• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A theory on Darkness's plan and the MoM's plan. *spoilers*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hirokey123

Awards
So now that we know that Ventus is the one that wasn't chosen, but it also seems to be clear that he didn't know he was a fake that raises the question what exactly was the purpose of adding him. He hasn't done anything, contributed to any sinister plot he's just been a perfectly average sweet boy...and then it hit me what if THAT is exactly why he was added.

I have been thinking a lot of the MoM's plan and how it seemed so extreme, like clearly he doesn't want to end the world because he set in place plans to prevent that twice. It's really hard to picture that there is something in the present day he couldn't have achieved back then, so then why cause the war? Also his comment on wanting to sit this one out, that he had participated in a war. When I looked over all his dialogue it sounded a lot like the war itself was in part at least caused because he of his desire to form the dandelions. Which makes sense, if your goal is to create a group of exceptional keyblade wielders highly resistant to darkness in an era where wielders exist in spades you need SOME method of picking out the good fruit from the bad. I mean that was part of Xehanort's reason for flooding the world with heartless because by stealings tons of hearts from people eventually that would produce the rare human nobodies he needed, essentially pruning the population to find potential vessels across thousands of worlds. AND that was Larxene's move in Frozen, in order to find out if Elsa really was a special light she was flooding the world with darkness because you can't pick out that special glimmer unless you blot out all that other light with darkness.

So spreading the bangles around to fill the wielders with darkness is a pretty logical way to find those wielders that are highly resistant to darkness, the weak will be consumed or ultimately destroy themselves while the strong will stand out and make Ava's job of finding them easier. But why is it so important they are darkness resistant, what is that the MoM needs the Dandelions to do? I can't quite answer the latter question but I think we might have already been given the answer to the former. The MoM fought in a keyblade war before Chi and in that war it was against the forces of darkness, darkness that could change shape and enter people. We don't know a whole lot about that war but given the light was still around and how peaceful it was we can at least assume the battle against the forces of darkness was put to a standstill or maybe even temporarily won. However just as the MoM survived the war it's not hard to imagine that one from the forces of darkness also did, and that's I believe the most likely candidate for the mysterious being calling themselves "Darkness" that has been with Maleficent for some time now.

Darkness is currently the top suspect for being the one who killed Strelitzia, if they are a survivor of the forces of darkness from the war then they would have the ability to shape shift. They would also have another ability though and there-in-lies the answer to the MoM's plans at least partly, he needed to make sure the Dandelions are darkness resistant so that a being like "Darkness" wouldn't be able to enter their hearts and control/influence them. That's why he went to such extremes, to make sure no one in his chosen group would be able to become a pawn of "Darkness". BUT that's exactly why Darkness did what it did, Ventus wasn't chosen to be a Dandelion so he most likely assumed Ventus was just an ordinary wielder who wasn't particularly darkness resistant. Ventus was added into the group in preparation to become Darkness's vessel, a "Dandelion" that Darkness could actually manipulate. His choice of Strelitzia was probably more so random happenstance than planned, it wanted to kill one of the Dandelion leaders because it needed to be able to have access to the privileges of the leaders so it would need its vessel to be leader.

As to what it needed access to probably both the ark that can travel time and the control room that acts as the heart of the whole operation. If we go by the report in KH3 the one who was added to the group acts as virus in the MoM's perfect system that wants to send the dandelions to another worldline. So with that in mind ultimately I believe the goal is that darkness needed a vessel, a heart that could let travel time and return it to the future of the original worldline. Ventus is going to be the ark that sustains it and takes it where it needs to go, and where it needs to go is somewhere after KH3 just like the MoM. Of course I think the plan went in part awry because Darkness realizes the hard way what Xehanort did, he's not a viable vessel for darkness because he actually in exceptional possessing a great capacity for keeping darkness locked away in his heart repressed by his gentle kind nature. Ventus will go from its vessel to its prison and its plans will be put on hold for a very long time.

However let be clear I don't think the MoM is a good guy and I don't actually think Darkness is a good guy, this next part is just pure assumption on my part but I think Darkness and the forces of darkness might be a victim. Kingdom Hearts existed in an unseen realm...what is that realm and where is it and what was there before? It's not until Kingdom Hearts got involved that darkness was born in the hearts of people..but was it born or is it something more? My working theory right now is that the actual history of the war is one of misunderstanding, a black goat and white goat situation so to speak.

Kingdom Hearts I believe beget both living light and darkness. The light it beget were born in other worlds, other realms, and that light was the hearts of people and places. While the darkness it beget existed in the realm of Kingdom Hearts as its living shadow. One day the people pulled Kingdom Hearts out of its unseen realm and its living shadow, dark beings, came with it. The Dark beings took as these people of light stealing THEIR light, they sought to reclaim Kingdom Hearts back from them. While the people of Light had no idea about the dark beings that existed tied to the light they had wrongfully taken from them. The people of light simply saw these forces of darkness as monsters that suddenly claim and were trying to steal the light for themselves and thus they need to be defenders to keep it out of the hands of these "wicked" dark creatures giving us the first keyblade war the MoM spoke of. No idea what ultimately went down but I believe in the end Kingdom Hearts WAS sent back to its unseen realm and that is what brought forth the era of peace, and why the MoM wrote that kingdom hearts should never been summoned. But the war wasn't finished it was put on hold, and its surviving members the MoM and "Darkness" are still at war with one another. Everything that has happened from that point has been the two survivors of the war fighting a battle between one another for sides that are neither in the right or wrong, but relics of an era when light and dark existed fully split. Which is what makes them both villainous. Because the true way to achieve peace, the people of the modern day, and the world of modern day are based all in unity of both.

And while I don't know their long term plan I think their end goal can only really be one thing, to win the war for their side which means the total eradication of light or the total eradication of darkness. Which due to light and darkness begetting one another is almost impossible and that's why they had to sit and wait because something is coming up, something in the near future that didn't exist in the ancient past, something that they could potentially use to end all of this.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
something that they could potentially use to end all of this.
What do you fancy that "something" could be? Have they been playing a waiting game all this time or did they orchestrate certain events in order for this "something" to happen?

Hirokey123

Awards
What do you fancy that "something" could be? Have they been playing a waiting game all this time or did they orchestrate certain events in order for this "something" to happen?
That I couldn't certain of since we have so little to go on. But given how insistent the MoM was that the world couldn't be changed I would stand to believe that the problem was in part the fact the world's destiny was rigid, it had a fated end and before anything else could happen that end had to be averted. I also suspect the Dandelions may yet play a role in all this, while the original world had been marching on to destiny's own time the Dandelion's world has been existing for thousands of years and developing totally different because there was no keyblade war, no MoM, no Foretellers, etc... What does the Dandelion's world look like now I wonder..

Back