• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Villian Return Confirmed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROKU-SHI

Banned
According to HMK's latest video, Randall Boggs is confirmed to appear.

Now, how could this work if he was banished in the movie? If he appears then more likely Mr Waternoose could appear too.

Maybe something to do with Time travel? or something to do with Vanitas

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
On top of that, villains returning may be a recurring trope in this game (13 Seekers, Shadow Baymax to a degree, etc.), so Randall's story could fit within the larger narrative.

ghostwarmen

Awards
It could be as simple as Maleficent and Pete showing up in the world, and Pete noticing the smashed door. Maleficent then uses magic to repair it and Randall bursts through vowing revenge, and then they aid him.

I am absolutely hyped he's in though. Randall was my childhood, I loved Monsters Inc to death and watched his scenes specifically over and over. I loved how he looked, how he sounded, and how he was animated, definitely one of my favorite villains. Him being in really brings out the nostalgia for me, and the idea of beating him up just excites me. This game is really, REALLY, shaping to be something very special, and I could not be anymore excited!!!!!

Aramagon

Awards
It could be as simple as Maleficent and Pete showing up in the world, and Pete noticing the smashed door. Maleficent then uses magic to repair it and Randall bursts through vowing revenge, and then they aid him.

I am absolutely hyped he's in though. Randall was my childhood, I loved Monsters Inc to death and watched his scenes specifically over and over. I loved how he looked, how he sounded, and how he was animated, definitely one of my favorite villains. Him being in really brings out the nostalgia for me, and the idea of beating him up just excites me. This game is really, REALLY, shaping to be something very special, and I could not be anymore excited!!!!!
Let's just hope he doesn't get CLU/Evil Queen/Frollo'd, and he's in fact a boss fight. He does seem far more capable of fighting than those last two at least, so I don't worry too much.
Other than that I agree. Randall is also one of my favorite Disney/Pixar Villains ever, and I'm SO excited to know he's appearing!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So unless I missed something Randall wasn't shown in today's trailer. Was HMK the only one to claim seeing him?

ghostwarmen

Awards
So unless I missed something Randall wasn't shown in today's trailer. Was HMK the only one to claim seeing him?
No, others have seen him, and in his video the others pointed it out as well when HMK couldn't remember his name. And if you watch TGJ reaction to that orchestra trailer, you can hear Sulley talking and then a faint laughter which sounds like Randall. I can even faintly make out the sound he makes when he turns in and out of invisibility.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
No, others have seen him, and in his video the others pointed it out as well when HMK couldn't remember his name. And if you watch TGJ reaction to that orchestra trailer, you can hear Sulley talking and then a faint laughter which sounds like Randall. I can even faintly make out the sound he makes when he turns in and out of invisibility.

Ok cool, thanks for telling me that. I was concerned for a moment

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
He turned invisible & snuck back in. Simple enough for me.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
It would be easy for Randall to find another door to enter the monster world, just like Mike and Sully did. I wonder if Steve Buschemi will return as the voice for Randall? I really liked the character as a villain and his ability to go invisible is reminiscent of some older enemies (Stealth Sneak and Illuminator).

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Wait, are we sure that the Monsters Inc world doesn't take place during the film itself and not after the events of the film?
Tasha Sounart confirmed that the story is original and taking place after the events off the film.
Monster's Inc. world following an original plot

Even Halloween Town from The Nightmare Before Christmas in both the first and second games largely had an original story with the former taking place before the events of the movie and the latter taking place after the film's events.

Also, I'm still perplexed to know why the majority of you are jumping the gun saying that this world is following the films plot, Pixar had said (according to Nomura in an interview at D23 2017 regarding the Toy Story world) that the worlds based on their films need to have an original story that are exclusive to KH and fit somewhere within the film's timeline (e.g. Toy Box story taking place between the events of Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3), instead of retelling the film's plot with Sora, Donald and Goofy there. I would like to point out a few things here that the story for the Monsters Inc. world is not retelling the plot of the film:

1. When Sulley and Mike Wazowski first met Boo (sans Costume), the former at the factory and the latter at the restaurant both of them were initially scared of her until they warm up to her once they reach their apartment

[video=youtube;CKsAhkVxd1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKsAhkVxd1A[/video]

2. Boo largely remained in her Monster Costume throughout the film until the film's climax where they try to trick Mr. Waternoose.

3. I doubt this is before the event's of the epilogue because Boo's door was shredded by the CDA so that she will never invade the Monster World again. It wasn't until by the end of the movie that Mike had to rebuild Boo's Door with Sulley putting in the missing piece that wasn't shredded and he was reunited with her, which is where the event's of the Monster's Inc. story in III will begin.

[video=youtube;92UI5bpG8oc?t=2m42s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92UI5bpG8oc?t=2m42s[/video]

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
A very delayed response but we, at the concert, saw Randall.

The gang, including Sulley, Mike, and Boo, ran out of Boo's door into a factory. The door slammed shut, and Randall's eyes and mouth appeared out of thin air. He then revealed his body and said something but everyone was screaming so it was hard to hear what he said.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
While I’m only using Google Translate, the Japanese website for KH3 confirms Randall in the world description of Monstropolis. It seems to say that Randall causes a riot in the factory. I think he will be the one somewhat leading the Unversed and Vanitas will appear after we defeat him.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
A very delayed response but we, at the concert, saw Randall.

The gang, including Sulley, Mike, and Boo, ran out of Boo's door into a factory. The door slammed shut, and Randall's eyes and mouth appeared out of thin air. He then revealed his body and said something but everyone was screaming so it was hard to hear what he said.

From what I heard during Gamersjoint's reaction video after Sulley said: "Something Feels Wrong" Sora, Donald, Goofy, and presumably Sulley, Mike, and Boo reacted on Randall appearing to which he responded "Who Cares".

That's all I could infer from the excited crowd.

Hope we get to see that scene in the next KH3 trailer at either AX, Sydney Orchestra or Tokyo Game Show, particularly the latter.

sephydark

Awards
Nice to see more public confirmation that Randall's coming back! I hope we get a nice boss fight with him using invisibility mechanics.

I'm thinking that the Unversed arrive with Vanitas, but Randall will opportunistically use them to help further his own goals.

jgoldman76

My hopes is that he uses his invisibility mechanic and goes through a door and takes out Clayton from Tarzan and then Clayton tries to ride Randal and then it’s both a throwback to KH1 and bad slash.

Perkilator

Awards
What if Randall slowly turns into an Unversed during the course of the world, and then near the end his Unversed self shows completely? Just a little thought I had.

KeybladeGuy

Awards
The Rock Titan (and likely the other ones), Randall, Davy Jones, and Original Dark Baymax. Yeah, this game has no Disney bosses.

ghostwarmen

Awards
The Rock Titan (and likely the other ones), Randall, Davy Jones, and Original Dark Baymax. Yeah, this game has no Disney bosses.
What? We don’t even know all the worlds yet, plus Gothel and Hans could easily be bosses as well as Hades. I was worried about Disney bosses once, but I have no doubt we’ll be getting plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back