• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About Kairi’s future role in the series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Megavoltage

Awards
This probably bleeds over with the worlds of Kingdom Hearts thread but since this is Kairi specific I think it fits here. What worlds would make for an interesting visit for the supposed Kairi/Aqua adventure? I was thinking The Incredibles might work since it has parents helping their children deal with the world of superheroics, the blue woman and pink girl aren't related but you can still use those parallels.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Kairi/Aqua isnt known to be an adventure, it is merely training for now. And we know from KH3 that training can consist 2-3 CGI cutscenes in a forest that don't feature any actual training, lore, or the subject matter of the Keyblade at all. So dont get too hyped about that.

IF it were an adventure, anything light themed and SACRIFICE themed. Another trip to Snow White's world for example. Even Hunchback could work.

Swing

Awards
This probably bleeds over with the worlds of Kingdom Hearts thread but since this is Kairi specific I think it fits here. What worlds would make for an interesting visit for the supposed Kairi/Aqua adventure?

Hard to say, since Kairi for most of the time treated as an item. We never really explored her as a character or her backstory that much. If she would go on her own adventure, she must grow as a character and be more independent. Similar to what Tails and Amy went through in Sonic Adventures. Kairi must visit Disney Worlds, where she gets more self-confidence and where characters teach her to fight her own battles and that she can't rely on Sora so much to rescue her.

Worlds like Mulan and Brave could work, since their stories are all about been yourself and fight for something you care about. Kairi could also need one or two partners with a lot of self-confidence. Daisy was always a character that fought back.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Kairi/Aqua = broke

Kairi/Donald/Goofy = woke

Kairi's never gonna grow in Aqua's shadow. Aqua herself isn't even really that impressive, it's actually kind of funny how hard she gets biffed in KH3. Eraqus is a bad teacher and she wants to be just like him. If we get a game with Kairi, Donald, and Goofy, she gets to see the two chad dads in action. Donald and Goofy were the only people who could do anything against Terranort.

Mostly, though, I just think a Kairi/Aqua game would be so fucking dry. I hate this half of the fandom that wants dry ass games about anime characters making effort noises and looking sadly at each other. Ironically it's the only stuff in KH I find to be embarrassing. KH is supposed to be cute

Megavoltage

Awards
Mostly, though, I just think a Kairi/Aqua game would be so fucking dry. I hate this half of the fandom that wants dry ass games about anime characters making effort noises and looking sadly at each other. Ironically it's the only stuff in KH I find to be embarrassing. KH is supposed to be cute
If we get a game with Kairi/Aqua it's not like they'd be alone together in a hole. They'd be traveling to worlds and interacting with Disney characters, you'd get cute moments and silly interactions.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
If we get a game with Kairi/Aqua it's not like they'd be alone together in a hole. They'd be traveling to worlds and interacting with Disney characters, you'd get cute moments and silly interactions.

We've already seen this dynamic attempted in BBS and DDD, to awful results. Terra, Aqua, and Riku (and Kairi) are way too serious. Ventus is the sauceless version of Sora who acts way too childish. Sora on his own is way less dynamic than in his trio, because he suddenly has to play all three roles, the thoughtful one, the headstrong one, and the funny one.

Donald and Goofy do so much heavy lifting in making scenes seem more organic, and they usually pose questions that steer Sora in the right direction. Anime characters on their own are too jarring in these Disney worlds. Donald and Goofy provide the gateway to make it more cohesive.

palizinhas

Awards
We've already seen this dynamic attempted in BBS and DDD, to awful results. Terra, Aqua, and Riku (and Kairi) are way too serious. Ventus is the sauceless version of Sora who acts way too childish. Sora on his own is way less dynamic than in his trio, because he suddenly has to play all three roles, the thoughtful one, the headstrong one, and the funny one.

Donald and Goofy do so much heavy lifting in making scenes seem more organic, and they usually pose questions that steer Sora in the right direction. Anime characters on their own are too jarring in these Disney worlds. Donald and Goofy provide the gateway to make it more cohesive.
I feel like a huge part of the problem is that they journey alone, though. Terra, Riku and Aqua in particular have the problem that they make these weird monologues aloud that are boring exposition with no levity. Kairi doesn't really have a fit personality within Disney worlds the way they do, though, and she could make Aqua loosen up a little.

