• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Music ► About diversity.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
I've only recently started to gather separate songs from different artists into my music library. Before, I'd religiously listen to only a handful of bands and artists and barely anything outside of their albums.

So yeah I started to wonder about this, and I want to know if you guys only listen to songs from specific artists or take whatever you like the sound of and listen to all kinds of random stuff. Or maybe a mixture of both?

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
I go through phases. When I'm feeling adventurous, I'll usually try to get my hands on as many new singles as possible (usually via Spinner), and that introduces me to a lot of new sounds, but I rarely bother to seriously delve into a new discography no matter how much I like a single (mostly out of laziness, but Spotify's been helping me quell that). Last.fm can be helpful, too, with their artist recommendations (and the radio, I guess, but I never use that lol), but those can be sort of hit and miss more often than not.

Otherwise, I'm usually just nursing obsessions within the comfort of my own library—which is where I'm at right now. At the moment, I'm really into Chairlift's Something. *0*

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
My playlist typically goes through constant cycling. As I find new albums/singles that I like, they'll replace older albums/singles that I listen to currently. Of course, I'll go back and listen to past stuff that I like, but not as frequently. And honestly, I'd say that the ratio of familiar artists to new artists is probably something like 70-30 (maybe 65-35).

Yeah, I definitely go in cycles. It really depends on the season; generally the time of the year when I get into an artist will be the time of year that I listen to them. Of course, there are groups that last longer and are more constant; there are some that I never go back to, I suppose. But it's always shifting.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Man I'm all about diversity with my music. Thousands of songs, ranging between every conceivable genre. One of my favorite things to do is just put my iTunes on shuffle, and see what I get. It's always interesting purely because of the range of genres. But when I do get moods for something specific, it's usually just as a result of not listening to it for a while. If I go too long without metal, I go metal crazy for about a week. So on and so forth.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I'd like to think my tastes are reasonably diverse (though i definitely like certain genres more than others). I usually go through phases, where I just listen to my current library for several months, and then I'll get bored of all my music and go on a spree to find more (through last.fm or just asking friends with similar preferences). rinse repeat

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
In general, I like music that's fast paced, harmonious, melodic and instrumental. It kinda makes me picky when it comes to listening to new artists. For the most part, I like rock but generally learn toward metal/heavy metal. When it comes to instrumental music, I love listening to the violin and piano.

Yeah, like previous members have mentioned, the music I listen to all depends on the current mood I'm in. I used to be in a "metal" mood where I'd listen to was vein popping ear shattering screaming vocals. Currently, I'm trying to broaden my tastes by listening to "softer" music. I use last.fm, Pandora, or even stumble upon songs through AMV's on YouTube.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I rarely ever listen to specific bands or artists. I'm mostly into soundtracks from various movies, video games, anime, etc. It's hard for me to like a song unless I can associate it with something that I'm into. As such, except in the case of anime openings/closings, most of what I listen to is instrumental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back