• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Adam Sessler Plays Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumja

Yippee Ki Yay, mofo
Website
www.myspace.com
Adam Sessler Plays Kingdom Hearts

Seriously, this is so funny. Since this has always been such a childhood-nostalgia-perfectly perfect game to me, I never noticed how this game looked through an adult's eyes until now. It kinda changes my outlook on the game, but in a good way. Try not to take offense to this video since he technically "hates kingdom hearts", I just thought it was really funny.
Also, if you've played Kingdom Hearts about 50 times like I have, this might be a bit painful to watch.

Cheers!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I read the title as Adam Sandler.

I did as well, and was a little disappointed because I have no idea who this other guy is.

It's interesting to get a new perspective on the series, even if he dislikes it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This is hilarious! I always liked Adam Sessler out of everybody else that was on G4. This commentary is funny, and honestly when my friends and I happen to play games we usually joke around like this regardless if we like a series or not.

This is fun. (Other playthroughs are usually bull and unfunny) And it is nice to see his opinion on the series. Y'know...even if he hates it xD

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Nice to see good ol' Adam Sessler again, even if it's his disdain for KH. I always felt a little bad for him and the rest of the G4 people for always having KH3 being their most frequently asked about game. At least that can finally be put behind them.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I remember watching the original KH review on Extended Play (and I'm pretty sure it got a 4 out of 5, if my memory is correct).

This just stirred up all sorts of nostalgia for me.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I respect Adam Sessler so much. It's hilarious seeing him react as he plays this. I knew what to expect because he has always hated anime games and anything that remotely resembled them.

I do find it funny that he made fun of the names of Kingdom Hearts games when he couldn't even think of a name for his own show, so he called it "Sessler's Something"

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I found his whole playthrough hilarious even though I`m a KH fan. It`s perfectly fine if he doesn`t like the game, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Shame the fans in the comment section aren`t as understanding

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I completely understand if he doesn't like the game, and knowing it from the get go I guess I shouldn't have expected any less, but some of the stupid things he said I just didn't really find funny, as if he'd never played a game before.

"Sometimes I wish games like Kingdom Hearts and Zelda would ask you if you've ever played a game before. Yes? Lets skip you ahead 45 minutes!"
"Wait a second... Sword Shield Staff?! What is that supposed mean?!"
Really?

*Cuts to a scene of Donald in Disney Castle*
"Wait a second, what? How did we get here?"
I realize he must just be playing dumb, his life revolves around games, but I just didn't find it funny

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
"Sometimes I wish games like Kingdom Hearts and Zelda would ask you if you've ever played a game before. Yes? Lets skip you ahead 45 minutes!"

Well, to be fair there are games that ask you "would you like a tutorial" and if you say no, you move on. It should be an option in most games to skip out on tedious tutorials. In KH1 it was a bit tedious "You can even lift barrels!" Yay, but why do you need a tutorial on it?

"Wait a second... Sword Shield Staff?! What is that supposed mean?!"
Really?

It's a joke about how games often try too hard to be symbolic. Some people don't really appreciate the pomp bull some games try to pull.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well, to be fair there are games that ask you "would you like a tutorial" and if you say no, you move on. It should be an option in most games to skip out on tedious tutorials. In KH1 it was a bit tedious "You can even lift barrels!" Yay, but why do you need a tutorial on it?
Dream Drop Distance used that which was a godsend (due to the demo).
I understand his frustration with having to sit through tutorials, but for KH1 it's probably best not to skip out on it.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Wow, this is hilarious! I have never had such a good time watching someone openly, seriously dislike a game I like while sucking at it so bad.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ It's actually a miracle Sessler made it that far given his *coughwellknown* opinion of the series. lol

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
You all do know that Adam Sessler has said MANY times on X-Play that he loves Kingdom Hearts, right? His only issue with the series was the non-stop set of handheld/mobile games instead of working on KH III. I think he was doing this as a charity thing to play a game for 24 hours, I don't think he'd pick a game that he hates to play for 24 hours straight.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You all do know that Adam Sessler has said MANY times on X-Play that he loves Kingdom Hearts, right? His only issue with the series was the non-stop set of handheld/mobile games instead of working on KH III. I think he was doing this as a charity thing to play a game for 24 hours, I don't think he'd pick a game that he hates to play for 24 hours straight.

The charity challenge was "play a game you hate" and this was the game picked. A lot of what he said on X-Play was literally for show...

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Sessler.lol

It's a shame he didn't get past Destiny Island, aka the worst part of the game. I will forever hate that race with Riku.

I didn't mind it that much. I one time mustered up the patience to grind Sora to a high level by fighting Riku and Wakka (parry his blitz ball again and again for extra EXP) over and over again. Safe to say I gimped the game. And the race with Riku sucks if you actually try to race him. If I remember this right, I jumped off the ledge and just ran to the goal without dealing with any of the obstacles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back