I would definitely prefer to see Kairi get actual Disney partners (though maybe not exactly Donald and Goofy, as they'd probably talk about Sora all the time and Kairi needs to get away from only ever talking to people about Sora), but I feel like Aqua and Kairi could maybe be less boring than Aqua alone.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Kairi's problem is that she is kawaii uguu. Risa Uchida and Alyson Stoner both sound way too cutesy to play any kind of serious role in KH. And believe it or not Launchpad, but the Disney is supposed to lend to the KH, it doesn't exist in a vacuum where the Kh is supposed to lend to the Disney. Because of this factoid, Kaiiri just cannot blend into Disney. What would she talk about?

Oh it's so pretty. What's that over there? Heartless! Just the same as KH3 Sora.

BassDS

Awards
Kairi's problem is that she is kawaii uguu. Risa Uchida and Alyson Stoner both sound way too cutesy to play any kind of serious role in KH. And believe it or not Launchpad, but the Disney is supposed to lend to the KH, it doesn't exist in a vacuum where the Kh is supposed to lend to the Disney. Because of this factoid, Kaiiri just cannot blend into Disney. What would she talk about?

Oh it's so pretty. What's that over there? Heartless! Just the same as KH3 Sora.
You say that, and yet Sora and Riku blend in just fine; She could blend in just as well if you look hard enough and analyze all the aspects.

Voice actors can be serious when they need to, so don't discount Risa when she hasn't even had a chance of showing what she's capable of. That's just being hypocritical.

2 quid is good

Awards
I don't disagree, but if by some miracle the KH writing staff finds its chops again and pulls out a decent character arc for even just one of those characters, I definitely wouldn't mind it at all

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
This probably bleeds over with the worlds of Kingdom Hearts thread but since this is Kairi specific I think it fits here. What worlds would make for an interesting visit for the supposed Kairi/Aqua adventure? I was thinking The Incredibles might work since it has parents helping their children deal with the world of superheroics, the blue woman and pink girl aren't related but you can still use those parallels.
  • NeverLand - Aqua has history here and Peter became friends with Sora. I think it would be powerful to hear from Peter how Sora walked the plank then saved his friends, and that he wanted to bring Kairi back to NeverLand to fly with her. We can get a look at Kairi hearing how Sora was always thinking of her and push her to want to go on an adventure with Sora, making her sad that Xehanort always kept them apart.
  • Inside Out - Kairi/Aqua being "heroes" by saving Riley from running away would be a good lesson for Kairi to learn that being a "hero" is more than just brute force, but rather helping and listening to people - which Joy needs to do with Sadness. Kairi will also learn how she should embrace the sadness she has over losing Sora, instead of forcing herself to be happy.
  • Atlantica - Morgana can resurrect Ursula and they both plot to destroy Atlantica. Kairi and Aqua try to convince Ariel to return to the ocean to save Atlantica, but she doesn't want to lose her life on land. When Triton is brutally murdered on-screen, Ariel chooses to go back to the ocean with Kairi and Aqua to kill Ursula and Morgana. I really want a world where it's mainly female characters and Kairi/Aqua need to visit at least one form change world. Also, Kairi can hear about Ariel's adventures with Sora and visibly be jealous. ALSO, Kairi's PoH senses can reveal Ariel to be one.
  • Olympus Coliseum - Kairi and Aqua can enter the games to test Kairi's strength. During the tournament, Zack returns, severely possessed by darkness and completely different. Aqua is concerned for Zack, who she remembers asking her on a date and being so full of hope. It's revealed Hades was preparing a squad of powerful warriors to accompany him on a journey to kill Sora (after the events of KH3), and Zack was the leader. Aqua tries to save Zack, but he is too far gone in the darkness and eventually Hades kills him for being weak. Kairi and Aqua team up and defeat Hades, who realizes that Kairi is Sora's girlfriend. Hades says that he's heading back to the Underworld to make some new plans for Sora (suggesting he will either kill Kairi and/or do something to Sora in Quadratum).
  • Castle of Dreams - Aqua wants to check in with Cinderella and Kairi wants to talk to Cinderella about being a Princess of Heart. It turns out in the midst of the world being returned from darkness, the Fairy Godmother's wand dropped on the floor and the plot for A Twist in Time is what Aqua and Kairi stumbled upon. They help Cinderella (who joins as a party member with light magic) fix time, then Kairi is left to ponder whether Sora did the right thing by changing the timeline to save her. Cinderella reassures Kairi that unlike Lady Tremaine, Sora did it for love.
  • The Grid/Space Paranoids - Ansem The Wise and his servants discover the diskette for The Grid (it's working now that the world has been woken from its slumber). They decide to check for any data regarding Quadratum and how to save Sora. Aqua and Kairi volunteer to investigate by going into the computer. They join Tron as they dig deeper into the database, where they find Rinzler guarding something hidden. When they realize that Rinzler is an alternate version of Tron, the team are hesitant to kill him. After they do and get the information they need, they discover that Quadratum may continue "alternates" like Rinzler was to Tron. The team ponder if Sora may encounter his "alternate" and whether he should be killed.

