feedback.
I mean in KH we don’t have classic weapons like shooting guns nor bows and arrows. And we also control the Keyblades with the X button, but not with L2/R2.

What do you think about that? What can we expect from KH on the PS5?

I’d really love if they implemented the adaptive triggers and the haptic feedback but I can’t imagine HOW they could do that in KH.

Maybe in a Yozora game?

okhi12

Awards
Now that keyblade transformations are a thing I see no problem with that, Sora can potentially wield any type of weapon. Same for the other keyblade wielders. At least we know the Lingering Will also transformed his keyblade into other weapons, so it's not a Sora-only thing.

And the Dualsense functions can be used for a lot of things other than weapons, like exploring the worlds (walking over different terrains like mud, snow...) and interacting with things.
I can easily imagine minigames integrating the haptic feedback and adaptive triggers.

They just need to be a bit creative, there are many possibilities. I hope they DO make use of the DualSense functions in any future KH game for the PS5, even if they release the game for other systems that don't support these functions. The games being now multiplatform shouldn't be an excuse to ignore the DualSense, even if that implies more work for one particular version of the game.

NoWay

Awards
Now that keyblade transformations are a thing I see no problem with that, Sora can potentially wield any type of weapon. Same for the other keyblade wielders. At least we know the Lingering Will also transformed his keyblade into other weapons, so it's not a Sora-only thing.

And the Dualsense functions can be used for a lot of things other than weapons, like exploring the worlds (walking over different terrains like mud, snow...) and interacting with things.
I can easily imagine minigames integrating the haptic feedback and adaptive triggers.

They just need to be a bit creative, there are many possibilities. I hope they DO make use of the DualSense functions in any future KH game for the PS5, even if they release the game for other systems that don't support these functions. The games being now multiplatform shouldn't be an excuse to ignore the DualSense, even if that implies more work for one particular version of the game.
Yeah you’re right but still I was just wondering because the majority of KH consists of pressing X. But I didn’t think about walking over terrain and weather effects that much tbh although this is already that present in KH3. I mean it would be really cool to feel Arendelle or the Caribbean with the DualSense.

I also really hope that they find creative ways to implement the DualSense controller. Especially after seeing the Ratchet and Clank gameplay I REALLY want to see KH on the next gen consoles especially on the PS5.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They could include the rain droplet haptic feedback. Control did one where every step Jesse took made a small vibration in the controller - vibration on the middle left side when she stepped with her left foot, vibration on the middle right side when she stepped with her right foot - but that annoyed me after a while so I hope they don't do that.

They can use the haptics for magic as well. A swirl of vibrations with casting Aero, or a vibration that goes from the bottom of the controller to the top when casting fire.

Formchanges like the one with the Shooting Star Keyblade that let you shoot enemies and other shooting mini-games can utilise the half trigger pull. In Returnal, you hold the L2 button down half way - you feel resistance here - to aim your regular ammo. Pull it down further and it changes to your weapons special fire ammo. The same thing is being used in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart with their shotgun (I've actually gotten so use to it in Returnal that when I play R&C 2016 I found myself holding L2 down half way ahaha)

Back