• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Aced's Alliance Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
So, I've watched the trailer again for the umpteenth time and my mind is still trying to work out who Aced was asking to be in his alliance. There's the most logical theory going around that it's Ava and Gula... but a new thought came to my mind.

What if the two people Aced was asking to join his alliance was Ava and... Invi. There are two scenes that I feel tie into this possibility.

#1: The mystery surrounding why Invi and Aced were fighting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we don't exactly know why Aced and Invi fought. The player saw them fighting on the roof tops, and in the trailer, Aced insists they must go against the Master's teachings and Invi questions if he thinks the master was wrong.

Isn't it entirely possible that Aced's request to form an alliance sparked such a dispute? Especially since Invi seems set on following everything by the book, and Aced is trying to go outside of the predetermined rules.

#2: Ava chastising Invi about making things worse. I actually think this scene is linked to the first one.

If Invi and Aced start duking it out over Aced wanting to form an alliance which is against the rules and it starts a big ole fight drawing everyone's attention, it really COULD be making things worse, especially the relationship between the foretellers. Theoretically, after the meeting went sour and Invi and Aced fight, Ava could approach Invi because a fight like that could have been totally avoidable and Invi intentionally or not, stroked Aced's flames.

Muke

whatever
Awards
​Wow, nice thoughts, I support this theory!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'd like to add to the theory, I think that Aced already has a bias against who the traitor is. He believes that it's Ira. He wants to defy the Master's teachings of forming alliances in order to sieve out the traitor of the group, so, he goes to Gula and Ava initially. They both decline. Then he goes to Invi in believing that she will join his alliance. She declines and the conflict starts. I think the common pattern is that, the Forteller who vehemently declines Aced's idea, he goes to battle against them.

Ultimately, he's staying as far away from Ira as possible because of their personal differences.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
But what I'm saying is, maybe Gula wasn't the third person in that scene. Maybe it could have been Invi that he originally asks.

The evidence against this would be Aced and Gula getting into an argument later over not finding the traitor yet, but who knows if that is the same scene.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I always thought this was the most logical theory, actually.
Since the first viewing of the trailer Invi was automatically my number one suspect (also, finally something that gives meaning to this charater).
Regarding Ava and Gula... I'll be honest, I don't think Ava was chosen by Aced. I think he asked Gula (who refused), and Ava was just being the voice of reason against alliances.
Of course it could be the other way around, Ava being asked, she refused and her boyfriend Gula went to confront Aced... but I personally lean towards the other one.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Plot twist: Aced's Alliance is actually either the original Guardians of Light, or the Seekers of Darkness. I dunno, they were presented in a dream during KHx's last story cut scenes and hasn't been touched ever since.

But I like your theory. Maybe the Foretellers were going to passively address the traitor issue, but the Alliance might be what got them aggressive.

DefiantHeart

Awards
I always thought this was the most logical theory, actually.
Since the first viewing of the trailer Invi was automatically my number one suspect (also, finally something that gives meaning to this charater).
Regarding Ava and Gula... I'll be honest, I don't think Ava was chosen by Aced. I think he asked Gula (who refused), and Ava was just being the voice of reason against alliances.
Of course it could be the other way around, Ava being asked, she refused and her boyfriend Gula went to confront Aced... but I personally lean towards the other one.

Uhm, where did you get the notion that Gula was Ava's boyfriend? Could you specify the scene?

This hypothesis sounds pretty logical. ^_^

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Uhm, where did you get the notion that Gula was Ava's boyfriend? Could you specify the scene?

This hypothesis sounds pretty logical. ^_^

I think DefiantHeart is referring to how Gula said things like "Ava: always right", when you talk to him in the game.

And how Chirithy thought that if anyone would know where Ava was went when she went missing, it would be Gula (because Chirithy says that the two of them are friends).

It's also noteworthy that Gula says to "only trust himself" in the most recent trailer, and yet he still seems to think pretty highly of Ava and Chirithy, once again, calls them friends.

