• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Above, Below, and Between ~ Chapter One - Crisis

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KHFanatic4565

Oblivion Angel
(I said I would join this. Keep in mind that I'm using a character that the lot of you have never seen before, but with her own mysteries. Another note is that she is tied to a certain character of mine, hence the biography.)

Name: Gena

Appearence: At 5 feet, 7 inches, she is of average height for her gender. With brown hair/matching brown eyes, she is not a looker by any means. Her bland peasant clothing serves to point this out further. Later on, she may gain her own clothing. (Short/simple, as it should be for this character.)

Personality: She acts as any ordinary serf would. Subservient in manner/speech, she is nothing to behold in the 1st impression, but looking at the eyes, a different picture is painted. This picture shows that there is something within her that once knew freedom, but she is oblivious to this. Other than the subservience that is exhibited, she does have a rugged personality once you get her to stop calling you m'lord/standing in awe over every movement that you make. Not of the aristocratic lady, she does not do well in court of any kind, as she begins to uncontrollably sob at all of the rulers in sight.

Biography: Born within the Kingdom of Goliath, she had what would be considered a normal childhood: learning the skills that would be necessary to gain a husband from her mother. She would not even be mentioned if not for her father, who was the greatest warrior of the peasant class to ever battle for the Kingdom. He is considered a hero of the Kingdom to the poor, whom he found his wife, & fell in love. The feeling was mutual/they married, concieving their daughter, Gena. 5 years later, her mother gave birth to her brother, Han. For the 1st ten years of her life, she was a cheerful little girl who was rowdy with the other boys.

Living within the confines of an inn that her father had opened when he 1st arrived at the frontier town of Cairn, she would use one of the hills as a childhood home away from home. Sometimes, she would initiate jokes upon the boys who believed she was unworthy to play with them, for not all of them loved the thought of a girl playing with them. She would grow, until she became 15 years old, when the life-changing event took place within the Tavern.

Even when a young child, she assisited her father in anyway possible with the Tavern. By the age of 15, she was a waitress, still with the zest of life that highlighted her earlier years. One day, a few rowdy men entered the tavern wanting a drink, preferrably ale. After getting ale for them/doing her job, they asked her to stay with them awhile. After a few drinks, their comments were of a lewd nature, sexually harassing her in front of her father, unknowing who he was. Despite his age, & with a little help from Han, threw them out. Later, while Gena was fetching the carpenter, the very same men ganged up/kidnapped her.

She remembers nothing of that time with the bandits. All she is able to remember is the wind blowing at the speed of a hurricane/screams of agony. Then a slight breeze blows by/then a chilly touch. After this, she knows nothing of the time of her kidnapping. It would take 2 years before she was once more home. Found at the gates of the city, completely beaten to the edge of her life. After treating her, the doctor allowed a period of rest.

The rest is history. She awoke with the personality described above, &, for 6 years, hasn't returned to her old self, & may never will. Another strange trait is her unprecedented mastery of the bow. Now, her father has been given the letter from Goliath. The change of environment has left her distraught/lethargic. Now, she will become involved in this journey to save the Kingdoms.

Last edited:

Bear

Ouranophobic
Alright. Only a few more people, now. Your template is fine LimitLess - all but one thing: his age. I don't see a column for it. I don't really have a problem with it, but it's just, it wasn't mentioned in the biography either. So, just edit that in, and you'll be set. Thanks.

As for KHFanatic, I await your full template. Your literacy seems fine now, so I'll go ahead and accept you now. ;] ( LL of course, is accepted as well. )

Last edited:

Ristar

A compelling story.

Name : Matteo Visseti

Alias/Nickname: Teo

Appearance

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Complexion: Rough and tanned

Height/Weight: 6 foot, 1 inch and 170 pounds

Armament/Defensive Equipment: Teo does not rely on one specific blade. His style of fighting relies heavily on the ability to have the blade he needs at the time he needs it. The speed at which he obtains the blade is crucial as well, this is reflected in his equipment.

Quick release sheath: The sheaths of all of Teo's weapons are personally modified by him to draw in a split second when drawn at a certain angle. This is done using modification of the sheath and addition of a metal cradle to the top of it. This sheath is used for all of his blades with the exception of his rapier.

A network of straps and belts connect the weapons he wears for easy access. These blades are:

Long Sword, worn over the left shoulder. Two daggers, sheathed at the small of his back. Two kukris, worn on his thighs. A rapier, on his left hip. A long knife, hand and a half, on his right hip. A stiletto blade in wrist sheathes on his forearm, these come into play mostly when he is wearing long sleeves. Another hand and a half long knife strapped to his upper right arm. Lastly, a catch in his boot will release a knife in the toe. This is his default armament, any encounters he may know about in advance, he may modify his equipment accordingly.

Casual Attire: Out of any sort of battle he wears a black silk shirt, v-necked. He wears tapering multi pocketed pants and just his two daggers, strapped under his loose fitting shirt. If allowed, he will also wear his rapier around his waist.

Battle Attire: Under the network of straps that allow him to have all of his blades, he wears simple leather armor and leather greaves. He also wears light boots with the knife catch built in to them. All of this allows him quick maneuverability at the cost of heavier armor.

