• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About Kairi’s future role in the series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
Kairi was my favorite Girl in KH (I feel like Ava might take that position if she was still alive and relevant in the future), I keep Kairi in my top 10 just cause she still has place in my heart (and also cause nostalgia), but Soo Far Aqua surpassed her for me cause Aqua actually does stuff plus her design is nice and not just cutesy cute Girl etc, ofc nothing wrong with being cutesy but knowing Sqaure 90% of the time the cutesy Girl is reduced to princess peach type of character, I don’t hate Kairi cause I recognize her worth in the story, all I hope for her is to actually develop and be her own character instead of simply being the love interest of the protagonist.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
If Kairi wants to be trained by Aqua, it would be rude for Ven to just demand to also be trained at that moment. I can understand if Ven was already being trained by Aqua and Kairi joined in, but for Ven to be eavesdropping while Kairi asks Aqua to train her so she can be strong enough to go into another reality to save Sora, then Ven demands to be trained as well would come across pretty bad for Ven.

I don't think it would be rude at all for Ventura to train with Kairi. If anything, I think Aqua would encourage Kairi and Ventus training together as a "hit two birds with one stone" sort of idea where Kairi gets the training she desires and Ventus finally takes a Mark of Mastery exam. Besides, we've never seen a Mark of Mastery exam where the teacher battles their pupil for the title and I don't think that's ever going to change.

I could see this as a Dream Drop Distance 2.0 scenario where Ventus needs saving because of the Darkness that still lingers within him. Plus, who knows what has truly happened to Vanitas? Maybe it's just me but I don't think that he's gone for good. I also believe that Kairi helping Ventus just like how Riku helped Sora which will give Kairi the sort of agency she's been missing throughout the series.

Foxycian

Awards
I don't think it would be rude at all for Ventura to train with Kairi. If anything, I think Aqua would encourage Kairi and Ventus training together as a "hit two birds with one stone" sort of idea where Kairi gets the training she desires and Ventus finally takes a Mark of Mastery exam. Besides, we've never seen a Mark of Mastery exam where the teacher battles their pupil for the title and I don't think that's ever going to change.

I could see this as a Dream Drop Distance 2.0 scenario where Ventus needs saving because of the Darkness that still lingers within him. Plus, who knows what has truly happened to Vanitas? Maybe it's just me but I don't think that he's gone for good. I also believe that Kairi helping Ventus just like how Riku helped Sora which will give Kairi the sort of agency she's been missing throughout the series.
Getting some World of final fantasy “Lann and Reynn” Vibes with Ventus and Kairi, btw what about Terra? Will Aqua or Yen sid name him a master or will he stop caring for the title after all that has happened to him? I feel like chasing the title made him realize it ended up taking everything he cherishes, so will he like no longer care for the title or just feel traumatized and mad just thinking about it?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Getting some World of final fantasy “Lann and Reynn” Vibes with Ventus and Kairi, btw what about Terra? Will Aqua or Yen sid name him a master or will he stop caring for the title after all that has happened to him? I feel like chasing the title made him realize it ended up taking everything he cherishes, so will he like no longer care for the title or just feel traumatized and mad just thinking about it?

I have a theory that Terra-Xehanort's memories as Ansem, Seeker of Darkness and Xemnas will be transferred back to Terra, meaning, he will have full awareness of Organization XIII and his time as an apprentice to Ansem the Wise.

There's also the connection that Terra has formed with Namine, and assuming that Namine has retained her powers over memories, she's connected to those close to Sora, Kairi... and Ventus as she was created when Ventus heart was resting in Sora. Namine having the power to unlock Ventus' memories will bring the Unchained/Union Cross elements back into the present day.

Swing

Awards
The team failed to give Kairi her needed spotlight. Or perhaps she will get her time to shine in the next game.
Very unlikely. In my eyes, KH: DDD was the perfect opportunity to give Kairi a much-needed spotlight role. But sadly, they went with Riku once again instead. I think the reason why Kairi hasn't got any focus in the series so far has more to do with the Yaoi image of the franchises. And yes, I think this is probably one of the reasons why Kairi, and also the other female characters have such a small role in KH. Kairi is, as I said, just the last collectible item of the franchise, Xion is, what I call, a so-called trigger character, one that only exists to further the story of another character, in her case Roxas. Naminé, Larxene, and Maleficient are just there, and Aqua is more the clean-up-lady for Ventus and Terra.

KH was never really female-focused. And the fandom knows that. Most KH-fans seemed to be part of the Yaoi-scene and ship Sora more with Riku and not so much with Kairi.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The team failed to give Kairi her needed spotlight. Or perhaps she will get her time to shine in the next game.

