• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About the afterlife for Kingdom Hearts... (theory)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
I like to think some worlds have hard rules about what happens when you die. Die in Olympus? Underworld. Die at sea in the Caribbean? Davy Jones has your ass. Die in 100 Acre Wood? Converted to honey.
Minus the honey thing, those were my thoughts too, but I think the rules might be different for Keyblade Wielders, for instance, Sora ended up in the final world, and yes, while him, Donald, and Goofy were in DJL, they were not truly dead, neither was anyone else who went over that waterfall, so yeah, Keyblade Wielders seem to get the final world, with some exceptions,(the nameless stars come to mind), and everyone else gets their respective world's afterlife, or atleast that's my theory.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Non-Existence | Unreality

It's almost weird seeing these two words as concepts side by side. Imagine playing a piece of media that is a work of fiction and within the work, we're essentially explaining all the words confined to that Multi-Verse are all canonical and deemed "non-fictional" realms. Light. Dark. |In-Between| Sleep. Death. All by the physics demonstrated and presented in the game itself are "real".

Quadratum as a concept is interesting to me in the sense there have been observations in-game made about it as a world of fiction/imagination. Hear me out here, what if this world based on fiction and imagination represents a fictional afterlife vs say The Final World's physical representation of that vs The "In-Between" version of that in the Dive to Heart phases of the game. Seems like an amazing opportunity for us to finally get our fantasy world within a kingdom hearts game.

Edit//

Theory:
  • Concept of "Death" within Unreality is unexplored.
  • Sora waking up in Quadratum, body, heart, and soul in-tact suggests he is alive but displaced here.
  • Heartless clearly can coincide within Unreality and theoretically follow the same flow-chart of rebirth/reincarnation
  • I am only assuming the concept of death and rebirth cycle is the same with no basis other than whats in game, the trailers, etc.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Non-Existence | Unreality

It's almost weird seeing these two words as concepts side by side. Imagine playing a piece of media that is a work of fiction and within the work, we're essentially explaining all the words confined to that Multi-Verse are all canonical and deemed "non-fictional" realms. Light. Dark. |In-Between| Sleep. Death. All by the physics demonstrated and presented in the game itself are "real".

Quadratum as a concept is interesting to me in the sense there have been observations in-game made about it as a world of fiction/imagination. Hear me out here, what if this world based on fiction and imagination represents a fictional afterlife vs say The Final World's physical representation of that vs The "In-Between" version of that in the Dive to Heart phases of the game. Seems like an amazing opportunity for us to finally get our fantasy world within a kingdom hearts game.

Edit//

Theory:
  • Concept of "Death" within Unreality is unexplored.
  • Sora waking up in Quadratum, body, heart, and soul in-tact suggests he is alive but displaced here.
  • Heartless clearly can coincide within Unreality and theoretically follow the same flow-chart of rebirth/reincarnation
  • I am only assuming the concept of death and rebirth cycle is the same with no basis other than whats in game, the trailers, etc.
What's weird is that this isn't even the first time something like this was done, for example, years ago I read a fanfic where when Ultimate Spider-man died, he ended up in the DC universe, and became a member of the Teen Titans, and there was another fanfic where instead of Injustice Batman getting help from the Justice League of another earth, he was convinced by Supergirl (Injustice 2 hadn't been a thing yet) to get help from the The Avengers, and in that story Marvel was fictional to DC and vice versa, which was what inspired Supergirl (she had been reading the comics) to convince Batman to get their help,(I don't what made her believe it was a real universe, but it paid off), The Avengers one isn't around anymore (believe me I looked) and I don't know about The Teen Titans one, I haven't read it in years, anyway, my point is that this isn't the first time the multiverse was treated like this, but I kind of like it.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’m also onboard with the idea that the Final World is where those who die on either side of “reality” go and Quadratum isn’t normally an afterlife itself. Normally, the body would perish upon death and the heart and soul would go to the Final World. There, they would either linger as a Star or dissipate. But someone who goes to the Final World with their physical form intact can cross to the other side (if they are able to access a pathway.)

And yes some worlds have unique circumstances that keep souls in their world even after death. Davy Jones’ Locker for example, although it is worth noting that it only impacts those who due at sea. Everyone who dies on land still goes to the Final World. The Underworld effectively acts as an access point to the Final World (and possibly a prison for souls claimed by Hades.)

How would this apply to a hypothetical world like Coco that features its own afterlife though? Maybe due to the power of memories in that world, their loved ones are able to persist after death in the Land of the Dead. But anyone who gets forgotten by the living (like what was happening to Hector) would then move on to the Final World.

Back