Physical Attributes: Teo is a handsome man, with close cropped dark hair and striking features. His nose is a tad hawk like, but it adds a sense of purpose overall to his face. His skin is tanned and he is rarely shaven, though chooses not to grow a beard out. He has hawkish grey eyes, ever watching, ever searching. His body tone is lean from years of living a hard life as both a merc and off the land, and his muscles are well toned, giving the impression of competence, regardless of activity. He bears numerous scars on his torso as well.

Personality: A well spoken man, but silent. Polite, but completely assured.

Biography: Orphaned when he was a very young child, Matteo never really felt a connection to his foster parents. He was raised in Ammecrine by a middle aged couple with children of their own. They were providers enough, but Matteo found himself wanting when it came to parental figures in his life. This created a vacuum of a support system that Matteo filled with his own personal expectations. They were exceptionally high. At the age of 12 he was apprenticed to a farm, by the age of 16 he had enough money and felt he had obtained enough experience to enter the world. Had it not been for his driving himself on, he would have never made it.

From the age of 16 until the age of 19, Matteo traveled and studied under anyone who would teach him anything about fighting or the blade. While a quick learner, Matteo never stayed in one place long. Thus, at the end of three years, was a jack of all trades when it came to fighting, adept of most, master of none. His fighting style is an amalgam, relying mostly on speed and the ability to switch weapons on the fly. This fighting style he honed over the next two years, working mostly as a freelance mercenary in the Ammecrine countryside. It was at this point, he developed his quick draw sheath, causing him to earn the name Teo, the bladeslinger.

In the past year, he has spent all of his time in the wilderness, away from the growing darkness and desperation he sensed in human society. Then the day came when a messenger bird arrived and brought him a letter.

You are the hope of Aumicelia. You will save her, you and the others. Come to Goliath, and I shall explain it to you.

Teo sighed, groaned, and stood. He would depart in the morning.

((OOC: The bio and personality are short, but the personality is skeletal because I don't know how the guy will act yet, and the bio was about all I could come up with at this hour.))

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Wow Ive been out of RPing for so long I forgot one of the most important assets lol. So sorry.

Bear

Ouranophobic
LL, it's fine. xD I've actually done that quite a few times myself. Ristar - Don't worry about it. The reason I really do templates is to get a glimpse of your character, and the biography is for me to know if you're literate or not, pretty much. You are, so you're accepted. I'll be nagging a few people on that list to post today, but this won't start until tomorrow. I don't have a set time, but it will be around the evening area. ( I'm west coast; evening for me is 6:00PM EST. )

Masquerade

Where's battlecry? :(
Website
www.facebook.com
BA, I feel need to be lazy as Archetype has posted. I'd like to use a pre-made character, without the god crap ect... It's just these next two weeks are finals hur in NJz.

Zearth

Ashy to Classy
((This post will be editted when I get back from school. The only reason I haven't posted it by now was because of a History report that I was cramming =/. I'm using my underdeveloped main chara in this, so hopefully this RP will give him a chance to grow.))

Name: Arc'Ciel Noir

Alias: "Arc of The Black Sky"

Homeworld: Faible

Race: Human/Elf Hybrid

Appearance:

Physical:

Arc has the common qualities found in elves, which are the pointy ears. His facial and body features include intense, jet black eyes, and a toned, muscular frame from years of training. He stands at an impressive height for his race, totaling at an amazing 6"3. One of his most unusal character traits, however, is his short, dark violet hair. It is hardly noticeable, but he is one of the few elven males born with this hair color. His complexion is a pale white from the two years he spent studying under the Magi in The Dark Realm.

Attire:
Upon his head, he wears his Zoran Helm, a navy blue helm made by the quatic race of Zora. It is highly durable, and covers his lower mouth, making only his eyes visible. He wears a dark grey breastplate, and underneath Arc is clothed in a black tunic, with a veil of chainmail coating his body underneath that. Beneath he wears a white, thin cloth that extends to his legs, acting as an archaic body-suit of sorts. He dones a brown leather belt, and is equipped with matching guantlets on both of his arms, each of which bear symbols engraved in them. He has black, fingerless gloves, and black, durable boots. And last but not least, he bears a silver earring on his left and right ear.

Personality: Arc's personality can be summed up in a few words. He is serious and to the point, and rarely takes the time for leisurely activities. He has been this way for as long as he can remember. He believes his time is better spent training with his sword in seclusion, or reading ancient tomes of sorcery. But don't let his nature fool you. Being a former templar and a knight of Faible, he is quite a humble person, and loyal to his comrades til the very end. There are few things in existence that caan keep Arc'Ciel

Weapon/s

Melee:

Giant's Knife- Normally, this blade is a two-handed sword, but years of training has allowed Arc to swing it using only one hand. The blade is a simmering silver, with a thin, purpule base. Its hilt is made of brown leather, and at its tip a sharp, purple crystal is imbetted. The blade's base, where the blade meets the hilt, the crest of the Gorons shines brightly. Argueably Arc's most powerful blade, this sword his slain many.

Long Range:

Sheild: Magi's Mirror

History:

Last edited:

Jace

Is it alright if i join?

My template

Name:Jace

Race: Chronos(humanoid being that have evolved from humans. Physical and mental capabilites far outway that of and ordinary human.Main differences between the species is that chronos have the wings of an angel, and have a livespan that is longer than even elves. The chronos also have the inate ability to heal themselves. It is a rapid regeneration triggered with the beings spiritual energy)

Weapons/Armor:
Weapon:Jace has a two handed sword named Arcana, It is about three feet longer than a claymore and three feet wide. its thickness is one or two feet thick. Inscriptions run up the blade. These icscriptions have a magical property that grants the weapon invulnerability, and extreme lightness.

