• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About the book of prophecies...(Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
I've had this thought for a while, could the 100 acre wood have a connection to the book of prophecies? Maleficent describes it as a book that has worlds in it, and what does the 100 acre wood book have? a world in it, what are your thoughts?

AegisXIII

Awards
Interesting. I never thought about it and actually you might be onto something. It is also related to the world of data actually. Does that mean that Winnie is a data version from the beginning?

vaderskywalker

Awards
Interesting. I never thought about it and actually you might be onto something. It is also related to the world of data actually. Does that mean that Winnie is a data version from the beginning?
Actually, I don't think Maleficent completely knew what she was talking about, what I mean by that is that she doesn't know how data works, after all she is from a world that is behind the times, and when she heard the word datascape, she thought the person said "date escape", but that doesn't mean she was wrong about the book of prophecies, so no I don't think The 100 achre wood is data, that doesn't seem possible, because it's not hooked up to a computer, especially when Sora visits, the book of prophecies is clearly magic, as is the 100 achre wood, the datascape is, to me, something she just doesn't understand.

AegisXIII

Awards
Maleficent sees this as a fairy tale magical book, while re:coded used technology to digitalize it. But I think it's the same process with different way of achieving it. A magical book is still data.

Chie

Awards
I was thinking about this too.

It's notable, when Sora goes into the 100 Acre Wood book, it presents itself as a "pop-up book" in another environment, i.e. the book is making a projection that Sora is interacting with. Also in KH2, Sora goes into that book and talks to Winnie the Pooh, but then Pooh freezes in midair and Sora's knocked out of it by a forcefield. When he gets back in, the exact same scene replays itself, a pre-determined story playing on a loop.

I think it's a microcosm for all the Disney worlds in general. Like, all these worlds appeared chronologically in the Book of Prophecies before they were even actual worlds. Then eventually they were "remembered" as real worlds, but could still be copied to other mediums (memory, data, dream, as YX says). But somehow the 100 Acre Wood stayed as a book, and in doing so, betrays the truth about "worlds".

Willow A113

Awards
I was thinking about this too.

It's notable, when Sora goes into the 100 Acre Wood book, it presents itself as a "pop-up book" in another environment, i.e. the book is making a projection that Sora is interacting with. Also in KH2, Sora goes into that book and talks to Winnie the Pooh, but then Pooh freezes in midair and Sora's knocked out of it by a forcefield. When he gets back in, the exact same scene replays itself, a pre-determined story playing on a loop.

I think it's a microcosm for all the Disney worlds in general. Like, all these worlds appeared chronologically in the Book of Prophecies before they were even actual worlds. Then eventually they were "remembered" as real worlds, but could still be copied to other mediums (memory, data, dream, as YX says). But somehow the 100 Acre Wood stayed as a book, and in doing so, betrays the truth about "worlds".
Maybe it's both. In Union X, the worlds existed as data, projections, and real areas. 100 Acere Wood might be the same. It could be a book, but there might also be a real Winnie the Pooh around, maybe with Christopher Robin as a friend.

AegisXIII

Awards
Maybe it's both. In Union X, the worlds existed as data, projections, and real areas. 100 Acere Wood might be the same. It could be a book, but there might also be a real Winnie the Pooh around, maybe with Christopher Robin as a friend.
What if KH4 goes with the live action winnie the pooh from the Christopher Robin movie, being in the real world and all?

Chie

Awards
IMO it's debatable whether they existed as real areas, since the whole setup the MoM planned out elides the real ones entirely. The BoP specifically takes projections from the future, and the memories of those worlds were remembered in the hearts of children - and the MoM chose to use children to send into those projections. It's pretty ambiguous, but the real ones don't seem to factor into this loop.

In the end, Daybreak Town and the Keyblade Graveyard are the only two real places we're shown in X, and we don't even know how they connect to eachother.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
The book? The fact that Maleficent is still after it despite the Keyblade War 2.0 coming to an end still tells me there's something in it. Something worth exploring.

If I hazard a guess, it'll probably be...
  • It talks about the ages (i.e. the cycles) of the past, the present, and the future long before the Age of Fairy Tales and a vague description pertaining to an age/world that will be saved when the "Door" is opened at last in the future.
    • It'll probably reveal a past far before the Age of Fairy Tales, many "ages" when people were already at conflict with the Darkness and trying to escape from it, and failing.
    • It'll contain preserved information from surviving records from that past, most likely summaries of repeated wars, or rather repeated battles of The War that ended and brought in the ages.
    • The parts about the past will reveal a pattern for the unknown future, the destiny that will happen all over again, and a vague passage/page about the future that's to be saved.
    • The one who will Open the Door, the Child of Destiny, who isn't named in the book, but anyone's who's been playing the series for a long time would've figured it out by now. That child will be the first to enter that unseen land beyond the door.
    • The arrival of that child and the opening of the door will probably have the book read something how the World rejoices in delight and shake in joy.
      • If we take it a step further it'll probably say that child will be a king, the one who will rule over everything in that future world, or be some sort of messianic figure when Darkness has...darkened the world/"doorstep".
      • It's the "destiny is never left to chance" because it's the destiny that will finally be written to have a happy ending (deserving of a Disney Fairy Tale...err...Disney game) by "that one" after repeated defeats and ends.
Of course, it's just my speculation, not even a theory, a hypothesis at best, just guesswork.

Back