• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ace Attorney - 15th Anniversary!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
A parody of a famous character fits the AA verse better than the genuine article anyway.
I was gonna come in to say this. Herlock Sholmes fits the AA universe naming convention.

Other than that, I'm glad that we're finally getting these games. one of the good aspects of these titles is that they're directly worked by Shu Takumi, Ace Attorney's former Director (he left after Apollo Justice).

KudoTsurugi

Awards
True, it does fit with the idea of Japanifornia in the Western release, but if they kept Holmes’ name as is, I personally think it’d be a nice throw back to this line.

0F8E9C03-1F86-42CE-A784-DE4F79BBE787.jpg

Also the fact that the murder victim in Great Ace Attorney’s first case is John Watson. Unless they rename him too, it’s a missed opportunity. But we’ll see how it goes if/when the game comes out.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Really hoping we do get the Great Ace Attorney games here in the west, that would be awesome! I'd given up hope on those like I had Yakuza Kenzan and Yakuza Ishin.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I promise y'all it's coming to the west (that rating for the game for Switch / PS4 👀) and Sherlock Holmes name is changed

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Max

Staff member
Awards
Herlock Sholmes is officially what I'll call anything related to Sherlock Holmes from now on.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Really hoping we do get the Great Ace Attorney games here in the west, that would be awesome! I'd given up hope on those lile I had Yakuza Kenzan and Yakuza Ishin.
It's imminent. What I wonder is if they'll make a physical run or funs will have to buy the Japanese version that could come with English writing/voice.

Max

Staff member
Awards
It's imminent. What I wonder is if they'll make a physical run or funs will have to buy the Japanese version that could come with English writing/voice.
I also wonder that. Since the HD Trilogy got stuck with digital only here in the west, I feel like there's a chance the same could definitely happen with these. I'll hold out hope for physical, but if push comes to shove I'll live with digital.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Physical on Switch in North America. Digital for PS4 / elsewhere.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I promise y'all it's coming to the west (that rating for the game for Switch / PS4 👀) and Sherlock Holmes name is changed

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Well, assuming that screenshot is legit, I’m disappointed. Not surprised with the name change, just disappointed. I guess this means John Watson will be Wayne Jottson or something like that now?

Iris will probably have to have her name changed too, since there’s already a character with that first name in the AA series. That, I can understand. Though the only thing that’d make Sherlock’s name change even more ridiculous is if the estate of Maurice LeBlanc decided to come and claim that name too. Probably not going to happen, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it did.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Forgot to post this in here.

There's an official concert happening this weekend. It's a Japanese live stream but the English Capcom account has promoted it WITH the hashtag #TheGreatAceAttorney

It's happening folks. Years of waiting and waiting for this game will soon be over!!

KudoTsurugi

Awards
We have our trailer. And.. it is indeed Herlock Sholmes😑 And Iris Watson is now Iris Wilson. While I really don’t like the name change, I get why they did it. Doesn’t mean I like it, but I get it. Though I am glad they kept the Japanese characters’ names intact. Maybe this’ll help marry the Japaniforia aspect of the original series English localisation with its Japanese roots.

We also have a message from Shu Takumi:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
We have our trailer. And.. it is indeed Herlock Sholmes😑 And Iris Watson is now Iris Wilson. While I really don’t like the name change, I get why they did it. Doesn’t mean I like it, but I get it. Though I am glad they kept the Japanese characters’ names intact. Maybe this’ll help marry the Japaniforia aspect of the original series English localisation with its Japanese roots.

We also have a message from Shu Takumi:
The best news of the day!

Max

Staff member
Awards
This and Neo Twewy both come out about a week before my wedding. I want to buy both, but certainly don't think I'll have time for both :/ We'll see.

Anyway, this is super hype though, and a physical Switch release in North America! Hell yeah!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
This and Neo Twewy both come out about a week before my wedding. I want to buy both, but certainly don't think I'll have time for both :/ We'll see.

Anyway, this is super hype though, and a physical Switch release in North America! Hell yeah!
Honeymoons are overrated anyway ;)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Pre-orders went up digitally yesterday. Probably the fastest I've ever done a digital pre-order. Only $60, which is a great price for two games.

Back