• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A thought

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blank points

Awards
Hello everyone. Been a really long time since I created a thread, but I was wondering if this was discussed before.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

So what do you guys think of this?

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Hmm, interesting thought. I don't think it's been confirmed that Terranort already split himself by this point, since time goes by so fast in the realm of darkness that that scene could have easily happened before Ansem and Xemnas were created (in fact, it probably did). However, I think him talking to the armor makes perfect sense if it happened before Terranort was split, since he talks to the armor about the chamber itself, meaning he knew about it prior. Maybe the person he's talking to really is just Aqua's armor, and he uses that room as a private room and pretends to "talk" to her. I personally interpreted the scene post-0.2 as Terranort simply confirming how much of Terra is still present in Xemnas, and the scene with Terranort pretty much confirmed that Xemnas didn't really miss Aqua at all, and that he simply was just "interrogating" the armor in some desperate attempt to get more out of her somehow, which he knew he wouldn't be able to do in the way he did before.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Hmm, interesting thought. I don't think it's been confirmed that Terranort already split himself by this point, since time goes by so fast in the realm of darkness that that scene could have easily happened before Ansem and Xemnas were created (in fact, it probably did). However, I think him talking to the armor makes perfect sense if it happened before Terranort was split, since he talks to the armor about the chamber itself, meaning he knew about it prior. Maybe the person he's talking to really is just Aqua's armor, and he uses that room as a private room and pretends to "talk" to her. I personally interpreted the scene post-0.2 as Terranort simply confirming how much of Terra is still present in Xemnas, and the scene with Terranort pretty much confirmed that Xemnas didn't really miss Aqua at all, and that he simply was just "interrogating" the armor in some desperate attempt to get more out of her somehow, which he knew he wouldn't be able to do in the way he did before.

While it has not been confirmed it is almost impossible logic-wise for Terra-Xehanort not having split already because of the destroyed worlds Aqua is wandering. It happens shortly before or during KH 1 and the split took place already one year after BBS, which is nine years before KH 1.
Destroyed worlds being there also requires Ansem, Seeker of Darkness being in existence as he leads the Heartless legions who destroy the worlds (Maleficent thinks she's in charge but in reality Ansem SoD is pulling the strings from behind the scenes as Mr. Robe-guy).

The chamber of Repose was, according to Xigbar in the extra scenes of KH 2 FM, constructed by Xemnas shortly after they banished Ansem the Wise and reopened the secret laboratory.
Xehanort and Xemnas know about the Chamber of Waking (and most likely also its general purpose) but they do not know that Ventus is hidden there, that they only learn when they trick Aqua into revealing more information by "piggybacking" yet again on Terra.

So, that being said, I bet you'll bring up the issue as to why the heck do we see Terra-Xehanort then?
Well, Aqua does not know what Xemnas looks like, she only has memories of Terra-Xehanort and hence Xehanort/Xemnas appears to her as Terra-Xehanort.
Terra actually explains this earlier in their conversation:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

blank points

Awards
Huh. I did not even consider those points. Beginning to wonder if we are onto something with this.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
That's funny, a friend of mine and I came to the same conclusion just yesterday. That one time we see Xemnas talking to the armor apparently isn't the only time, and according to Xigbar, he actually goes off and does it a lot, all in attempt to find the other "friend," Ventus.

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
While it has not been confirmed it is almost impossible logic-wise for Terra-Xehanort not having split already because of the destroyed worlds Aqua is wandering. It happens shortly before or during KH 1 and the split took place already one year after BBS, which is nine years before KH 1.
Destroyed worlds being there also requires Ansem, Seeker of Darkness being in existence as he leads the Heartless legions who destroy the worlds (Maleficent thinks she's in charge but in reality Ansem SoD is pulling the strings from behind the scenes as Mr. Robe-guy).

The chamber of Repose was, according to Xigbar in the extra scenes of KH 2 FM, constructed by Xemnas shortly after they banished Ansem the Wise and reopened the secret laboratory.
Xehanort and Xemnas know about the Chamber of Waking (and most likely also its general purpose) but they do not know that Ventus is hidden there, that they only learn when they trick Aqua into revealing more information by "piggybacking" yet again on Terra.

So, that being said, I bet you'll bring up the issue as to why the heck do we see Terra-Xehanort then?
Well, Aqua does not know what Xemnas looks like, she only has memories of Terra-Xehanort and hence Xehanort/Xemnas appears to her as Terra-Xehanort.
Terra actually explains this earlier in their conversation:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ah, you're right. My bad. He did say that aqua is only seeing what she remembers of him after all, so it'd make sense since she doesn't know Xemnas exists or what he looks like (i loved the detail of Terra essentially being unable to see anything as well).