None of this is too big a deal (and it certainly doesn't say that they're dating), but seeing as how the other Foretellers barely even seem like they were once friends, Gula and Ava seem pretty close in comparison.

And if the Rebirth theory is true (not saying it is, and I don't think that it is, but I'm just playing devil's advocate here), then Ava is Kairi and Gula is Ven. Ventus' is probably the closest we have to a "Sora" in this theory, and we all know how Nomura loves his Sora and Kairi pairings. He shipped Sora and Kairi in 1, CoM, and 2. Sora and Naminé in CoM... arguably Roxas and Xion in Days; and arguably Roxas and Naminé in 2. Some people also think that BbS shipped Ventus and Aqua: another sky and water pairing. So I wouldn't be too surprised if Nomura meant to hint at Gula/Ava in a similar way.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Nooooo. Sons must not date motherssss

Then again, I don't care that much about ships, so ship awayyyyy

DefiantHeart

Awards
I think DefiantHeart is referring to how Gula said things like "Ava: always right", when you talk to him in the game.

And how Chirithy thought that if anyone would know where Ava was went when she went missing, it would be Gula (because Chirithy says that the two of them are friends).

It's also noteworthy that Gula says to "only trust himself" in the most recent trailer, and yet he still seems to think pretty highly of Ava and Chirithy, once again, calls them friends.

None of this is too big a deal (and it certainly doesn't say that they're dating), but seeing as how the other Foretellers barely even seem like they were once friends, Gula and Ava seem pretty close in comparison.

And if the Rebirth theory is true (not saying it is, and I don't think that it is, but I'm just playing devil's advocate here), then Ava is Kairi and Gula is Ven. Ventus' is probably the closest we have to a "Sora" in this theory, and we all know how Nomura loves his Sora and Kairi pairings. He shipped Sora and Kairi in 1, CoM, and 2. Sora and Naminé in CoM... arguably Roxas and Xion in Days; and arguably Roxas and Naminé in 2. Some people also think that BbS shipped Ventus and Aqua: another sky and water pairing. So I wouldn't be too surprised if Nomura meant to hint at Gula/Ava in a similar way.

I'm really just saying did they specify this in a scene, or are people just assuming this... it's pretty new to me. XD

Idk about ships honestly, lol... I think it's really just wishful thinking until it's specifically accepted or denied. To me, all those pairings were just friends caring about friends. ^_^

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Except that Nomura doesn't ship anything because he personally doesn't give a rat's ass about shipping.

---

Things like these are exactly what I don't like about the whole shipping mess in general.
Just because Gula and Ava are implied to be somewhat closer and friends and just happen to be of the opposite sex they have to be together in a romantic way!?

So, as to answer DefiantHeart's question: No, that wasn't specified nor confirmed in any form anywhere, it's just shipper's wishful thinking and the usual "people of the opposite sex can't be just friends"-thought chain at work.

---

To get back to topic though:

This theory certainly has some merit as from how I observed Aced at first might have even tried to form an alliance with all Foretellers except the one he suspects to be the traitor.
He's apparently a quite stubborn and hot-headed person who, once his mind is made up, cannot be dissuaded from his convictions even if they are shaky at best.

We know from the final update of Browser-Chi that Gula was investigating into both the traitor and the Lost page of the Book of Prophecies and in the newest trailer of Back Cover Aced is somehow angry and states to Gula that "we" have not found the traitor yet. This could indicate that Aced IS already working together with someone, perhaps he and Gula even started investigating together but something went sour between them, causing Aced to get angry at Gula while the latter resigns to "trust only himself".

Luxu was the one who stole the lost page, so why does Gula know about it? Maybe he actually got it from Luxu and in the same vein, by associating with him, Luxu planted doubts in Gula's mind about Aced causing them to eventually break apart, possibly by Gula hiding things he found out from Aced (and of course hiding that he associated with Luxu).