Armor:Jace inherited an armor made of a legendary material know as Ivory white diamond orichalcum.
It allows the armor to be light as well as protect him from many different types of attacks.The helmet is infused with magic allowing him to see in all directions. Its shaped like the armor Seu wears off of the manga !BLAME!

Abilities
Zantetsuken- an impossibly fast cut that can render even hardened magite in half.

Battle Precognition-Jace can see his opponents moves before they execute them allowing him to block easier.

Crescent Blade Arts- a series of offensive and defensive attacks. Here are the ones Jace can use. He can wangetsukire and omoiwangetsukire without saying the name.

Issenkire-One thousand crescent energy slashes that can be unleashed at once.

Wangetsukire- The most basic form of the crescent blade. Spirit energy is used to unsheash a crescent like energy slash capable of cutting most things in half.

Omoiwangetsukire-A stronger version fo the wangetsukire. A bigger energy slash that can cut almost everything in two.

Andoutowarakasshayuikire- A mele slash so powerfull it cannot be blocked by any normal object. If blocked opponent can very well be knocked uncounsious by the sheer magnitude of the force. specializes in breaking opponents defenses

seishou shi-rudo- a defensive shield that allows Jace to regenerate any major injuries. Cant be entered or destroyed by normal means.(you must pull off a powerfull attack to destroy it.) Unaffected by magic because its an energy shield.

Kyouretsusumiyaka-Jace uses his kinetic and spirutual energy along with his armors concrescent energy to move 50 times faster. Can be used with Zantetsuken and Andoutowarakasshayuikire to cut through even the space time fabric. Eliminates dodging by teleporting since it can cut through dimensions and is very very fast

Omnis Terminus-The forbidden power of the arts, Jace uses all of his spirit energy to fuse with his armor causing a tremendous force increase.His armor turns pitch black with demonic qualities enfusing all of his attacks with powerfull dark magic.Allows Jace to use his final ultimate attack Kurohitsugi.

Ultimate Attacks
Shenma Seu Sen-Jaces ultmiate attack Shoots a Massive beam of light. It can be redirected despite its size,takes time to charge

Kurohistugi-Jace Summons a black sarcophagus around him and his opponents chocking of all of any sense someone can have. The black sarcophagus is a universe in its own space and time, it can be esaped only by the destruction of Jace or if he runs out of energy.

Magic:Jace was born unable to use any form of magic even with the help of magite. but, he is able to make up for it using the immense spiritual energy he has had since birth.

Appearance Jace always carries his sword and wears his white armor over his wings. A red cape flows at his back with torn edges.He hardly ever takes it off only to eat sleep and bathe. Its very well ventilated despite its size and has protected jace for many years.

Personality-Jace is the wise and protective type. He values most forms of life, and despises all of its dark forms. He is also one that hates to retreat or to give up, even if the odds are impossible

Bio-Jace was born in one of the deepest parts of the green abysmal. His home town named azraebel is an ancient city made of stone, hidden in the leaves of the oldest tree of the forest. Jace grew up in this ancient city learning the ways of the world, and the life that was in it. at 376 years Jace became azraebels most fearsome warrior, far more skilled than that of his elders. He had also shown that he had potential of having more spirtual energy than the 75 century old elders. Jace trained and honed his skills developing his own fighting style which he named the crescent blade arts. When he reached the age of 545 years Jace left his ancient city to learn more about the real world, directly disobeying the cities most important rule of no contact with the outside world. Jace traveled far and wide hiding his wings and his powers from the other races, while at the same time learning from them and making friends. He crafted a powerfull armor with the help of the elves. And mastered a ferocios blade with the help of many masters from different races.

One day Jace recieved a letter saying that Aumucelia needed his help. It told him to depart to the city of Goliath and speak with the king. Jace interested that this could be an opporitunity to show of his skills departed immediatly to the city of goliath.

Last edited:

Bear

Ouranophobic
Breakdown - That's fine. I'm assuming you mean, a premade character by you? Or, Malcolm, the brother? If it's the prior, go ahead and post it. As long as you don't use the abilities; that's my main concern.

Black Priest - No problem. Excuses aren't necessary; I understand how it is. Sometimes you have time, other times you don't. Can't get around it. ;] Try to finish up your history by today, eh?

Jace - You're accepted ( Along with Black Priest and Breakdown ). However, you need to put in your biography when you can. It's only a two paragraph minimum, btw. ;]

Blackmage - That's perfectly fine. Go ahead and post your template.

( Note : If a few people haven't finished their bio's by tonight, I might not kick this off until tomorrow. I'd like everyone to be ready. However, it may be starting tonight, so... yeah. Anyone who wishes to join after we have started, go ahead and post your template. Don't post asking if you can post your template.. just post it. xD Or, if you choose to, you may Private Message me your temp, and I will put it in one of my posts, then you can start participating. I don't see why you would do this, but, whatever you want. )

BlackmageAp

Awards
Name : Jon Kiylu (KEY-LU)

Race: Human/Fox (explained in bio)

Appearance : A boyish face covers the head of this young man. His long red hair often ruffles down his face, and trails to the middle of his back. His brown eyes are quite light, and seem to hide another world completely within their pupils. Whiskers grow from his cheeks, which are sensitive to him. On top of his red hair, two pointy ears stick out, twitching every now and then.
He wears a huge cloak that makes him look like a green bell when zipped up, which it often is. When opened, it reveals many bulges in it, which are pockets with bottles of magist and magite. His shirt is a simple white tee, along with brown leather hide pants. His feet resemble paws when not covered by a very small cloth.

