• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About the MP gauge, (don't think I spelled that right) (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
Why is it that it gets used up so quickly when you use the cure spells, but all the other spells don't do that? KH1 was the only one that didn't do that, and BBS, DDD, COM, coded, and Melody of Memory don't count because they didn't use MP, it makes me not want to use any other spells, because I need the cure spells, and like I said, it was fine in KH1, because the cure spells didn't eat up the MP gauge like the one that later games used, and it makes me prefer the Command Deck from BBS DDD and coded, because there wasn't a risk of MP depletion, and yes I know there are potions but the cure spells are stronger and restore more HP, does anyone else have this problem, what are thoughts?

Last edited:

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I think it's just there so you will rely on Cure less. Spamming Cure was a big problem in KH1, so the spell using up the entire gauge in 2 may have been a way to fix it. Personally, I just use spells until my MP bar reaches a certain point, then save that for Cure.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
How was it a problem?
At least to *me* it was. You spammed that so much to heal yourself then you do more hits to gain back MP to kill again. Can get repetitive. But I do get your point, I personally prefer 1's MP system to 2.

vaderskywalker

Awards
At least to *me* it was. You spammed that so much to heal yourself then you do more hits to gain back MP to kill again. Can get repetitive. But I do get your point, I personally prefer 1's MP system to 2.
I feel like there was more freedom for the spells, you could heal yourself, and then continue using other spells, and later on when you get Tinker Bell as a summon, you could use her during a boss, and she constantly heals you and you could use any spell you want during that time, but that's just me.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The MP Gauge post-CoM has always been annoying. It discourages spell use and becomes for Cure only. I was hoping they might change that up in 3 since they were bringing back so many other good things, ah well. I think the change in MP has a correlation with basic combat becoming so easy; in 1, basic enemies were harder because you could more easily cure before you got to 0, whereas the later games try to take into account the nonstop loading MP gauge.

vaderskywalker

Awards
The MP Gauge post-CoM has always been annoying. It discourages spell use and becomes for Cure only. I was hoping they might change that up in 3 since they were bringing back so many other good things, ah well. I think the change in MP has a correlation with basic combat becoming so easy; in 1, basic enemies were harder because you could more easily cure before you got to 0, whereas the later games try to take into account the nonstop loading MP gauge.
I agree, I was kind of hoping that they would continue with the Command Deck in KH3 before it was announced, I really liked the Command Deck, it felt like a natural progression, and the mp gauge was a thing of the past, but no, they didn't do that.

Back