• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A treat for those of you wondering why all the dumb shit happens in America

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...claim-that-water-can-prevent-dehydration.html

internet-memes-im-hoping-for-troll.jpg

They've barred them from claiming that water prevents hydration.
Seriously guys?

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
This is the first time I hear anything about this. And I read my damn papers and watch the news.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Let's not put all our time and effort into rescuing the Eurozone, why don't we put all that into researching water instead.

Awards
I once got really thirsty while playing a game of baseball so I drunk some water and then wasn't thirsty anymore. True story.

Seriously though, this is the definition of arguing semantics.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I once got really thirsty while playing a game of baseball so I drunk some water and then wasn't thirsty anymore. True story.
YOU WEREN'T RE-HYDRATED, BOY

YOU JUST GOT MOUTH-MOISTURISED IS ALL

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Since we're on the subject of water, does Europe put fluoride in tap water too or is that just an American thing?

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
this kind of stupid is something i expect to happen in South Park, not in the real world.

Awards
It's not saying water does nothing to get water back in the body; it's saying that dehydration is often caused by a physical problem or something of the like that water may not help. And that bottled water isn't the only way to rehydrate, do making the claim in an effort to make it seem super special because of that isn't exactly completely right... Or something.

I don't know, maybe I'm misunderstanding it, but I don't think it's saying that water doesn't rehydrate. If I'm wrong, I'll happily admit it. Wouldn't be the first time. <3

On the topic of the article, what's this about bent bananas and curved cucumbers?

Alaude Drenxta

I did not know that you still came to this site, Alaude.

As for the topic....why? Just why?

I stop in once in a while.

As for why, I really couldn't tell you. It just seemed so inane and inconsequential in the wake of an economic pitfall that it needed to be known that THIS is what they're spending their time on.

Admittedly, it is hardly the responsibility of the NHS to fix the economy, but I don't even want to know how much they spent to accumulate, compile, and fact check their findings. Who approved this budget? Probably the same guy who approved this;

http://www.eubusiness.com/news-eu/climate-warming.hvm

Not only is this seriously not the best time for a government bailout of green policy failures, but how the hell can they afford this?

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
^ Well, not really. You assume all their efforts are going into water research when you need to realise this was a small team working on the project and that the EU is not pushing all its resources into determining whether water truly rehydrates you or not. It's not 'dumb' and certainly not on the scale of the things that go on in American politics where some politicians say stupidly baffling things. The EU is a large conglomerate of countries and this is but a tiny mark on their agenda. They do other things as well, you know. I'm sure the US has its fair share of science research projects going on, too.

Shawty

Awards
Okay, this just makes no sense. I see no point in this, at all. Honestly the EU should focus on other things that really need to be fixed, we're going through pretty rough times and they focus on things like this, why? But then again, we live in a world where stupidity is taking over these days, and that happens everywhere guys. Not only in the US.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
beloved said:
Enlightening news, is it not comrades? Now we can confirm what we always knew: all liquids are equal, and drinking sulfuric acid is just as beneficial [as] drinking water!

I laughed hard at this one.

What Shawty just said makes me think that most places are getting like this. I mean, we've got some pressing matters here in the US and the folks in DC are worried about online piracy and the like.

But hey, a small part of me is just happy that for once it's not something directly from America for once.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
ahaha look at all those skinny euros who eat healthy food!! those fools

Alaude Drenxta

^ Well, not really. You assume all their efforts are going into water research when you need to realise this was a small team working on the project and that the EU is not pushing all its resources into determining whether water truly rehydrates you or not. It's not 'dumb' and certainly not on the scale of the things that go on in American politics where some politicians say stupidly baffling things. The EU is a large conglomerate of countries and this is but a tiny mark on their agenda. They do other things as well, you know. I'm sure the US has its fair share of science research projects going on, too.

Were you talking to me?

If so, there's no need to get so defensive. You can admit fault once in a while, it isn't like you're personally responsible for it.

Also, even small teams eat up budgets much larger than they need when doing research, it isn't a simple think tank in a conference room. If it were, their credibility would be zip and no one would listen to a word they said ever again.

Also, it's exactly the same scale, and if that wounds your ego I'm sorry, but everyone else is just as likely to say stupid things as an American organization, they just tend not to let it get a lot of public viewership. By the way, who said the EU? This was the UK, and America never said that water doesn't prevent dehydration.

Kindly calm your tits.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
It's not saying water does nothing to get water back in the body; it's saying that dehydration is often caused by a physical problem or something of the like that water may not help. And that bottled water isn't the only way to rehydrate, do making the claim in an effort to make it seem super special because of that isn't exactly completely right... Or something.

I don't know, maybe I'm misunderstanding it, but I don't think it's saying that water doesn't rehydrate. If I'm wrong, I'll happily admit it. Wouldn't be the first time. <3

On the topic of the article, what's this about bent bananas and curved cucumbers?
It's saying that drinking water doesn't prevent dehydration. As in, you can drink water and be hydrated from that but it doesn't prevent you from getting dehydrated. It's a matter of semantics, really. But people are stupid enough to not comprehend the difference. It's just that dehydration can be caused by a variety of things (diuretics, for one) and water is not always able to stop it.

It's the same thing with sports drinks that have electrolytes. You can't say that they "prevent dehydration" but you can say they allow you "rehydrate faster".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back