Weapon: A small knife is the only thing he use for close ranged combat. The only other thing he uses is magite and small bottles full of magist. He will pour the magist chemicals on certain objects, including his knife at times with temporary effects, but only small ones.

Personality : Jon is serious when there is work to be done, which of course, normally means he's always quite serious. He believes that the world needs to be rid of people with nothing but greed in their hearts, or minds that do not think straight. He is often straight forward about what his is thinking, and will not back down from contradictions to his own thinking. However, he is one to often try to avoid conflict whenever he feels that he is able, but will fight when necessary. Occasionally, he will stop to give a smile to children, who he believes are the hope of the future. He has meet very few adults who have any redeeming qualities in them.

Biography : As a child, Jon was human. He had human parents, a human sister, and a few human friends in a small village in Lekiah. So small in fact, it only consisted of 20 homes at the times. So who was there to notice when an elven bandit came by to rob this village of everything they owned, including their lives? Unfortunately at Jon's young age of 14, no one. It all happened in a simple matter of hours, due to the effects of magics. Houses were burned, frozen, and some denigrated into fine powders. Crops were turned into beasts that devoured meat in order to survive. The people of that small village......were used as that source of food.
After destroying the town, the elf gathered everyone in a line, promising false guarantees that they would all live should they follow all of his orders. His first order, was to enjoy their new life. He pulled several magites from his pockets, a touch of bloodlust in his eyes, and began to use them to turn the villagers into animals. As he did so, he'd throw them to the plants creatures, smiling widely as each one was devoured more gruesomely then the last. Jon was the last to be chosen. As the elf aimed the power of the magite at him, Jon noticed a crack in the magite. He watched in horror as the magite exploded with power.
Jon opened his eyes after the explosion, surprised that he was still alive. He looked forward to where the elf had stood, only to see a mangled foxish elvish, thing on the ground. It twitched and squirmed, and made a noise that slightly resembled laughter. Jon growled in anger, never realizing his new features until after he had thrown the thing to the plants and heard the wretched scream that he had longed for.
Since that time, Jon has roamed the kingdoms, in search of acceptance. Surprisingly, he has not been shunned much, and has helped many out many in need of his assistance. Recently, he lived in a small home in Nordanis, where he'd decided to temporarily settle down.

Fighting Style: Jon is quick on his feet since his transformation, and can deal many quick attacks. Unfortunately, this seems to have effected his skin, and how easily it bruises, therefore, he can hardly afford to get hit. As mentioned before, his speed is his avoidance of this downside. He also throws bottles of certain liquids of magists, which have different effects on people. In other words, he's like an alchemist.

OOC: Hope this is okay, sorry it took so long.

Last edited:

