• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About the age of Sora in KH4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
KH4 Sora's hair is growing and her hairstyle has changed, so should I think he's grown to 16 in the course of a year?
However, on the other hand, Strelitzia's remark that "He was sleeping for seven days" also bothers me.

It's been a year in the original world, but has Sora's physical age at Quadratum changed?

What do you think, guys?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
He looks a lot older than 3 to me.... *shrug* I think my first comment in reaction to the trailer was that I think they're aging the characters too fast if they plan for Sora to be the protagonist forever.

SuperNova

Awards
Is he 17 now? I've been thinking he's 16 which honestly he should've been in KH3 but because of the whacky nonsense of the timeline I've lost track.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Still 16. Early impressions were a bit muddy but the timeskip Nomura was referring to was the one MoM takes place in. Press impressions clarified later that it's 1 year after KH3 and following MoM.

Basically he's all caught up with the rest of the cast but has a snazzy new look.

Awards
One year passes between each numbered title. Sora's 17 in KH4. He was 14 in KH1.

Exactly 365 days pass between KH1 and KH2, making him 15 in KH2.

It's somewhat implied that a year has passed between KH2 and KH3, which would make him 16.

Then another year passes during/after ReMind, leading into Melody of Memory, and then KH4. That'd make Sora 17 now.

Awards
One year passes between each numbered title. Sora's 17 in KH4. He was 14 in KH1.

Exactly 365 days pass between KH1 and KH2, making him 15 in KH2.

It's somewhat implied that a year has passed between KH2 and KH3, which would make him 16.

Then another year passes during/after ReMind, leading into Melody of Memory, and then KH4. That'd make Sora 17 now.
Sora was 15 years old at KH3.
It didn't seem like much time had passed from KH2 to KH3.

LoneFox

Awards
Sora's age has been discussed before, but let's summarize it. There are four important reference points:
  1. Start of KH1. We know Sora is 14. Let's assume his birthday was just a few days before.
  2. Sora creates Roxas by stabbing himself in Hollow Bastion. We have no way of knowing exactly how much time has passed between #1 and this. I'll estimate 1.5 months.
  3. Sora wakes up in the mansion basement in Twilight Town. This is exactly one year after #2, documented day-by-day in 358/2 Days and the beginning of KH2. It's also the last day of school summer vacation in the town.
  4. Sora visits Twilight Town again in KH3. HPO are on summer vacation again. Now, length of summer vacation varies by country, but about 2 months is typical. This means there must have been at least 10 months between #3 and #4.
When we add up all these time intervals, we come to conclusion that the KH3 Twilight Town visit is a couple of weeks before Sora's birthday, and because there are still several worlds to visit after this, he must have turned 16 before the end of the game. This timeline can be squeezed a little bit if the time between points #1 and #2 is shorter, and/or the summer vacation is longer, but I think the conclusion still stays the same.

Completely different question is how aging, or time in general, works in Quadratum (or more correctly, in Verum Rex world). The Foretellers seem to have been there for 1000+ years and have not aged at all...

SuperNova

Awards
Sora was 15 in KH3 and if Limit Cut/MoM are happening at the same time in the year timeskip then he's 16 now. He really should've been 16 in KH3 to make things easier but no the ultimania stated he was still 15 so that means not much time passed between KH2/DDD/KH3.

Chie

Awards
If the actual evidence from the game contradicts one data point written in a 250 page book that is primarily documenting the existing game and is mostly only important for the Nomura interview in the back, I would go with the game.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I think Sora looks that way because he's in Quadratum but when it comes to his hair, I guess Yozora gave him a haircut

Awards
Sora's age has been discussed before, but let's summarize it. There are four important reference points:
  1. Start of KH1. We know Sora is 14. Let's assume his birthday was just a few days before.
  2. Sora creates Roxas by stabbing himself in Hollow Bastion. We have no way of knowing exactly how much time has passed between #1 and this. I'll estimate 1.5 months.
  3. Sora wakes up in the mansion basement in Twilight Town. This is exactly one year after #2, documented day-by-day in 358/2 Days and the beginning of KH2. It's also the last day of school summer vacation in the town.
  4. Sora visits Twilight Town again in KH3. HPO are on summer vacation again. Now, length of summer vacation varies by country, but about 2 months is typical. This means there must have been at least 10 months between #3 and #4.
When we add up all these time intervals, we come to conclusion that the KH3 Twilight Town visit is a couple of weeks before Sora's birthday, and because there are still several worlds to visit after this, he must have turned 16 before the end of the game. This timeline can be squeezed a little bit if the time between points #1 and #2 is shorter, and/or the summer vacation is longer, but I think the conclusion still stays the same.

