• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A theory about the contents of the mysterious black box

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hirokey123

Awards
The following should be taken with a grain of salt, it's more a fun theory than anything.

So I've been thinking long and hard about the mysterious black box the MoM gave to Luxu, and of course I'm not the only one. I've seen tons of theories on how it might be his heart, or lux, or the X-blade, or part of the broken X-blade, etc... but I kept feeling like that was too obvious and didn't quite fit with what little we know. So I thought long and hard about what is a more unexpected answer which lead me to remember that Nomura said an astute player may have already figured out what's inside the box. Which doesn't make sense unless he had already left clues to what the box contained somewhere along the way.

Examining the box it has 20 locks with a very blatant KH3 symbol plastered on it, and on the top is the engraving X-Super...not exactly a whole lot to go on. On a surface you could see how these may point to the X-blade but since I'm going off wall here I took most of those as cheeky nods on what game the box would be opened in. The thing to focus on I think is the harder to read engraving of X-Super. I know some think that X-Super may derive from Superbia the last of the sins and is the name of the MoM but I think maybe there is another meaning. The box posing no more clues I figured the next place Nomura might have been doing hints is in the MoM himself.

We don't know a lot about the MoM as a person other than his view of how time is fated and their oncoming doom couldn't be changed. But we do know that the MoM is first and foremost a creator of all kinds. He created that gazing eye keyblade that let him see into the future. The book of prophecies that held the future and allowed one to summon forth the contents of the book to make its worlds real, and borrow the powers of the people in the future by creating medals and cards. The Foretellers by training them, giving them their new names, and presumably their new outfits. By extension he also created the unions and the dandelions as it was his ideas and instructions to create them in the first place. Perhaps most importantly of all he created Chirithy, a dream eater spirit to guide and protect wielders though with a caveat that if the wielder its connected to falls to darkness they will turn into nightmares and start creating an army of nightmares. So it stands to reason that the contents of the box is probably not something that always existed but rather something he specifically created, and that's when I think pieces may have started to fall into place.

Chirithy is unique in its pretty much the only mention of "Chi" anything in KHX/UX. We know that Chi can be pronounced key and represented by the greek X, which is where the name keyblade derivative of X-blade comes from. So let's work backwards here perhaps X-Super is actually "Chi-Super" which could sound a lot like an experiment title shorthand, perhaps for "Chirithy-Super" or it could be "Chirithy-Superbia". That is to say that the contents of the box may be essentially a super form of the chirithy dream eaters he created, mind you it doesn't have to look like it just have the same powers but more potent. With that being said we may have in fact seen most of X-Super already, hidden right in front of us in an obvious way that we'd notice it but not realize what it was. I'm talking about the fox-like creature that is sitting in Sora's lap in that recent KH anniversary artwork. The box is even pretty much the right size for it to live in.

https://www.khinsider.com/news/New-...e-Kingdom-Hearts-15th-Anniversary-8919?page=8

There is one other factor in all this to consider as well, Maleficent herself. We have to think about this from a narrative perspective. Xehanort either doesn't know or show interest in the black box but Maleficent does, so it's unlikely to be the X-blade in any form. Also I mean let's be real as awesome as it be for Maleficent to get the X-blade and basically hijack the story, given the way the writers treat and use her as well as the rest of the Disney villains it's unlikely. Likewise it's unlikely they would have Maleficent's plot revolve around finding something that she can't use to take over the worlds. Even if it's not for the purpose she will use it for one has to imagine that it's still something that can be used for that purpose.

This brings me back to it being a dream eater. Think of Chirithy and how a single nightmare one caused immense issues not only planting the seeds of distrust, but it was able to convert wielders to darkness with a shocking speed given how many Darklings it created. Darklings while similar to pureblood heartless retain their ability to speak, travel worlds, and some level of sentience not demonstrated by regular heartless. One basic nightmare Chirithy created an army of darkness that only continued to grow and on top of that it was able to feed on the darklings to grow immensely more powerful and frightening looking. A super version would likely be able to achieve much grander version of this and be perfect for Maleficent. Imagine in her hands a being that could essentially mass create an army of darkness with intelligence, world traveling abilities, and is loyal to her...basically a super heartless army that can't be stolen from her. An army that just seems to grow and grow without end and a powerful creature that could feed on all the darkness Maleficent can give and then some to become basically one giant conquering beast weapon. On top of this Nightmares don't destroy worlds they severe connections and try to put things into never ending sleep. Maleficent is the mistress who possess power over sleep, if she turned everything into one big nightmarish world of sleep would likely give her all kinds of power and control she doesn't possess in reality. It would by definition be conquering worlds in her own manner.