Stryfe

Note: The following was specifically asked for me to do. No one else should play a main character.

~~~~
Name: Malcolm Oraan Ammecrine ( Pronounced –AM-UH-KRINN- )

Nicknames/Alias’: Just goes by Malcolm

Ethnicity: Seemingly Caucasian/White

Complexion: Pale, yet holds perfect skin condition

Height/Weight:
Stands at 6'1" and weighs 187 LBs.

Appearance/Armor:
(I'm using Azrael's Appearance with slight changes due to me being lazy)

His eyes appear a dark blue color with a whitish-tint pupil. A black ring soon circles around that in an almond shape eye. His hair is jet black which falls down to his brow.His body on the other hand is one of the weirdest sites you could imagine. Tan as can be as if he would Basque in the sun everyday, it wasn’t at all achieved that way. Instead, he was born like that. A soft leathery feel can be felt if you stroked it. His body, in which he never takes care of, is naturally fit. His muscles are shown in his upper body and lower body.

On his body is that of special clothing. Attached skin tight is a gray silk cloth. This cloth was made out of the charcoal of hell, but turned into silk giving it its unique gray look. The cloth ranges from his thigh to his wrists. Above that layer is that of straps that go across his midriff, connecting to two straps that hang forth from his upper battle gear. This gear stretches from shoulder to shoulder and goes down to just above the stomach. Two buttons are just below the nipples, connecting the descending straps. A cloak is placed over his head, covering most. A neck collar is placed around that which contains two straps that crisscross and connect to that of the two buttons. A descending tattered cape appears that is attached to the shoulder pads, but also connected to the hood. All of this is black, besides the gray shirt and the edge of the collar which contains two gray pieces of leather. Underneath all this is another layer of darker gray material that acts like chain mail.

On his lower body is a garment that hangs forth from the two descending straps from the upper body. It holds tow black lines at the edges with a dark gray center. On his legs, however, is that of two straps that circles his legs and hold small pockets for notes and things. On his shins are shin guards that are made of metal attached to layers of black pieces of leather. It starts up by the groin region before descending down to the ankles. It has a bigger metal plate around the knee. It was said that you can gain a reflection by looking into this shining metal. Attached to the bottom part of the shin guards are the boots. They are just normal black traveling boots with a piece of metal on top. Much like the top, another layer of dark gray appears below it all.

On his hands are dark gloves that are like driving gloves. Each knuckle is fastened with two bolts going backwards. Two straps crisscross and extend from the bottom of the glove to a bracelet made of black leather. A square opened section of the glove is on the top of his hand. Below it all his hands are taped.

All of what he wears are made from dragon scale, one of the most durable and light material known. It is like he is wearing two 5 lb weights.

Equipment/Offensive Armaments:

~Ice~ (Pronounced "I-se")
*History – Ice was passed through the family generations. It is a special blade that was passed from father to son, yet since he was one of five sons, Malcolm received this upon sheer luck. t happened that Malcolm was given this as part of his Father's last wish. The secrets it holds are only known to the family.

*Appearance – The blade itself is made of magicite steel, or the strongest steel in the kingdom.. Having a 24 Inch Blade and a 10 Inch handle, it reaches 34 inches of striking distance. Across the blade is that of the family's symbol and motto in elvish tongue. The hilt is composed of a purplish silk fabric that entwines it down to the very end. At the tip of the hilt there exists a pyramidal shaped triangle. It is finely crafted and is light weight, making it for a perfect killing blade. It is said that it rivals Odanis Ecripeline's blade. It is said that the blade holds special properties.

Abilities/Techniques:
Malcolm, being fascinated with improving skills has one of the finest styles in the land. One he perfected himself. Also, it is told that upon training this, he opened his spirit up to achieving some sort of spells. No one has witnessed what he can do, but it can't be much as he is human born.

Biography:

~ The Birth ~

Malcolm Oraan Ammecrine was born to King Amilius the Second of the Kingdom of Ammecrine. He was born into a family of six; His mother, his father, and his three other brothers. Ceria (SAY-REE-UH), his mother, was perhaps the benign person in all of Ammecrine, or even quite possibly, all of Aumicelia. After giving birth to her last child, she was killed, horrifically, by (or said to be by) King Goliath of the Kingdom of Goliath’s mercenary. This ultimately led to the personal feud between Goliath and Amilius.

Upon losing their mother, the five sons adopted a terrible malice for Goliath. Like their father, they wished to kill him. So they trained. All of them took on the most challenging quests and journeys. Malcolm, accompanying Mordecai, even fought with Odanis, the previous King of Nordanis, in the Bank War.

Aumicelia grew darker over the years, especially with more rumors spreading. An empire supposedly grew near the east coast, by Goliath, and the Bankurin race enhanced their hostility. Ammecrine, being somewhat alone in the third continent, was left to fend for themselves against a possible war with the Bankurin.

As years passed, Malcolm turned 22. He was given nothing except Ice, which he cherished. Everyone else besides him and Mordecai had something, but they were alone. Sure, Malcolm was heir to the throne if his elder brother died, but that is a waiting game. It was boring being second eldest, for he had nothing to do. It was told he just practiced and practiced until he can control some sort of army, but even then, what was the point ?

The event following was said to cause the war, or, ignite the inferno trapped within King Amilius and Goliath. A strange, withered creature limped up the royal steps, and into the King’s chamber. There, they spoke alone. After two days of being alone in the chamber, the King exited, a ferocious frown warping his face. His fury was clear and immensely noticeable. Then, he announced it, raising his hand in the air to reveal a red magite stone; War. It was time for the vendetta to be taken out on Goliath, and following, the rest of Aumicelia.

King Amilius ordered his five sons to lead his army and this was what Malcolm was dreading. Fighting for what purpose? What will HE gain? However, when word struck that Mordecai was long gone, Malcolm couldn't help but feel the same. He wished he could've left with Mordecai, but his duty was here. He was loyal. As days went by and no sign of Mordecai, he started to become sleepless until his father ordered that of a search party. Malcolm's journey began here.

~~~~

I hope that is okay for what you asked of me.

Last edited:

Bear

Ouranophobic
~ Above, Below, and Between ~

King Amilius entered his chamber, flustered. Two heavy doors bearing Ammecrine's emblem swung around him and slammed into the walls, making his entrance noticed. Sitting at his larger table, which stood in the very center of the room, were three of his sons; Ralphnel, Draniel, and Ammenes. Upon their father's ingress, they stood, troubled. As he made his way to his throne, Ralphnel adressed him; "What troubles you, Father?" His voice was cracked, as if he had not yet fully matured. Ignoring him, he proceeded to his throne and then behind it. Pushing a large square of wall to the side, he revealed a once completely abstruse doorway, decorated with two curtains extruding from the top of its frame. Amilius advanced, waving the curtains out of his way angrily.

After minutes of strange noises, resembling dropping heavy objects and sliding boxes across a floor, Ammenes strode to the passageway to confront his father. Before he could intrude, Amilius egressed, a hideous look warping his countenance. Brushing past his son, he continued to the table, breathing heavily and walking as if he were exhausted. He pulled out a chair and sat down, extending both arms out over the table. Then, he slammed them against the oak, creating a vicious smacking sound. In the calmest voice he could muster, he announced his reason for being so tempered. "My sons.. he took it. He took our only chance at victory. He took Ammecrine's hope, its dreams. Veliath took the magite stone."