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I guess it worthy to consider that Terra manages to interrupt "Terranort" as he is about to say his name, maybe he would even called himself Xemnas at that point? Or it was just symbolism showing that Xehanort does not own Terra`s body(not letting him say his name while occupying his body) and that he is going to keep fighting to his last breath.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I guess it worthy to consider that Terra manages to interrupt "Terranort" as he is about to say his name, maybe he would even called himself Xemnas at that point? Or it was just symbolism showing that Xehanort does not own Terra`s body(not letting him say his name while occupying his body) and that he is going to keep fighting to his last breath.

By this point I've stopped thinking about the scene as of where it falls in the timeline and just started to immerse myself in the gravitas of the situation. If you simply think of the scene as an extension of their struggle in Blank Points, it really serves to function as a giver of hope, that Terra never really lost the ability to fight and think for his own self. The scene, if you think about it this way, is a way for the players of the game to simply know that The Lingering Will is still fighting to take his life back, and that Xehanort's influence, however empowering, can be broken one day, and that the day will come where this hero is going to return to the front lines to fight. I always thought of it as less about Xehanort's schemes or Aqua's plight and more about Terra's eventual victory over Xehanort, and that gives me hope for III. Also, I know this time we saw him as a spirit form of his original self, but please, Square, PLEASE give us one more bad-ass armored Lingering Will fight before Terra comes back for good.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
By this point I've stopped thinking about the scene as of where it falls in the timeline and just started to immerse myself in the gravitas of the situation. If you simply think of the scene as an extension of their struggle in Blank Points, it really serves to function as a giver of hope, that Terra never really lost the ability to fight and think for his own self. The scene, if you think about it this way, is a way for the players of the game to simply know that The Lingering Will is still fighting to take his life back, and that Xehanort's influence, however empowering, can be broken one day, and that the day will come where this hero is going to return to the front lines to fight. I always thought of it as less about Xehanort's schemes or Aqua's plight and more about Terra's eventual victory over Xehanort, and that gives me hope for III. Also, I know this time we saw him as a spirit form of his original self, but please, Square, PLEASE give us one more bad-ass armored Lingering Will fight before Terra comes back for good.

If Terra was in that same dark place where he had that talk with Xehanort about him not being taken over when he chatted with Aqua, I guess it explains why he could not see anything.

Yes please! A badass Lingering Will scene would be awesome.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
If Terra was in that same dark place where he had that talk with Xehanort about him not being taken over when he chatted with Aqua, I guess it explains why he could not see anything.

Yes please! A badass Lingering Will scene would be awesome.

I just want Xigbar to start talking sh*t and Lingering Will to just clock him over the head in the keyblade graveyard, that'd make Kingdom Hearts III for me xD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ah, you're right. My bad. He did say that aqua is only seeing what she remembers of him after all, so it'd make sense since she doesn't know Xemnas exists or what he looks like (i loved the detail of Terra essentially being unable to see anything as well).

Yep, it's those small things that can clue one in as to why certain things happen as they do.
Well, considering how much energy it must cost Terra to keep resisting Xehanort I am not surprised that he couldn't see anything.
On the other hand though, Ventus is not even consciously there but reached out to Aqua with his subconscious alone.

I doubt that he would have said Xemnas as I suspect this "Terra-Xehanort" being the piece/seed of Xehanort that is inside Terra's heart and while they may both be jointly inside Xemnas, that "Terra-Xehanort" is not explicitly Xemnas himself.
It most likely does serve to highlight the fact that while Xehanort may be firmly in control on the outside most of the time, on the inside Terra is still there, active and fighting on against Xehanort.
You can even hear the annoyance in Xehanort's voice when he exclaims "still struggling!?" after Terra tackles him.

It certainly serves as a reminder to the audience that no, Terra isn't totally lost and no, Terra also isn't totally helpless.

I'm even willing to predict that in a crucial moment when Xehanort wants to do something important for his thirteen Seekers of Darkness in KH III, Terra will somehow interfere and ruin Xehanort's attempt.

---

Btw, speaking about this whole scene and the fact that Xehanort/Xemnas were indeed searching for Ventus, does that mean also that Xemnas' line in battle towards Sora of "Can you spare a heart?" could mean more than what was initially thought it meant?

The Lingering Will noticed Ventus' heart hiding inside Sora so it stands to reason that Xemnas could probably do the same (and it would explain his and Young Xehanort's knowledge about it in DDD).
Xemnas frantically searched for the chamber and never found it due to the lucky circumstance that Aqua did not spill the whole pot of beans around Ventus' location and how to find him, so maybe he thought by having access to Ven's heart he could finally locate the chamber too?
The does seem to be a still intact connection between Ven's heart and his body as in the last scene of DDD he does manage to make his body smile despite his heart not residing in it.
Roxas getting problems and even fainting when entering Castle Oblivion due to both Sora (his origin) and Ventus (whose heart he unknowingly carried) being nearby could also be somehow related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back