• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Void To Fill

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

[spoiler="The right time?" What do you mean?]“Something’s gonna happen real soon. Ain’t telling what, but I can feel it these old bones of mine. There’s gonna be one hell of a show for us."[/spoiler]

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Argenteus

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Only complaint is to remove the vibration sensors on the equipment in the city. Might sound minor, but that's the only thing that nags at me. I also trust that if your character gets into a fight (not one where you'll obviously win to show off John's power) to not go over the top immediately destroy or otherwise incapacitate the other characters.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
What's the technology level of Helios? (Poverty aside) Is it modern, or is it a pseudo-mediveal setting? The description made it sound like the latter. There's a reason I'm asking. ^_^

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
That could totally work. I mentioned in the opening post about a forest area that was west of the city. Who's to say there wasn't a robot chilling out there before coming into the city?

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
That could totally work. I mentioned in the opening post about a forest area that was west of the city. Who's to say there wasn't a robot chilling out there before coming into the city?

Oh, ok. I guess my worries of a genre-clash were un-founded. I know you said it was open-ended, but in the words of Spoony: "There's suspension of disbelief then there's GTFO." Just needed to be sure I wasn't over the top.

In that case, I should have a temp. within a day. :D

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Yeah, don't worry about it. I was actually expecting an angel temp or something because I kept mentioning gods and stuff, so a robot ain't nothing to worry about.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'll finish this a little while. :D

Name
: (Automaton)

Age: (Does not apply, physically appears in it's late 20's.)

Appearance: (http://oi44.tinypic.com/1zg9c08.jpg)
The android was modeled after a costume-wearer at a group meeting it's creator had attended. It's most defining feature is it's extravagant cape-suit, which distinguishes it not just from the monsters of the forest, but from almost any citizen in Helios. One can only wonder why such striking visuals were chosen. Perhaps the suit is designed with more than decoration in mind.....

Personality: The Automaton can be described in one label as a "husk." It lacks a drive or a proper purpose, resigned to merely wandering the forests. While the robot isn't aggressive, it is more than eager to defend itself against creatures of the night. Now that it has entered Helios, it is going through what one could call a "culture shock." New interactions and the surfacing of emotions bar any logic the husk could muster obsolete.

New sub-routines have been going active since entering Helios. Automaton is beginning to do things it would never consider doing, taking note of frivolities, interacting with the citizenry. One could even go so far as to say that Automaton is developing a self-awareness.

As a side-note: The name John seems to cause it to instinctively draw it's weapon....

Weapon of Choice: The Automaton makes use of a massive four-bladed sword-like weapon to slice it's opponents. While the weapon's size makes it somewhat slow, it's range is superior to anything other than a bow or gun, and can be used as a crushing object if slammed with enough force. The android's strength allows it to wield it with both one and two hands, with differing styles to accommodate. That doesn't make the weapon any less heavy though; as very few ordinary humans could lift it at all.

Battle Style: The Automaton prefers an upfront approach to battle; using it's slicing weapon to deal damage. This helps it out in the forest, where almost every monster, despite their unison, lack higher thinking processes. Thus, outmaneuvering and counter-attacking the opponent is a vital asset to the Automaton. While the Automaton has high strength and endurance, it's agility lacks due to it's weapon; and it is still learning about Magic.

Abilities:

* Limiters: If pushed to the brink of defeat, (Reduced to ten percent structural integrity) the Automaton is automatically programmed to release any and all limiters, increasing it's strength and endurance for a final stand. In all other circumstances, this sub-routine is locked to all, even the Automaton itself, making it a purely last-resort ability.
* Heavy Hacking Resistance: The android's A.I. is designed with many fail-safes. While having a singular base, sub-routines and firewalls continuously scramble and integrate in an effort to prevent conventional hackers from taking control of the robot. While it isn't impossible, only high-level hackers would have so much as a chance at it.

Short History: (I know I chewed off your ear, but don’t do the same to me. Just give me at least a paragraph of who you are and what you’ve been doing.)

Other: (Anything else you got)

Sample Paragraph: (Give me a short paragraph or two of your average day in the city. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, just something to show off your character.)

Argenteus

Only complaint is to remove the vibration sensors on the equipment in the city. Might sound minor, but that's the only thing that nags at me. I also trust that if your character gets into a fight (not one where you'll obviously win to show off John's power) to not go over the top immediately destroy or otherwise incapacitate the other characters.

OK, can I leave the cameras though? You did mention he seems to be able to watch the entire city.

The profile is done now, with the cameras still there. I can remove them if you want.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back