Silence spread quickly, as if an airborne plague. The three boys were agape, and completely dumbfounded. Several minutes after the news had sunk in them, they approached their father to comfort him. Each of them provided their own unique methods of alleviation. One of them clasped the king's shoulder, and rubbed it gently. The two others rubbed his back, and offered kind words, such as 'we will find him', and 'do not worry, father, the magite will return to us'.

Suddenly, Amilius erupted, and at the peak of his ability, screamed in acrimony. "I WILL FIND YOU VELIATH. AND WHEN I DO, YOU WILL DIE FOR YOUR TRICKERY. YOU WILL DIE BY AMMECRINE'S HAND." The three boys jumped back, startled. Amilius' huffed and weezed, gasping for air. In his old age, he had not yelled for some time, and it had taken quite a bit of energy out of him. When his composure returned, he shared with them his orders. "Ralphnel, my son. Travel to Goliath and stop my army from invading. Instead, redirect them to Veliath. However, do not kill him. Bring him here, for me to do so." Ralphnel immediately acqiuesced and left the room, leaving his brothers staring at their father in fear. Following his leave, Amilius directed his attention to his other sons, and smiled wryly. "Draniel... Ammenes.. I wish for you to search for your brothers, Malcolm and Mordecai. They will most likely be in Goliath; Malcolm sent us a bird with word of his direction, and he has almost reached the kingdom himself. Please, my sons. Be careful, and return them to me. I have grown perturbed as of late, and anxiously await their company. Go now on steeds. I wish you luck on your journey." Just as their brother had done, they left without question, to find Malcolm and Mordecai.

~~

The sound of footsteps echoed throughout the hallways, increasing, louder and louder. A man wandered in search of Goliath's quarters. From his arm, he bled, dripping on the cold stone floor. However, he didn't seem to notice. As he neared the end of the last hallway, two guards halted him abruptly. They were dressed in the standard armored suit and each held a simple halberd. Behind them, was a beautifull embellished door, obviously to Goliath's quarters.

One of the guards adressed him on approach. "What are you doing in here? What is your business? Better yet, tell me your name, rat!" He spoke to him uncouthly, and his tone was somewhat hostile. Promptly, the man retaliated; "I am Mordecai Royland Ammecrine, prince of Ammecrine, son of Amilius Drius Ammecrine, and am here to discuss and negotiate pardon with Goliath. I command you, as Goliath's royal guest to wake him." Dumbstruck, they conformed, rushing into Goliath's quarters.

Minutes later, a tall, slender blonde-haired man exited. He was clothed in a marvelous robe, adorned with colorful jewels. After a deep yawn, he looked at Mordecai. His jaw dropped as he examined all of him, eyes widening at every aspect of his person. "My, you have grown!" Mordecai smiled, amused at his maladroitness. Upon realizing he was forgetting a formal greeting, Goliath corrected himself. "Ah, excuse me. Hello Mordecai. Let me just say, it is wonderful to see you. How are you?" Mordecai's facial expression changed into that of an austere one. "I am well, but I have much more important matters to discuss with you. Please.. get dressed. I am sorry to have awakened you, but it is urgent. Shall I wait in your public chamber?" Goliath seemed taken aback by this, and responded with what he thought was appropriate. "Yes, I understand. Excuse me... and, it is truly nice to see you, my nephew. Truly." Goliath retreated back to his quarters, motioning for his guards to lead Mordecai. Completely amenable, they did.

The public chamber was darker than Amilius'. However, it looked more sophisticated and fitting for serious discussions to take place. At the same time, paintings of landscapes that hung on the walls provided a cleansing and serene feel. Also hanging on the walls, were various types of armaments and weapons. In the center of the room, was a beautiful oak table, stretching far enough to hold sixteen people. At the end, steps formed, leading to Goliath's throne. It glimmered gold in the candle light. Mordecai was impressed.

Apparently, Goliath had ordered food to be prepared. A few cooks came out from a nearly unnoticable door left of the throne to deliver plates of gorgeous chicken, duck, and all other types of meat. Variegated wines were also brought to him in intricate glass cups, some having a design of a dragon on it, and others of a raging waterfall.

Mordecai sat in the seat furthest away from the throne, feasting on a chicken leg, vigorously ripping the meat from the bone. His long journey had rewarded him with an immense appetite. After he finished it, Goliath entered the room, glowing in an elegant mixture of gem embroidered armor and goldlen laced robes. He strode to the table and took a seat next to Mordecai, watching him drink a bluish wine. Mordecai smiled, pleased with the delectable food. Goliath smiled back, and spoke happily. "I take it you are enjoying the food," he asked, noticing three empty plates. Mordecai only laughed before answering him. "As always. You have the best chefs in all of Aumicelia; besides of course, the ones in Ammecrine. You must visit there someti.. Forgive me. I did not mean to get off track." Goliath made a slight gesture with his hand, implying that he wasn't offended. Mordecai then straightened himself up, and pushed the plates aside to discuss the important matters at hand.

"I have come to negotiate pardon." Goliath snapped at him, gently. "You know I cannot do that. Ammecrine's army has already reached our outposts, and killed many of my people. How do you expect me to pardon Amilius?"

"Amilius is not the one who ordered the attack."

"Oh? Then who was?"