In response, Aced decided that Gula is no longer trustworthy/incapable of truly helping to weed out the traitor and thus to tries and get both Ava and Invi on his side, leading to the chain of events the theory speaks about.

What is also noteworthy is that in the second Back Cover trailer during the Foreteller meeting when Aced chews Ira out, it is Invi who breaks up the argument, but by calling out only Aced.

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
(Ok, wow, that created an entire argument xD
I was using "boyfriend" ironically, imagining Gula as the classic friend-zoned guy drawn into the research for his feelings from Ava.
It was meant to be a joke, but being still half sleepy I didn't specify... my bad ^^')

And to link this back to the topic, we also see Gula kind of stalking Ava in the trailer... did their own secret alliance broke up too?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think they were technically in allegiance with each other, so there was nothing to break. It does seem like they might have disagreed on something (which is why Gula mentions 'She's always right'), but in the end, there doesn't appear to be any malice between them. Not like there is between some of the other foretellers.

I am still trying to work out how the Gula and Aced situation fits into this too. It's possible that that moment where Aced grabs Gula and shakes him leads to Gula retaliating to protect himself, hence the following scene where Gula insists that Aced stay down, and then next we see Gula collapse to the floor.

It is why I think it might actually be Invi and Ava that Aced spoke to because Ava was not in the scene where Aced and Gula conflict, but she is there with him in a different scene with an unknown 3rd person

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think they were technically in allegiance with each other, so there was nothing to break. It does seem like they might have disagreed on something (which is why Gula mentions 'She's always right'), but in the end, there doesn't appear to be any malice between them. Not like there is between some of the other foretellers.

I am still trying to work out how the Gula and Aced situation fits into this too. It's possible that that moment where Aced grabs Gula and shakes him leads to Gula retaliating to protect himself, hence the following scene where Gula insists that Aced stay down, and then next we see Gula collapse to the floor.

It is why I think it might actually be Invi and Ava that Aced spoke to because Ava was not in the scene where Aced and Gula conflict, but she is there with him in a different scene with an unknown 3rd person

I just meant that as themn working together on discovering the truth, couldn't find another word on the spot.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I mean… we do see Ava walking up to that… place. (the scenes probably play in the same) Like, what if she enters, some stuff happens, then Aced goes like: "You, Invi/whoever and I are one of the strongest Foretellers" or some shit, "I want the three of us to form an alliance", then Ava says: "But alliances are forbidden, Aced!"

What I want to say is, the third person doesn't really need to be there

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The scenery is the same, but I hope it doesn't happen in the same situation. That'd be weird.
"Oh my god, Aced, what did you do to Gula D:"
"I WANNA FORM AN ALLIANCE."
"Why did you do thi-?!"
"ALLIANCE!!!!"

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I mean… we do see Ava walking up to that… place. (the scenes probably play in the same) Like, what if she enters, some stuff happens, then Aced goes like: "You, Invi/whoever and I are one of the strongest Foretellers" or some shit, "I want the three of us to form an alliance", then Ava says: "But alliances are forbidden, Aced!"

What I want to say is, the third person doesn't really need to be there

That's what I meant, her being against that could mean a lot of things.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The scenery is the same, but I hope it doesn't happen in the same situation. That'd be weird.
"Oh my god, Aced, what did you do to Gula D:"
"I WANNA FORM AN ALLIANCE."
"Why did you do thi-?!"
"ALLIANCE!!!!"

Pfft, lol. That aside, I can imagine though the situations unfolding after one another as well as on different days/hours.
The location though seems be that "warehouse" or whatever it is which I think was once stated to be Gula's preferred residence/hideout as if I recall correctly it was stated somewhere (possibly by NPC normal wielders talking) that Gula rarely ventures to the Foreteller's Castle and prefers dwelling in that "warehouse".

