• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ace Attorney - 15th Anniversary!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Re: Ace Attorney Series Discussion

What??? Perfect Prosecutor? EdgeWorth? I wonder his story takes place in the past or in the future. I will miss playing as ole Phoenix, but I suppose he can still appear as an important character. Playing Edgeworth as defense in the third game was strange and interesting at the same time.lol Well, can't wait to fire up those objections! But Edgeworth still looks fairly young, the game might take place in the not so distant past...

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

I don't know if this is a credible source or not, but a site called Nintendo World Report says that Turnabout Prosecutor has been confirmed.

Nintendo World Report - News Article: Ace Attorney: Prosecutor Edition Confirmed

I've checked some of other sites, and nothing they say is going against it.

People, you may begin celebrating.

Edit:This new control scheme sounds interesting. I have no idea how much of a difference it'll make though.

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!

i still need more sources to believe it
well, if this really comes out then the PW series will continue for hell many years (like final fantasy)

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!

ah finally, now i can rest in peace

how long will it take for them to finish making the game? (1 year for the japanese and 2 years for the english)

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

ah finally, now i can rest in peace

And the world breaths a sigh of relief, knowing that your mind has been put to rest! :/

how long will it take for them to finish making the game? (1 year for the japanese and 2 years for the english)

All the english version is is a translated version of the japanese version coded for a different region of the world. I doubt it would take an entire year to translate and code it. Plus, it looks like it's been in production for a while now. I'm going to guesstimate that we'll be seeing it state side sometime in very late 2008 or early 2009. A year from now, at the latest.

Dragonstar1715

Website
dragonstar1715.deviantart.com

Well since the DS is region free, most people don't wait for the UK release, they just import it from the US. That's what I did anyway :p but anyway, shouldn't take a long time to translate it, maybe 3-6 months? I don't know how fast they can translate but I'm guessing somewhere in that timeframe

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net

It'll probably take about as long as it took to translate Apollo Justice. If they start early, however, I can expect that we'll see it around the same time as the Japanese get it.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

This Just In: New Scans of Nintendo Dream's article on Gyakuten Kenji(Turnabout/Perfect Prosecutor), screenshots of a new character and crime location, and the official Japanese announcement/trailer.

Official Art

http://www.court-records.net/screenshot/kenji/mysterygirl.jpg

http://www.court-records.net/screenshot/kenji/waterpark.jpg

YouTube - Gyakuten Kenji Trailer (sneak)

Most of it is pretty pointless if you can't read/understand Japanese, but relavent and interesting never the less. And of course, any translation of the articles would be much appreciated.

Edit: One other link I found. It has some images relavent to Gyakuten Kenji. It's a Japanese site though.

ゲストに南明奈『逆転検事』の情報も!「逆転裁判 オーケストラ」取材/ゲーム情報ポータル:ジーパラドットコム

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!

*looks at the water park picture*
lol the blue badger is still there

afrobutt

Silver Member

wow, I like the new 3rd person perspective thing. I was wondering how that was gonna work :huh:

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

wow, I like the new 3rd person perspective thing. I was wondering how that was gonna work :huh:

I'm guessing either with the thumb pad or you just drag the stylus in whatever direction you want Edgeworth to go.

I wonder if they're going to change anything in the courtroom segments.

afrobutt

Silver Member

I wonder if they're going to change anything in the courtroom segments.

Eh, I think it'll basically be the same. You'll call in witnesses (as if we didn't have to do that as an Attorney, but oh well). Instead of Cross-Examining the Witness, u'll do the same thing with the Defence. Although, I think it'll be weird being in the head of someone who isn't freaking out at every turn (I.E Pheonix and Apollo)

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!

this one might be a lot different than the others
playing as the prosecutor is like playing another game

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

Don't be so sure about the freaking out thing. They could very well be setting Edgey up against the Victor Von Karma of the Defense Attorney set in this game.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice

I'm thinking about getting into the series, and I want to know somethings:

1. How is gameplay structured?

2. How long does it take to complete a case?

I hope they make a whole Turnabout Prosecutor series, I'm much more attracted to throwing people in jail, not keeping them out of it, to be honest.

afrobutt

Silver Member

I'm thinking about getting into the series, and I want to know somethings:

1. How is gameplay structured?

Case > Investigation > Case > Investigation

I'm sure someone can explain it better then that xD

2. How long does it take to complete a case?

If you obsess over it, ranging from 20 min.- 2 hours.

It's worth it, seriously

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

This just in: The translated Famitsu article that introduced Gyakutan Kenji/Turnabout Prosecutor.

Gyakuten Kenji Interview

The basic timeline for the game is gonna be around the same time as T&T/PW3. No mention of a release date, Japanese or otherwise. Will report with more details as they develope.

Back