Megavoltage

Awards
The Grid/Space Paranoids - Ansem The Wise and his servants discover the diskette for The Grid (it's working now that the world has been woken from its slumber). They decide to check for any data regarding Quadratum and how to save Sora. Aqua and Kairi volunteer to investigate by going into the computer. They join Tron as they dig deeper into the database, where they find Rinzler guarding something hidden. When they realize that Rinzler is an alternate version of Tron, the team are hesitant to kill him. After they do and get the information they need, they discover that Quadratum may continue "alternates" like Rinzler was to Tron. The team ponder if Sora may encounter his "alternate" and whether he should be killed.
The other world ideas were cool but this one I find the most interesting. Radiant Garden has so much potential that I’ll be greatly surprised if it’s not a world in the next game that takes place in the Realm of Light. Ansem and his crew have endless potential, Lea’s search for the missing woman, the Restoration Committee(skipped in vanilla KH3 but now Nomura knows people want them so hopefully they’ll be included more in future scripts), Stitch reunion, Uncle Scrooge trying to set up more businesses, and of course Space Paranoids. It will be wild having the two Tron worlds going at the same time. After DDD I think at least one more visit to The Grid is needed just to see how things settled after awaking and spending more time with the Tron franchise could answer some Encoder questions that this thread brings up: https://www.khinsider.com/forums/in...ow-quadratum-was-created.225203/#post-6616809

I bet Kevin, Sam, and Quorra would make for extra helpful comrades compared to most Disney friends, if we repeat anything similar to Recoded or having to find data in hearts they’d be the perfect team to lend a hand so a Tron revisit is almost essential. Do you think Kairi and Aqua would get along well with them? I wonder how Xion would feel about Quorra and Tron(s) with them being science creations that grew hearts, a more talented storyteller than I could do something interesting with that. And I just like the idea of getting to see more characters besides SDG in those snazzy Tron suits, that’s a fun plus. I’d be happy if the entire cast of guardians visited The Grid just so we could see what they’d look like, same thing with Christmas/Halloween Towns and Timeless River.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The other world ideas were cool but this one I find the most interesting. Radiant Garden has so much potential that I’ll be greatly surprised if it’s not a world in the next game that takes place in the Realm of Light. Ansem and his crew have endless potential, Lea’s search for the missing woman, the Restoration Committee(skipped in vanilla KH3 but now Nomura knows people want them so hopefully they’ll be included more in future scripts), Stitch reunion, Uncle Scrooge trying to set up more businesses, and of course Space Paranoids. It will be wild having the two Tron worlds going at the same time. After DDD I think at least one more visit to The Grid is needed just to see how things settled after awaking and spending more time with the Tron franchise could answer some Encoder questions that this thread brings up: https://www.khinsider.com/forums/in...ow-quadratum-was-created.225203/#post-6616809

I bet Kevin, Sam, and Quorra would make for extra helpful comrades compared to most Disney friends, if we repeat anything similar to Recoded or having to find data in hearts they’d be the perfect team to lend a hand so a Tron revisit is almost essential. Do you think Kairi and Aqua would get along well with them? I wonder how Xion would feel about Quorra and Tron(s) with them being science creations that grew hearts, a more talented storyteller than I could do something interesting with that. And I just like the idea of getting to see more characters besides SDG in those snazzy Tron suits, that’s a fun plus. I’d be happy if the entire cast of guardians visited The Grid just so we could see what they’d look like, same thing with Christmas/Halloween Towns and Timeless River.
I think that Kairi and Aqua will get along well with Quorra and Tron. I especially want to see Tron and Kairi interact.