ReMind proved that the Kingdom Hearts team are receptive to fan feedback. Melody of Memory was being developed in junction with Kingdom Hearts III so I'm not going to give up just yet. Aqua training under Aqua has a lot of potential if it's played right.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't want Aqua to be anything like Kairi. I only feel sorry that if we do get the chance to see Aqua again it's going to have to include that dead weight dragging her down now. I'm hoping the training all happens offscreen, personally. My personal opinion is that the idea of her training with Aqua was only a way for Nomura to get rid of her and keep her offscreen in the first place, so I feel hopeful that we'll never have to see it.

BassDS

Awards
I don't want Aqua to be anything like Kairi. I only feel sorry that if we do get the chance to see Aqua again it's going to have to include that dead weight dragging her down now. I'm hoping the training all happens offscreen, personally. My personal opinion is that the idea of her training with Aqua was only a way for Nomura to get rid of her and keep her offscreen in the first place, so I feel hopeful that we'll never have to see it.
And yet the supposed dead weight is what kept everyone alive in the first place after the Demon Tide tore everything to hell and back by keeping Sora alive to save everyone from the Lich's grasp. Sure; whatever makes you feel better.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I was more referring to Kairi being uninteresting character-wise. I'm aware she has a plot use occasionally. I love Aqua and she is the series' most popular female character. I don't want her to become anything like the series' worst female character, jmo. I'd rather she didn't appear in KH again at all than be like Kairi. Aqua feels more like a real person whereas Kairi has always been like "The Girl."

BassDS

Awards
I was more referring to Kairi being uninteresting character-wise. I'm aware she has a plot use occasionally. I love Aqua and she is the series' most popular female character. I don't want her to become anything like the series' worst female character, jmo. I'd rather she didn't appear in KH again at all than be like Kairi. Aqua feels more like a real person whereas Kairi has always been like "The Girl."
I'm sorry, but that really sounds like a pessimistic way of looking at it. So what if Aqua is 'the most popular female character', she still has faults, training Kairi is no way drags her down whatsoever.

As for Kairi; she's honestly the more interesting character in the series, even more so than Sora.

Foxycian

Awards
I'm sorry, but that really sounds like a pessimistic way of looking at it. So what if Aqua is 'the most popular female character', she still has faults, training Kairi is no way drags her down whatsoever.

As for Kairi; she's honestly the more interesting character in the series, even more so than Sora.
I think what you mean is “she has the potential to be more interesting” kh1 Kairi was my favorite Girl and overall the best female character imo, but sadly not anymore, she lost that title for the lack of character development and screen time, but I still like her and believe she has the potential.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
If you needed another sign of how much they dropped the ball with her: Pluto's the closest thing she's got to a Disney companion & the mutt wasn't even in KH3.

Iqsmjue.jpeg

Swing

Awards
Kairi has never really interacted with anyone besides Sora and Axel. And with Axel, it never really felt like a very meaningful friendship. Kairi and Axel always seemed like two characters that are only together because they both know Sora. It is like you have a girlfriend and you have to hang out with her older brother, and both of you have nothing to say to each other. This is how Kairi and Axel feel when they are together.

But in general, the KH-cast always stays most of the time in their specific group. This is another thing KH has in common with the Sonic-series, a lot of the characters are separated into groups. Sonic for example has Team Sonic consisting of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. And then we have Team Dark consisting of Shadow, Rouge, and Omega. Rouge and Omega almost never interact with the members of Team Sonic, and Tails and Knuckles barely have something to do with Rouge and Omega. With KH it is kind of the same thing. Kairi never really interacts with anyone besides Sora, because the other groups are separated from hers. How can she really interact with anyone if she is forced to stay in her own group? And even in her group consisting of her, Sora, and Riku, she only really shares a word with Sora. Not much with Riku. I'm not even sure if she and Riku are even friends anymore.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If you needed another sign of how much they dropped the ball with her: Pluto's the closest thing she's got to a Disney companion & the mutt wasn't even in KH3.

Iqsmjue.jpeg
Well Pluto did show up at the ending when the Disney trio returned to Disney Castle. But yeah I've been wanting Kairi to team up with Pluto(or Minnie and Daisy) for so long.

Bet he would fight like Red XIII

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well Pluto did show up at the ending when the Disney trio returned to Disney Castle. But yeah I've been wanting Kairi to team up with Pluto(or Minnie and Daisy) for so long.

Bet he would fight like Red XIII
I suspect Pluto not allowed to be a fighter by Disney, which factors into his sporadic appearances. His friend card in RE:CoM is non-violent.

Back