Which means that either Gula is a part of the meeting or that he is for some reason absent as in one scene of the trailer he's also seen "hiding" somewhere in a back alley or something.
It may be truly just Aced and Ava talking and as we see throughout the story of X Aced seems to get more and more unhinged and aggressive the more time passes so maybe the scenes are actually reversed. We do not know if the situation when Ava sees Gula falling unconscious before Aced is the only time she visits the place. It is possible that Ava actually meets with Gula to exchange information with him (even if they aren't truly "allied" per se) and Gula gave Skuld & co. the information that Ava is searching for Luxu, maybe he got that info from Ava herself.

It's thus also possible that one time when Ava wants to visit Gula she runs into Aced instead who is himself looking to catch a hold of the Leopard (either to also offer an alliance to him or, if we assume Gula and Aced investigate the traitor together at first, to exchange information with Gula).
As Ava and Gula are supposedly close I'd say she would greet him in a friendly, personal manner, only to see that Gula's isn't there but Aced.
Aced explains some things and eventually he offers an alliance to her as well, assuming she and Gula already have one but she declines and counters with the "alliances are forbidden"-thing. Realizing Ava is also unreliable and sticking to the "teachings of the master" as well as "conspiring" with Gula Aced gets angry and the next time he gets a hold of Gula he chews him out for working with Ava behind his back, angrily reminding him that "We haven't even found the traitor yet."
In that context, he could actually imply that Ava might be the traitor as well and Gula is endangering everything by associating with her.
Of course, that could be used as a good starting point to make Gula believe Aced is trying to sow discord between him and Ava, leading to a belief that despite outwardly working so hard to unveil the trairor he might be the traitor leading Gula not only to adopt the mindset of "trusting only myself" but also to following "the wrong clues" which he admitted to Skuld in the last update of browser-chi.
Following all this I'd assume that would be the point when Aced approaches Invi. We see him often bicker and at odds with Ira and upset/somewhat rough towards Gula, but he never outright attacks one of them with his weapon and escalates it into a full blown fight (in the scene with Gula the Leopard has his Keyblade out first).
So why goes he all out and nearly "batshit" on Invi then? Because he's already heavily frustated and upset over how the other three (two if he never even considers Ira to begin with) Foretellers behave towards his proposals.
We do not know much yet about Invi, but there's one scene of her standing out in the second Back Cover-trailer where Aced and Ira are arguing. Invi breaks up the argument, but not as a neutral mediator/party but by verbally chewing out Aced, essentially taking side with Ira.

If there's anything we can say about Aced for sure yet is that he seems very straightforward and on top hot-blooded, thus can be agitated/provoked easily. Invi on the other hand seems to have a calm, but non-chalant "right to the point"-attitude who wil say what she wants without sugarcoating it in any way, so her, like the theory of OP states, possibly even inadvertently provoking Aced into attacking and starting a fight making the entire overall situation worse is definitely a plausible possibility and Ava calling Invi out on it would also fit into the scenario, even more so when she already experienced beforehand how Aced flipped out on Gula (which unlike the battle with Invi wasn't visible to the whole town).

Going back to that "alliances are forbidden"-thing though, I personally think this is incredibly stupid as a rule and reeks of deliberate manipulation.
It was told to us once that the Foretellers created the competing unions because they couldn't agree on the most effective way to combat the shared threat, but this makes it look like they are deliberately set up to clash and have their relationships destroyed...and except Aced they're apparently all too stupid to realize it.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Going back to that "alliances are forbidden"-thing though, I personally think this is incredibly stupid as a rule and reeks of deliberate manipulation.
It was told to us once that the Foretellers created the competing unions because they couldn't agree on the most effective way to combat the shared threat, but this makes it look like they are deliberately set up to clash and have their relationships destroyed...and except Aced they're apparently all too stupid to realize it.

They are. That's why learning MoM could've been setting them up all along wasn't that big of a revelation to me.
I think (at least the general idea) is that they're the Eraqus of this scenario, wanting to do good but blinded by duties and dogmas.

They're also... what, Terra and Aqua's age? And they're already Masters with legions and unfathomable powers under their command, no wonder they screwed up big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back