• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ability Equip Guide?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dclone

Pardon me if this has posted, (I didn't see one stickied) but is there a guide anywhere for which abilities to have equipped for particular bosses? I know some people will turn certain abilities on or off, like combo pluses or negative combos or whatnot. Also, I see certain accessories like ribbons or others put on or off as well. Mostly, this applies to all the Organization Data, Lingering Will or the Mushroom XIII. Which ones should always be on?

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'ma tell you what should always be off for any hard boss fight: Dodge Slash.
This is like the worst "cool looking" ability of them all, because it causes the enemy to break out of your combo (especially Sephiroth and such). Just...don't use it.
Otherwise, it heavily depends on your skill, level, difficulty and playing style, that's why there are hardly any lists or guides on that.

halfmango

Awards
I'ma tell you what should always be off for any hard boss fight: Dodge Slash.
This is like the worst "cool looking" ability of them all, because it causes the enemy to break out of your combo (especially Sephiroth and such). Just...don't use it.
Otherwise, it heavily depends on your skill, level, difficulty and playing style, that's why there are hardly any lists or guides on that.

Lol, everybody hates dodgeslash. CUZITSUXLOLOL
It does suck tho lol
And sticking to the main topic, it really depends on the boss. Some bosses need you to have longer combos, others need you dealing damages in bursts with short combos. Of course, just about any build is okay for any boss under the condition the player has enough controlling skill.
Though if not obvious enough, the two skills that make sure you don't die with 1 hit (second chance and once more, I believe?) are important beyond comprehension. Captain obvious this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back