• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Action Replay

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinany Gun

Bronze Member
I started this thread to see who has or had an action replay and how often they use it. I also started this to see what peoples opinions on using it for games are.

Personally i dislike action replay as it usually takes the challenges out of games with for example: infinite health and infinite ammo, in a 1st person shooter. If you don't use cover and health packs to stay alive then you should fail the level/mission. If you have infinite health on theres no fun or challenge in randomly gunning down both weak and powerful enemies without worry for anything. Theres no tactics involved, theres no suspense or well fought moments that you will always remember and theres no real point to playing the game at all is there? By conserving your ammo in resident evil you can determine whether you can win a fight by force or whether you have to outrun your opponent which can prove difficult in both ends. Either you play games for fun or a challenge is the way i think of them and by cheating via codes and things both elements are taken from the game don't you think?

Im sure some codes are for extra fun so i prefer to overlook them for example GTA3's flying cars cheat. It is pretty much used for say flying around to see how long you can do it and for maybe knocking over old granny's in a new way. Using it to avoid the cops on a difficult mission though is something i find wrong as it removes the difficulty and the relief of completing it. I can't say im completely against the idea of codes but i am against things like FFX's all summons code. It ruins the challenge of finding them for yourself and doing the task to try and find out how to obtain them and then the 1st time of using them in battle.

Opinions anyone and i'd prefer if you'd be civilised about your comments please.

Zophar

Machinany Gun said:
I started this thread to see who has or had an action replay and how often they use it. I also started this to see what peoples opinions on using it for games are.

Personally i dislike action replay as it usually takes the challenges out of games with for example: infinite health and infinite ammo, in a 1st person shooter. If you don't use cover and health packs to stay alive then you should fail the level/mission. If you have infinite health on theres no fun or challenge in randomly gunning down both weak and powerful enemies without worry for anything. Theres no tactics involved, theres no suspense or well fought moments that you will always remember and theres no real point to playing the game at all is there? By conserving your ammo in resident evil you can determine whether you can win a fight by force or whether you have to outrun your opponent which can prove difficult in both ends. Either you play games for fun or a challenge is the way i think of them and by cheating via codes and things both elements are taken from the game don't you think?

Im sure some codes are for extra fun so i prefer to overlook them for example GTA3's flying cars cheat. It is pretty much used for say flying around to see how long you can do it and for maybe knocking over old granny's in a new way. Using it to avoid the cops on a difficult mission though is something i find wrong as it removes the difficulty and the relief of completing it. I can't say im completely against the idea of codes but i am against things like FFX's all summons code. It ruins the challenge of finding them for yourself and doing the task to try and find out how to obtain them and then the 1st time of using them in battle.

Opinions anyone and i'd prefer if you'd be civilised about your comments please.

It's true that it does take some of the fun out of the game. But there are some cases where using a cheat device like the Action Replay does have it's advantages. For example: If I am mad or stressed out about something I will pull out my game shark along with Devil May Cry 3 and kill a bunch of demons (without having to worry about your health).

Then there are somethings that cheats can be used for that really help. For example in Xenosaga the characters move slowly so it takes awhile to get around. There is this one cheat on the Action Replay that speeds them up so you can get around faster.

.:EngetsuDrake:.

Gurren Brigade FTW!
I thinks that it is a little unnececary, tho...

Codes are someting you use AFTER you played the
game thro aleast one time...
I only uses codes in games like tony hawks or
other xtreme sports games...
But I don´t play them that much...
to easy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back