Of course that's just what Maleficent could use it for, we'll probably stop her before she achieves that, and I suspect that wasn't what the MoM ultimately intends for it. Rather we go back to the MoM believing the world is doomed to be swallowed by darkness and there is nothing they can do to stop it, instead saying they have to look at/worry about what comes after not the stuff they know can't change. Think of this, when a world is swallowed by darkness it falls to sleep and when it falls to sleep it needs to be awoke in order for it to be restored...people are the same really. For some worlds and people merely freeing their parts is enough to wake them and restore them to light, but others can get trapped in sleep and require a direct manual awaking via unlocking their sleeping keyhole. So if the entire world was swallowed into darkness all at once in theory it be possible to restore it just by finding the sleeping keyhole for the core of the entire world itself and unlocking it.

That I believe is what X-Super's true purpose is. The MoM knows how the battle will go and that the lights will lose resulting in Xehanort plunging the world into darkness, I imagine at this point Xehanort has traded his eye blade for the X-blade so thus the MoM can't see past this point. But he knows of stuff like the sleeping worlds so he prepared a X-Super a special dream eater to protect and guide Sora and co to the sleeping keyhole of the world's core. Unlocking that will restore the world essentially making it like Xehanort never destroyed it. The day is saved and now the world is finally past the story written in the book of prophecies. Xehanort would likely try to stop the heroes but that's where he would finally lose, he loses when he is no longer protected by a quite literal plot armor.

Of course this can have another ramification and answer a mystery about Chi itself. What MoM essentially made was a way to save the world after its destroyed by a keyblade war. In theory this could have been used to save the world in the past, and it's likely that is what the MoM told Luxu. Which means Luxu had in his power to fix things but chose not to because the MoM told him not to. In that essence Luxu would be the traitor and it basically explains Ava's freakout and breakdown. To hear that the MoM had the power to save the world and order it not be used would likely shatter any hope she had left, in both saving the day and in the MoM himself. Thus we get that seemingly broken Ava in the end of Chi, fighting because she has no hope left in her. Though it doesn't really answer what the MoM has to gain but that is probably next saga villain stuff.

Welp that about covers it.

Luxu

Awards
It is too obscure to grasp a solid theory at. However, this is the better one of the theories about it i've seen.

And, I don't think the MoM had anything to gain. Other than darkness not prevailing and going against his own prophecy.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I like this theory but I want to expand upon it further...

Regarding the creature, what if the Black Box has Dream Eater shards, 7 specifically. And that Fox is one of them? What if the other 6 is a Leopard, Bear, Unicorn, Cobra, Goat and a potential Lion? that way, these creatures could replicate the symbolism of the fortellers. I'd go one step further in saying that the Animal motifs of each Forteller was based of the hypothetical Super-Dream Eaters contained in the box.

Miasthma

Awards
I like this theory but I want to expand upon it further...

Regarding the creature, what if the Black Box has Dream Eater shards, 7 specifically. And that Fox is one of them? What if the other 6 is a Leopard, Bear, Unicorn, Cobra, Goat and a potential Lion? that way, these creatures could replicate the symbolism of the fortellers. I'd go one step further in saying that the Animal motifs of each Forteller was based of the hypothetical Super-Dream Eaters contained in the box.

Hehe, this brings an image to my mind of a giant KH-style pokeball with 7 dream eaters inside it. "Seven deadly sins, I choose you!"

Joking aside, this is a nice theory to consider as it brings attention to subtler things a lot of people (myself included) wouldn't consider otherwise.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I really like this theory. And Alpha's contribution, too. But perhaps this is where the "reincarnation theory" comes into place. Maybe seven out of the many Guardians of Light will each get an animal that represents the Foretellers, meaning that Sora wouldn't be the only one with the ability to awaken sleeping worlds. Or maybe what the MoM always intended was to create distrust among the Foretellers in order for them to develop trust for each other, and then activate their dormant world-saving powers through "My friends are my power", which is something that would work more with Sora.

D

Deleted member 246005

It reminds me of the manga/anime katetokyo hitman reborn because they had a similiar weapon idea.

Hirokey123

Awards
The box seems awfully small for seven super dream eaters HOWEVER I suppose they could be like Chirithy was, tiny things stored inside of flasks. Now I'm just imagining Maleficent opening the box and seeing a bunch of flasks containing adorable animals, grinning evil-y as she holds one up to get a closer look. But man it would be cool to have Maleficent armed with like a hoard of evil super animal familiars, doubly so if they have the same powers as the foretellers could make for some very neat battles.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The box seems awfully small for seven super dream eaters HOWEVER I suppose they could be like Chirithy was, tiny things stored inside of flasks. Now I'm just imagining Maleficent opening the box and seeing a bunch of flasks containing adorable animals, grinning evil-y as she holds one up to get a closer look. But man it would be cool to have Maleficent armed with like a hoard of evil super animal familiars, doubly so if they have the same powers as the foretellers could make for some very neat battles.

What could also happens is that she opens the box, but the animal(s) deem her unworthy, and just flash away and teleport to different worlds, and now Sora has to try and gather them all.

D

Deleted member 246005

What could also happens is that she opens the box, but the animal(s) deem her unworthy, and just flash away and teleport to different worlds, and now Sora has to try and gather them all.

Shhhhh you'll give away the plot for KH 3.75:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back