• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About the play island and the mainland... (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
does any else think it's weird that you can see the play island from the mainland, but not the mainland from the play island, I mean I get it, KH1, it's the first game, things weren't thought out yet, but KH1, KH2, KH3, KH BBS, and 0.2 all seem to do this, just something that's kind of bugged me since the PS2 era, what are your thoughts?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
In KH1 we can see Sora looking at the play island from his room on the main island. So it was always an oversight.

AleMustDie

Awards
It's not weird , but probably they needed to hide something. Like some resident...
If I recall well, the one who call Sora for the Dinner is the aunt. But who knows, in ML we could see more.

vaderskywalker

Awards
In KH1 we can see Sora looking at the play island from his room on the main island. So it was always an oversight.
I forgot about Sora's window in that scene, but point still stands, we should be able to see the mainland in cutscenes at least, otherwise there's something hiding the mainland from view, which doesn't make sense.

Chie

Awards
It's thematic. These three chuunibyou kids feel isolated in this world and want to go on an adventure to other worlds, which is something kids feel in real life, and by going to the play island and pretending the other islands don't exist, they can immerse themselves even more in their chuuni fantasy.

vaderskywalker

Awards
It's thematic. These three chuunibyou kids feel isolated in this world and want to go on an adventure to other worlds, which is something kids feel in real life, and by going to the play island and pretending the other islands don't exist, they can immerse themselves even more in their chuuni fantasy.
your right that is relatable, but that being said, going by that logic, that means that were seeing the islands through Sora's eyes, which would make sense, but then we've got Terra and Aqua, who aren't children, and they still don't see the mainland.

Chie

Awards
Sora literally can see the island.

But it's relevant to the themes to not show us the island.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'd never heard anything like that. Actually, I think I'd like it better if it was some kind of aunt or foster mother, because then it's not so weird they're never mentioned or alluded to at all ever again, lol.

Willow A113

Awards
I'd never heard anything like that. Actually, I think I'd like it better if it was some kind of aunt or foster mother, because then it's not so weird they're never mentioned or alluded to at all ever again, lol.
I don't think it's any less weird if she still RAISED him. Mother, aunt, or something else, she's still a very important part of his life.

AleMustDie

Awards
BTW , the Main Inslad sure is important.

I dont know if Sora came to visit their parents during the various KH, when returned on the Islands
Neither if them are important to the KH Story, who knows.

But , probably the woman who s calling him for the Dinner is his Mother.
I cannot find the interview so I think I dreamed about it. Really weird.

''I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like, is any of this for real or not?
None of this... makes sense to me.''

Back