"Well.. he was, technically. But technicalities aside, it was in fact, Veliath." Goliath smiled sarcastically. "Veliath," he asked, laughing. "A strange man, who showed up on Ammecrine's doorstep three fortnights ago. He has manipulated my father using some sort of magic. If it wasn't for him, Aumicelia would be at peace currently, and I would not be sitting here." Silence overwhelmed the chamber. They remained still for some time, contemplating, and thinking of what to say. Finally, Mordecai broke into reticence. "I know I am asking for a lot; I know this. But, if I have ever needed you in the past, I need you far worse now." Goliath appeared displeased even as he spoke. Mordecai could tell he was affronted. "Do not tell me of your needs, Mordecai. I have needs. Aumucelia has needs."

"I apologize. It is just, I need to save my father."

"I understand. However, I cannot converse with you any further about these matters. I have much more important ones awaiting my thought."

"More important matters than war? Such as?" Mordecai's tone was bold and annoyed. Goliath answered, obligated. "Forgive me. I did not mean to say that."

"Tell me what it is your hiding." Goliath let out a deep breath, sighed, and leaned back in his chair. For the longest time he stared at Mordecai, with easy and benign eyes. "Mordecai... Aumicelia is in grave danger. I cannot give you the specifics, but I will, soon. Something terrible has arrived on the shores. Something Aumicelia has never seen, and has never even dreamed of. Pure evil. Perhaps this Veliath was apart of it." Mordecai was left agape and confused. He couldn't comprehend what he was trying to say. "Goliath, you speak in riddles. Tell me forthright."

"Please, Mordecai. Sleep now, and tomorrow we will discuss this further, along with guests. I am sorry for mentioning this to you. I am." Despite Mordecai's attempts to grasp his attention, Goliath fled the chamber, retreating, most likely, back to his quarters. Two guards entered the room afterwards, and proceeded, with Mordecai, to an available room. There, he slept, dreaming of the terrible possibilities.

~~

A knock at the door woke him suddenly. He jumped from his bed, breathing heavily and drowned in his own perspiration. Phlegmatically, he arose and opened his door. The same two guards stood outside, smiling awkwardly. Their cheeks were rosier than ever, and overall, their entire faces were a bit flush. "Goliath wishes for you to proceed to the chamber in three and twenty minutes. I suggest you be on time, sir." They left shortly after farewells. Mordecai withdrew to his sink, where he washed himself.

After he was ready, he set out for the public chamber. Unlike before, he found his way to the chamber by himself, facilely. Upon arrival, he was greeted by Goliath, and more plates of food set on the table. Taking a seat where he had before, he began to feast with Goliath's consent.

"Now we wait for the others. When all of them have arrived, assuming they will not be late, we shall adress the exigent topic." Mordecai returned to his meal shortly afterwards, and they both remained silent, waiting for some man or woman to enter the room. With each second passing, he grew more eager to discover Aumicelia quandary. For that, he would have to wait until the guests' arrival.

- Chapter One, CRISIS -

Zabazu

The Magic Man
ooc: I assume it has a palace....

Keras appeared at the gates of Goliath's palace, his black robes fluttering in the wind. His face was impassive, as was his movment. It seemed to be without emotion, and he entered the palace without anyone noticing. If they did, they did not do anything. This mage was someone who cast a great aura...No guards dared interfere. He had obtained a note that was greatly interesting, and he had to see if it held new possible knowledge of magic.

He walked into the public hall and then silently walked to the table set in the middle. He looked around, not seeing much people there presently and looked around the hall. He had been impressed before, by the beautiful mountain kingdom, but now he was amazed. It was more than he had expected out of any HUMAN cities... He then sat himself at the table and pulled his hood more over his face. He was here for knowledge, not to socialize. Keras pulled out the note and put it on the table infront of him.

It had various delicacies, but Keras was not hungry, he didnt need any food for a while, and the amount of it disgusted him. There was obviously more food here than most got in a year in the poorer parts of this world. He then pulled out his own personal spellbook, and started to mesmorize the spells within so he could use it whenever, without having to take time to recall the spell incantation, and wasting crucial time. He would do this until Goliath decided to tell them why he had summoned them...

ooc:Sorry, crappy post...

Stryfe

The plains of Goliath were quiet except for the faint sound of a horse.The hooves pressing hard against the dirt filled ground made an eerie presence in the absence of sound. It was no a normal horse, however. Its skin was that of silver and seemed to gallop elegantly across the plains. Its mane was pure white and it appeared as a ghost, which it was rightfully named. The owner of this marvelous creature was the cloaked man riding atop it, sword and sheath at his side. His hair flew behind him as he was maintaining a quick pace across the fields. He appeared like it was his first crossing across this wasteland of a field, but looks deceived. In reality, this was a trip he accomplished many times before. As he continued to increase the pace by striking the reigns, one could tell that he loved the feeling.

This was the way of Malcolm Ammecrine. He loved the feel of wind striking against his face as he rode, the freedom that it held. Yet, looking at his face, the seriousness overtook his enjoyment. Keeping a stern face unless in good company, Malcolm hardly let people know what he was thinking. He was raised this way. Yet, the one that could always make him smile no matter what was Mordecai, his brother. Just the thought brought a smiling smirk across his face. Always being close, they seemed to hold more family values than the rest of the family. Yet, as he traveled this traverse plain, he only held a stern face for his mission was that of retrieving. And the target: Mordecai.