Completely different question is how aging, or time in general, works in Quadratum (or more correctly, in Verum Rex world). The Foretellers seem to have been there for 1000+ years and have not aged at all...
Hayner and Donald wouldn't have said that it hasn't been that long if it's been 10 months.

But man, this whole thing is weird.

Between 3 and 4 it's been a year

yet apparently Sora's only been in Quadratum for a week

Yet somehow he has a new outfit, an apartment[strelitzia wouldn't ring the doorbell of her own apartment], and another haircut despite ALSO being in a week long COMA

SuperNova

Awards
Something tells me that Sora's hair wasn't cut just..deflated and looks much more like his 5 year old hairstyle. Then again he got a haircut offscreen in 3 between outfits so who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KudoTsurugi

Awards
That kinda always bugged me, those offscreen haircuts, at least for Sora. Riku’s, I could understand, it’s a little hard to see his eyes with how long it was in KH2. I also understand the change in Sora’s hair in KH2, his hair grew out while he slept that year, and with KH4 I can sorta see a similar logic with the whole ‘world order’ thing at play and his appearance changing to match his surroundings. KH3 kinda just had him with a new hairstyle to go with the outfit just because, though it doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things, it’s just a small pet peeve.

Though I could somewhat understand the confusion on Sora’s age if people are thinking ’new main outfit = another year gone by”. If they said a year long time skip happened between Olympus and Twilight Town, I’d have believed it, at least more than Limit Cut’s time skip.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Hayner and Donald wouldn't have said that it hasn't been that long if it's been 10 months.

But man, this whole thing is weird.

Between 3 and 4 it's been a year

yet apparently Sora's only been in Quadratum for a week

Yet somehow he has a new outfit, an apartment[strelitzia wouldn't ring the doorbell of her own apartment], and another haircut despite ALSO being in a week long COMA
I feel like what we see in the KH IV trailer is right after the Yozora/Sora fight at the end of ReMIND - which is presumably right after Sora "dies" at the end of KH3. So 7 days after that is believable. But the actual inconsistency is one year later, Sora pops in to help Kairi fight Master Xehanort in The Final World in his KH3 attire... of course, I'm sure that Nomura will say that Kairi saw him like that because that's her last memory of him or something.

Awards
I feel like what we see in the KH IV trailer is right after the Yozora/Sora fight at the end of ReMIND - which is presumably right after Sora "dies" at the end of KH3. So 7 days after that is believable. But the actual inconsistency is one year later, Sora pops in to help Kairi fight Master Xehanort in The Final World in his KH3 attire... of course, I'm sure that Nomura will say that Kairi saw him like that because that's her last memory of him or something.
But wasn't it said that Sora's look aside from the graphics is cuz of the year skip?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
But wasn't it said that Sora's look aside from the graphics is cuz of the year skip?
Who said that? In the trailer, Strelitizia says that 7 days passed since he arrived in Quadratum.

If it was Nomura, then does that mean Sora was somewhere else for a year?

SuperNova

Awards
As of right now we don't really know where Sora was before he came to Quadratum but I'm assuming the Final World. But yeah where did they say his current appearance was because of the time skip? I only saw confirmation he looks like this because of Quadratum. :unsure:

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
At this rate Sora probably won't be 21 until the year 2050. Meanwhile I will be like 60. Sigh. I feel cheated because when KH1 was released I was the same age as Sora lol.

2 quid is good

Awards
The ultimania comment is so dumb, and the "KH3 only takes place a week after KH2" claim the game makes is also so dumb. I don't care what canon says, it makes me irrationally annoyed that the game tries to tell us HPO are on the same summer holiday as KH2. Yanno, the same summer holiday that was 50 seconds from being over in KH2? It's just silly. It would have made more since for it to be Autumn or something, especially because their outfits look autumnal. Anyway that irrational KH opinion number 2 on my list, that Sora is currently 17. I will happily spread propaganda to back my agenda too.

Back