• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► A very sad time

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
So, over the last week and a half or so, my dog got increasingly ill. He just stopped eating one day, but continued to vomit daily. We took him to the vets, and were told that he had high levels of toxin in his kidneys, causing them to fail. So, we left him at the veterinary hospital for two nights, hooked up to an IV pump to try and flush the toxins out. Well, it didn't work, and on Saturday we were told that there wasn't any hope of curing him.

So we took him home for the weekend, and attempted to spoil him, but he was still not eating (our dog loved to eat). Then, today at 3:30, my mother and sister took him back to the vet's, where he was put down.

Why am I typing all this? I don't know. I just know that I'll no longer have anybody waiting for me when I get home after school, nobody to come running to the kitchen when I start making a sandwich, and nobody to bark over and over until he got to go outside at 12 at night. I keep looking over my shoulder, into the hall at his favourite place to sleep, hoping he'll be there, but he isn't.

Kingdom2917

Im so cool, I can STILL receive rep
Website
www.myspace.com
I had my dog put to sleep to, and belive me its helps to talk to others about it. Well I didn't have the exact same thing happen to me, cause I had a cat still, but we had to put him down a couple weeks after, he was 17 in human years so, pretty old. Well after 3 months we decided to go back to the vets, and they had a dog that looked exactly like my dads dog when he was a kid, so we ended up adoptting a new dog.

Honky Sam

lol sup
Awards
My old dog, Ally, had cancer, its kindof like what your talking about, BB, so, once we found out, we went and got a new puppy, maggie, that was around 6 years ago, we just put Ally down, at the vet, I didnt even know until I got home from school. Our dogs now, are crap compared to Ally, Ally, could go to the stream, take a 'bath' and walk back, with out us getting worried, my dogs now, when they get out, we have to keep them in the fence. Well, there really stubborn so there 'untrainable'. Anyways, I know how you feel BB.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
I know how you feel.. I lost my dog, and she was my best friend. She always there when I need her.. The only one who could cheer me up when was having a bad day.. I could sit and play with her all day and never get tired..

I mean its sad, when your best friend is no longer there..

Sorry man

Agoraphobia

beautiful days
Awards
Wow, that made me tear up. I'm really sorry about that...

I had a puppy once, her name was wiggles. I got her when I was just a boy(4-6 years old.) I was so happy when school was over because she would always run up and gnaw on my pant leg trying to get me to come inside, she was there when I was sad or mad and she was really playful...She died when I was 13...I miss her a lot..

Again, sorry BB.

Cicero

Visionary
I'm going through the same thing now.. My dog is ill too. It started a few months ago when he ate a trown away lunch.. He started acting weird and there were pieces of a wooden stick when he vomited.. The situation worsened and worsened because there was still some wood in him.. Eventualy he had an operation, which failed. The man was unable to remove the stick and Sam's long failed on him during the operation, so another one followed. He survived, but the operation wasn't a real suces, the wood was still in him. He regained some of his old self in the days after but his weight kept going down.

And then it started all over again, but the vet told us we just needed to give him some painkillers and hope for the best. My mom wasn't happy with that so she went to another vet for a second opninion. This one sended her and the dog to a clinic right away, for yet another operation. This one suceeded, the wood is out of it's body, it was a small stick of at least 15 cm long.. Sam (my dog) is still in the clinic and I have yet to hear if he will eventualy make it..

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
So, over the last week and a half or so, my dog got increasingly ill. He just stopped eating one day, but continued to vomit daily. We took him to the vets, and were told that he had high levels of toxin in his kidneys, causing them to fail. So, we left him at the veterinary hospital for two nights, hooked up to an IV pump to try and flush the toxins out. Well, it didn't work, and on Saturday we were told that there wasn't any hope of curing him.

So we took him home for the weekend, and attempted to spoil him, but he was still not eating (our dog loved to eat). Then, today at 3:30, my mother and sister took him back to the vet's, where he was put down.

Why am I typing all this? I don't know. I just know that I'll no longer have anybody waiting for me when I get home after school, nobody to come running to the kitchen when I start making a sandwich, and nobody to bark over and over until he got to go outside at 12 at night. I keep looking over my shoulder, into the hall at his favourite place to sleep, hoping he'll be there, but he isn't.

I can't stand imagining myself doing the same thing when my chihuahua's gone. My chihuahua's old, like 13 years old. I look forward to at least a couple more years with her but I dont know if that'll last. I loooove my chihuhua. I get sad if I even imagine what I'd do if she wasn't around.

If you need anyone to talk to, hit me up with an IM. <3

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com
I really do wish I could say I know how you feel, but I've never had a pet. But do know that you have my condolences, more than anyone you should know that. I wish there was more I could say, but I can't think of anything since I don't know the situation or could imagine it. But just so you know, I'm thinking about you.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
When you talked about it in the mod section, I kinda figured it'd get better. I'm sorry it didn't. I'm kind of in the same situation. My dog hasn't eaten a lot the past two weeks either. She only ate the softer kind of food lately, but she refuses to eat that as well the past couple of days. The past year she's also had some trouble standing up, but aside from me having to help her up every now and then, that didn't form too much of a problem. However the past couple of days she hasn't been able to get up at all, and whenever she wants to drink (she does drink a lot of water) I even have to help lift her head.

We have an appointment with the vet soon, but even if she lasts until then, I'm scared that she'll have to be put down anyway. She's already over 15 years old, while Golden Retrievers usually only last 10-12 years. I guess I should feel lucky that she lived so long, but I'd rather keep her for a bit longer, and if she has to die, preferrably just at home in her sleep, not cause of starvation or because of a needle.

She was one of the few things I could rely on the past couple of years, due to personal circumstances. So soon I'll probably face the same problem, not being able to be emo and tell her my problems, not having her around anymore. Seeing as how I've had her for 14 out of those 15 years, her death will come as a punch in the face.

Anyway, I somewhat know what it feels like. If you ever feel like being emo sometime, you know I have no life, so you can find me on AIM.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
That's so sad... ;_;
This happened to my teacher recently.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
Thanks everybody.

You guys are lucky to have such old dogs (in the sense that you've had them for so long). My dog was 8, almost 9. Normal life expectancy for shelties is 12 or 13 years, I think.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Sorry to hear that about your dog, I've never had a pet myself, but I know how they become a huge part of your lives.

I know you'll miss your dog a lot, and it'll be hard without him at first, but he isn't in pain anymore. He won't be suffering. Try to remember the happy times you've spent together, and be glad he's no longer in pain.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
*Showers with subliminal pity messages*

Really, people can easily get more attached to a dog than a person. Pretty much any dog (Unless you raise it otherwise) will love you unconditionally. Really, not only did your dog die, but a part of you. Whether you consider a dog as a child, pet, or a part of yourself, it still greatly affects you. Though, I can't say I have the experience with dogs (My oldest dog is nearly 14 years old and she's only just barely started losing her hearing.) It'll take some time, but eventually you'll overcome your grief.

After a while, you'll probably want another dog. Not to necessarily 'replace' your old one, but after you come over the grief (eventually) you'll realize what a great experience it is to have a dog.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com

Why are you typing this? It's simple, because your dog meant something to you. You wish to share it with others.

Stuff like this has happened many times to me, what with failed litters of kittens and a dog breeding kennel when I was but a wee one. I grew up surrounded by animals. It never really became any easier to deal with.

Soraroxrikusux05

well, you can continue to grieve on about your dog's loss, or you can get another dog to raise. i know no other dog can be exactly like he was, but if you really put your heart into raising him you'll like him and he can help your sadness. it's worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back