It all happened a while back, too far back for his taste. It was when Mordecai left Ammecrine out of abandonment for not fighting that brought on this terrible chase. Mordecai's self-righteousness; Malcolm laughed at the thought. This trip to find Mordecai brought on more hardships than Malcolm could endure. Cold nights, heated days, and monsters all stood in his path. Yet, the path was coming to a close as the faint outline of Goliath could be seen in the horizon. And with each passing stride from Ghost, Malcolm could sense Mordecai. He could feel the presence and warmth of his brother.

Ghost slowed to a trot and soon a stop. Malcolm dismounted the beloved creature and stood next to it. Once could really see his full size from standing. Nevertheless, when he touched the cobble stone walkway of Goliath, he saw the sentries around the massive wall in front of him. His right hand still gripped on the reigns to direct Ghost where to go, he stopped next to the guards guarding the wall. And, for the first time in a week, he spoke.

"Open up, please," he started, "I am Malcolm Ammecrine. I have just crossed the great plains in hopes of reaching here. I have word that my brother Mordecai is here. I need to give him urgent news."

With that, the guards looked and inspected Malcolm and nodded their heads. The gate soon opened and in stepped Malcolm, not phased by the sheer size.

~~~

I hope that is satisfying. I am still sort of clueless on the description of Goliath. =/

BlackmageAp

Awards
Jon sighed heavily as he finally arrived at the palace gates. He scratched his head and looked around, as people watched him approach the gates. Though his ears were one of the main things that most people were probably at, he also figured it was his bellish figure that his cloak was creating for him. He looked briefly over his shoulders to see them all turn around quickly, and go back to whatever they were doing beforehand. He chuckled a bit and finally walked forward towards the guards. They were quick to his approach.

"Halt there, uh, sir....what is your business here?"

Jon flicked the letter and showed it to the guards, his ears twitching at the fact that they had to think of what to call him.

"I've been summoned from all the way back in Nordanis, I'm really hoping that you're not going to be trying to get me to go back there." He bared his teeth a bit as he gave a small smile. The guard didn't flinch, but backed away silently. Jon smiled with a closed mouth and walked into the palace. Though he didn't show it, he was quite taken aback from the size of the place. He walked forward a finally found a table with food, and three other men sitting at the table. He bowed low and faced them all with an emotionless face.

"Good morn everyone. Though I'm not sure which of you is the summoner, I feel honored that you'd consider a wondering alchemist like myself for, "the hope of Aumicelia." If you'll parden me though, I'd like to eat after my journey. Feel free to ask me anything you need to." He took a seat that wasn't too far from Mordecai. He began putting food onto a plate, and enjoying the meal slowly.

Jace

The walls of Goliath hovered in the distance as Jace rode at quite a fast pace on his noble horse. The broad open plains had been a relatively easy journey for him, one that he was not really used to. There were no bandits, nor any creatures for him to slay. He was along way away from his home country and the change was still growing on him. Jace’s armor clanked softly as he rode over rolling hills and steep embankments, taking care not to push his horse to hard.

Jace reached down and stroked the soft main of his horse, whispering comforting words into its mind. "Do not worry Felene; we are almost there, tis not much farther."

The white horse grunted happily, understanding what Jace had said and increased its pace. The white mane of the horse blew in the wind as they continued onwards towards Goliath. Soon, after a few more hours of riding, the grand walls of the city hovered above them. Jace dismounted his horse, and un-holstered his two handed sword Arcana and its sheath from the horses side. He strapped the sword across his back, underneath his red cape, and headed towards the main gate Felene following close behind.

“Halt, who goes there?!” The grubby looking guardsman said, approaching Jace as he neared the front gate. Jace reached into one of the saddle bags on his horse and retrieved a white letter. He held up the letter to the guardsman, politely explaining why he had come. “I have been summoned here by King Goliath; I have traveled from a long distance and wish to speak with this man…” Jace looked from one guard to the other looking them up and down, as if threatening them to say no. ”Shall I pass?”

The guardsman jumped to attention, almost as if he had been bitten in an inappropriate place and scrambled back towards the gate yelling up orders to open the gate. There was a loud click and the doors opened, showing the immense grandeur of Goliath city. Jace nodded towards both guardsmen and walked through into the immense city.

People scrambled everywhere, hustling and bustling, talking and selling. It looked like a relatively happy place, people went about their lives hardly noticing the warrior clad in white armor enter the front gates with a pale white horse following. Jace immediately headed towards the huge castle, which was located at the back of the city. The walk was longer than Jace had thought. It took a full forty and seven minutes for him to reach the castle.

Jace walked up the coble stone path, holding the white letter in his right hand. There must’ve been others to arrive for the guardsmen didn’t even stop him as he walked through the front doors to the castle. Felene waited outside by a nearby tree and found some grass to graze on.

Jace walked into a large open room, filled with intricate paintings, architecture and stone designs. In the middle of this large room was a table filled with food, and sitting at this table where three other people. One looked like a high elf, another was a human warrior , and the third was a foxlike alchemist. Jace walked forward and prepared to introduce himself but thought better of it and just took a seat. He unbuckled his sword and leaned it against the table. The food looked exquisite in front of him but, now was not the time to eat. He wanted to find out why he was summoned here, and he wanted to find out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back