• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About the KH3 boxart....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
DnVF3pZXsAEsTAF.jpg

I said this in another thread but you see basically all the protagonists in their respective trios....except Namine who's all by herself. I'm not that big of a fan about Namine nor do I care too much for what happens fo her, but I kinda thought the imagery made her look pitiful. Like I get that her whole schtick is she's a loner but they really hammered it with that boxart.

I also noticed how there's two empty spots next to her. I know it probably means nothing but maybe it could be a sign that Namine could have her own kind of trio? Going by this idea, maybe Nomura could do another version of said boxart after KH3 releases with everyone still together but now those spots next to Namine are filled with the two people who could be part of her own little friendship trio.

Question is who do you guys think it could be or who Nomura could group her with?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
If I had to pick two existing characters, it would be Ephemer and Skuld. But I think they’ll stick with this because of the significance of the number 13. These could be our KH version of Knights of the Round.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Data Sora and Riku made the most sense since they are the only two major protagonists who are absent from the cover. Though as Zip mentioned they had to stick with thirteen for symbolism.

Any

Awards
Naminé deserves to be with Sora, Riku, and Kairi in all honesty

if I had to pick, Vanitas and Isa because if Vanitas sat next to Naminé’s left, he would be sitting close to the wayfinder trio and he has history with them, also he is connected to Ventus. If Isa sat next to Naminé’s right, he would be sitting close to the sea salt ice cream trio, he has history with them, also a rocky relationship with Lea

Last edited:

KeyToDestiny

Awards
If I had to pick two existing characters, it would be Ephemer and Skuld. But I think they’ll stick with this because of the significance of the number 13. These could be our KH version of Knights of the Round.

Ephemer and Skuld would be dead by now I'd think but Ventus and Lauriam/Marluxia are still around so who knows.

But yeah you have a point about the whole 13 thing.

Data Sora and Riku made the most sense since they are the only two major protagonists who are absent from the cover. Though as Zip mentioned they had to stick with thirteen for symbolism.

That would pretty much mean Namine would have to reside in the data world I'd think.

Naminé deserves to be with Sora, Riku, and Kairi in all honesty

if I had to pick, Vanitas and Isa because if Vanitas sat next to Naminé’s left, he would be sitting close to the wayfinder trio and he has history with them, also he is connected to Ventus. If Isa sat next to Naminé’s right, he would sitting close to the sea salt ice cream trio, he has history with them, also a rocky relationship with Lea

Yeah would have looked better if she were next to the Island trio but boxart disagrees with that.

And Vanitas and Isa? Didn't really consider them because they were villains with Xehanort but if they survive and get redeemed along with maybe getting de-norted then who knows.

Also didn't consider the fact that Vanitas would be closer to the BBS trio while Isa would be closer to the Days trio since both have connections to them.

Though I'm torn because i liked Vanitas and Saix as villains lol.

Last edited:

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Maybe Ephemer and the Player? (Totally not hoping we can import our character from Unchained x[chi]/Union x[cross] or make a new custom Keyblade wielder ala Dragonball Xenoverse)

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Namine may well be the link between all of these characters given her nature and her abilities (think back to that dialogue with Terra) so I wouldn't feel too bad for her. I think of it like this: rather than having a trio of her own, Namine has a home with all of them. The way that she's positioned also sets her the closest to the audience so it could be that it subtly indicates her significance for us as onlookers.

That said, while it isn't themed in threes, I would love to see her and Xion form a close bond and build on the powerful chemistry they had in Days.

kaseykockroach

Awards
She's not alone! She's got me! <3

Ahem, anyway...
It's not like Sora and Riku pay much attention to Kairi nowadays, so perhaps just pair them up? :p

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Interesting pick in any case.
Nonetheless though so far nothing points towards Naminé having anything to do with the Ux era so where comes the idea from?

If Ephemer and Skuld would be included wouldn't they be better placed somewhere near Ventus? In the few scenes of Ux we got so far it almost looks like these three form another trio while Pinky and the Brain form a duo.

Yea, I'd be surprised too if they changed the artwork again down the road.

Namine may well be the link between all of these characters given her nature and her abilities (think back to that dialogue with Terra) so I wouldn't feel too bad for her. I think of it like this: rather than having a trio of her own, Namine has a home with all of them. The way that she's positioned also sets her the closest to the audience so it could be that it subtly indicates her significance for us as onlookers.

That said, while it isn't themed in threes, I would love to see her and Xion form a close bond and build on the powerful chemistry they had in Days.

Good point, she also isn't isolated or something. She sits on the same platform as the Days team to which she has close ties at least with Xion and Roxas, the latter who she's lined up with.
If she stands up she's immediately with them.
Furthermore she'd just need to raise one hand to immediately make contact with Aqua and thus likely be included in the BBS team.

In the end, despite being on different "platforms" which may symbolize their different origin points another message may be that they're becoming one big team after all.

I'd say not everything needs to be themed in threes/trios anyways.
I'd be down with the Naminé and Xion thing though as the series could use some closer girl friendships. This is also a reason why I am not too thrilled with Skuld being the only female among the Ux main cast.

mytomxxx

I have the feeling she is highlighted, it can be only because her colors are lighter, close to the other ones and the location itself. She reflects more light than the others.
Not saying this actually really means anything.
But it can mean she will have a big role in KH3.
Or I'm looking to hard to one thing trying to make sense of it hehe.

Squall Strife

First off, really like the box art I think it encompasses what the series has gone through & has led up to this point.

As for the question, I'm not sure. She's pretty much helped everyone on the boxart as best as she could so technically she deserves to be in all of the trios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back