Honestly, I feel like none of the other characters ever really got to visit Disney worlds and have the proper experience. The BbS worlds were like in-n-out in the blink of an eye. TAV barely got any interaction with characters, like Sora would on his full-fledged journey. Also, I feel like the "fun"/"out there" worlds are reserved for Sora. Having Aqua and Kairi visit Space Paranoids/The Grid would be so cool to give them an outfit change.

Now that I think about it, they can even do a throwback to 3D. Aqua can go to The Grid and Kairi go to Space Paranoids, then you alternate between the two to complete the world's story.

Megavoltage

Awards
Now that I think about it, they can even do a throwback to 3D. Aqua can go to The Grid and Kairi go to Space Paranoids, then you alternate between the two to complete the world's story.
Ohhhh! That’s perfect!

Because of all the characters and realms we have to play with now I bet duo quests like this will become common just so the writers can use this sandbox to its fullest potential. Like Team A visits a world in the Realm of Darkness/Realm of Light/Realm of Sleep/Datascape/Alternate Worldline/Fiction/Nonfiction/The Passed/The Future/Duplication and then in the same game Team B visits the same world but from a different reality angle with the two adventures meeting in the middle to somehow help out the forlorn world inhabitants. Like how DDD worked but on a multiverse scale instead of just dreams within dreams. We have so much stuff now, literally endless possibilities.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Step 1. MoM gets DLC expansion announced.
Step 2. New story in said DLC has Kari going to Disney worlds as part of her training.
Step 3. She starts training under Captain Shang in Land of Dragons.
Step 4. Be a Man is thus one of the new songs.

It's win/win.

Last edited:

Swing

Awards
Or... she just gets nothing. I'm sorry, but I think it is just way too late to develop her as a character. I mean, it took them over two decades to make her playable, and even then she was only playable in a few parts of a game. Heck, even in her own freaking game she wasn't allowed to defeat the final boss! What the actual, heck! No, I'm sorry, but Nomura has no real interest in developing her. MoM was his chance to do something with her, and he didn't!

Last edited:

Cumguardian69

Awards
Or... she just gets nothing. I'm sorry, but I think it is just way too late to develop her as a character. I mean, it took them over two decades to make playable, and even then she was only playable in a few parts of the game, not the whole. Heck, even in her own freaking game she wasn't allowed to defeat the final boss! What the actual, heck! No, I'm sorry, but Nomura has no real interest in developing. MoM was their chance to do something with her, and they didn't!
No pwease stop being pessimistic. Nomuwa stated that mom owiginawwy wasn't even supposed to be "hew" game, and that chewisee was supposed to be da game's nawwatow. Thewe ish stiww a huge potentiaw fow kaiwi to be a decent if not gweat chawactew (which imo she actuawwy ish, especiawwy if u wook at hew chawactewization in kh3). Pwease dun give up hope fow ouw favowite scawwet haiwed pwotagonist! she needs youw thoughts, pwayews, and stwength in owdew to weach riku and sowa's wevew in kh4!

No please stop being pessimistic. Nomura stated that MoM originally wasn't even supposed to be "her" game, and that Chewisee was supposed to be the game's narrator. There is still a huge potential for Kairi to be a decent if not great character (which IMO she actually is, especially if you look at her characterization in KH3). Please don't give up hope for our favorite scarlet haired protagonist! She needs your thoughts, prayers, and strength in order to reach Riku and Sora's level in KH4!

Last edited:

Dark Rot

Awards
I used to think she was cool, but she felt so hollow in KH3. It's almost like no matter how significant her role is in the future, it's gonna feel perfunctory.
If the story were to reboot, even if Sora and Riku returned (or characters made in their vein) I'd rather a new heroine. Someone wise/cool with stuff to do

Back