• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Action Replay/Swap Magic Question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingremnant3

Ok, so I ordered KH2:Final Mix+ and it should be arriving any day now.

I already have Swap Magic ver. 3.6 and the slide card (I know fliptops are more popular and safer, but they don't sell the ones for the fat PS2s anymore, just the slim ones).

I'm really nervous about using the slide card, because once in a while online, I see a comment about how someone broke their PS2 trying to use it.

I want to use an alternative of the slide card (one that doesn't require that I buy a new PS2), and I heard recently that Action Replay Max can play imported games, but it still requires Swap Magic.

How does that all work? Do you just use the slide card once, then after that, you can load it using Action Replay? I'm just really confused on how to play imports on Action Replay Max.

Any help would be appreciated.

M&Ms Addict

Oh my gosh, i need the exact same help, except that I have a slim line ps2 and I have no idea what I need to play KHIIFM+ (even though I already ordered the game). Can someone please take the time to explain to me what I need and the best place to get them? :confused:

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Alright well you all are in luck I have the Slide Magic for the fat ps2. first put the swap magic disc in the ps2 and make sure the little faceplate (Thing with the ps2 logo) is off. the only hard part is getting the ps2 disc drive open with the tool that they provide watch this YouTube - Slide Tool Demo
then put in the game and then reverse what you saw in the video. press "Special" press x again again and there you have it.

kingremnant3

Oh my gosh, i need the exact same help, except that I have a slim line ps2 and I have no idea what I need to play KHIIFM+ (even though I already ordered the game). Can someone please take the time to explain to me what I need and the best place to get them? :confused:

Since you have a slim ps2, you'll have to buy the fliptop along with the two Swap Magic discs (One disc is for DVD format games and the other is for Compact Disc format games). All you have to do is remove the section of the top of the PS2, and replace it with a special top that flips open so you can swap the discs. Keyblade-Masta already explained the whole disc swapping thing. Just with your PS2, you don't have to use a slide tool.

Here's the Swap Magic website: Welcome to Swap Magic 3 Official Web Site

Here's an example of where you can buy the flip top cover and discs: Swap Magic V3.6 2-Disc with Flip Top Cover For Slim PS2 (Complete Set)
I personally recommend this site, since this is where I got my swap magic stuff. Keep in mind these discs are for a U.S. PS2. If you have a European PS2, you'll have to get the PAL version.

I tried to find a guide to removing the top of the PS2, but I can't find one... I'll send a link as soon as I find it.

That's pretty much it. Sorry if I didn't explain it that well. If you have any questions, just send me a message.

Blue

home is where the heart is
What kind of Swap Magic's have you guys been using?? Mine didn't even require to take apart the PS2. It was just one CD, one DVD and three small silver tools which you insert in the PS2, there was no need to take off the cover or whatever.

C

Colours

What kind of Swap Magic's have you guys been using?? Mine didn't even require to take apart the PS2. It was just one CD, one DVD and three small silver tools which you insert in the PS2, there was no need to take off the cover or whatever.

There using an import swap magic from japan to play an import game.lmao

SuperLink

Website
www.cubed3.com
I'm planning on getting a PAL Swap Magic 3.6 for my fat PS2 with a Slide Card. I've seen vids and it doesn't look too hard, but I'd like to hear about the risks and likliness of breakage anyway. How commonly does the slide card crap up your PS2?

Anyone experienced using it? Their opinion would be mucly appreciated.

C

Colours

I'm planning on getting a PAL Swap Magic 3.6 for my fat PS2 with a Slide Card. I've seen vids and it doesn't look too hard, but I'd like to hear about the risks and likliness of breakage anyway. How commonly does the slide card crap up your PS2?

Anyone experienced using it? Their opinion would be mucly appreciated.

"Your fat PS2", great way to explain your ps2. lol :3

#1 Xemnas

#1 Sex Man
i had to take apart my ps2. my swap card didn't work. so i used a screwdriver to pry open the disk tray. that didn't work well. so now i have the screws for the lid and disk tray cover thing removed, and all i have to do, is wait for the disk to load, take off the covers, swap the disks, put the covers back on, and wait. i have to wait for some reason. if i try to do it immediately, it tells me to enter a ps1 or ps2 disk. anyone know why that is?

C

Colours

Well it's not a slim PS2 D:

I mean I call my Classic DS the fat DS. It doesn't really have a proper name anyway. XD

i had to take apart my ps2. my swap card didn't work. so i used a screwdriver to pry open the disk tray. that didn't work well. so now i have the screws for the lid and disk tray cover thing removed, and all i have to do, is wait for the disk to load, take off the covers, swap the disks, put the covers back on, and wait. i have to wait for some reason. if i try to do it immediately, it tells me to enter a ps1 or ps2 disk. anyone know why that is?

These. Doesn't matter, the topic does. Anyways you need a swap magic for your ps2, to play Final Mix:3

MrFreshPrince

Depends wether you got it for the slim one or not.
If you got the slim one. Then I can't help you.
If you got the fat one.
Go on youtube then search up ''How To Use Swapmagic For PS2''.

C

Colours

Depends wether you got it for the slim one or not.
If you got the slim one. Then I can't help you.
If you got the fat one.
Go on youtube then search up ''How To Use Swapmagic For PS2''.

That too, but I think you can use it for the slim to, its still a ps2. right.??

Ends With A Bang

I'm just wondering which Swap Magic I would need for playing the upcoming KH RE:CoM on my European PS2. I've heard that it wont play an american game without Swap Magic and I want to know what I will need to play it.
Mines a fat PS2 as well if that helps :)
Thanks

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
OK. Action Replay MAX supports out of region games and i beileve can play it without a swap magic. Swap magic does risk your PS2, but it seems more reliable.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
I'm just wondering which Swap Magic I would need for playing the upcoming KH RE:CoM on my European PS2. I've heard that it wont play an american game without Swap Magic and I want to know what I will need to play it.
Mines a fat PS2 as well if that helps :)
Thanks

You'll need a SwapMagic 3 "PAL" + a Slide Card to play it.

You have to watch out though, I've encountered and heard of problems with trying to get it to work on PAL systems.

Although I've heard of a lot of people who got it to work properly, I've also heard of some problems with it:

1. Rather big black margin at the bottom of the screen, the screen is smaller.
2. The game runs slower, but it's really not that much.
3. Sound and Audio are not in synch in normal cutscenes, with Animated sequences, like the opening, secret endings, intros, etc. the sound is completely screwed.

I've heard before that these problems only occur when you try to run it on a 60HZ incapable TV, but I can't tell for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back