• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Story Question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Why is it that only the Final Fantasy characters have the slightest feeling of something going on?

My best guess is that it's because Namine was just starting her work and if she had done nothing, all the people sora meets would have remembered him.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I tend to think the same way.

Remember that the world-specific people Sora met in CO were a figment of Sora's memory. They were "created" based on how Sora remembered them. Since Traverse Town was only on the first floor, Sora's memory had only been messed up with lightly, so the FF gang still "recognise" him. Although it was the card-people's first time meeting Sora, his memories of their real counterparts resonated with theirs, causing them to have this very vague memory of having actually met him before.

The further up Sora went, the messier the links became, so much to the point that he had all but forgotten the people he had come across in his journey. This is made evident through the fact that, as you said, nobody else remembered him, just like he failed to remember them.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
It's more like the links were broken, as she says so herself.

I also like to think that the FF characters memories, or soras memories of them, took longer to mess with because they have a little more meaning to him than the Disney characters. This is supported by the fact that Sora doesn't forget anyone on the island, or realise he forgot them, until the eighth floor is cleared, But at that time Riku and Kairi are still present in his head.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
True, kind of forgot about Sora's DI friends. As for memories of Riku, I think Naminé might have intentionally left it as it was, while of Kairi, didn't she alter it to become those of herself? She even went as far as replacing Sora's Wayfinder with another charm, and he only remembered about Kairi moments before falling asleep inside the lotus pod.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I believe that since Namine just started messing with Sora's memories, he was subconsciously making the memory FF characters notice something is wrong, but I think the weird part with Aerith telling him stuff after the fight might have been Namine. I always thought the Traverse Town part was kinda weird.

Gram

Banned
Awards
It's because by the first floor Sora still had his memories of kh1 and the friends he meet. Namine didn't destroy the links all at once, that would've "crushed" his heart, in stead what she done was slowly rewrite link by link over the course of CoM.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
It's because by the first floor Sora still had his memories of kh1 and the friends he meet. Namine didn't destroy the links all at once, that would've "crushed" his heart, in stead what she done was slowly rewrite link by link over the course of CoM.
This would be a better plot point if Sora ever showed some familiarity however small with the worlds he visits and people he meets. The only case of that is his magically guessing Poohs name

Another question. If DiZ is the one who woke Riku up disguised as Ansem, how did he do it?

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
This would be a better plot point if Sora ever showed some familiarity however small with the worlds he visits and people he meets. The only case of that is his magically guessing Poohs name

Another question. If DiZ is the one who woke Riku up disguised as Ansem, how did he do it?

Whether it would be better or not dont change the fact that it is a plot point and to add to the argument with the rate of his memories being rewritten there's really no telling how long the worlds after the first floor still holding such familiarity.

I've always wondered that a little myself, Diz himself says cause he wants him to "choose" though Diz most likely had more reasons.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Whether it would be better or not dont change the fact that it is a plot point and to add to the argument with the rate of his memories being rewritten there's really no telling how long the worlds after the first floor still holding such familiarity.

I've always wondered that a little myself, Diz himself says cause he wants him to "choose" though Diz most likely had more reasons.
Agreed. But we do know that when Sora is in Twilight Town, he claims to have even less familiarity with it than with the other worlds. I expect his more conscious/depleting memory of the Disney worlds doesn't last longer than the fist batch.

As for DiZ, he obviously would come to see Riku as a vital instrument for his revenge, hence the choice. Though I have to wonder why he really chose the unconscious Riku to begin with

Gram

Banned
Awards
Agreed. But we do know that when Sora is in Twilight Town, he claims to have even less familiarity with it than with the other worlds. I expect his more conscious/depleting memory of the Disney worlds doesn't last longer than the fist batch.

As for DiZ, he obviously would come to see Riku as a vital instrument for his revenge, hence the choice. Though I have to wonder why he really chose the unconscious Riku to begin with
Actually Sora comments that Twilight Town simply feels "strange", it's familiar to him but he knows he's never been to it before.
It was a different type of "familiar" to him because the twilight town card was crafted from Roxas' memories through his connection to sora, what vexen called "the other side of his heart".
Which makes Twilight town a bit to special a case to use as an example.

In kh2 Diz mentions when he first found riku to mickey. Judging from his choice of the word "found" I figued he in all honesty just stumbled across Riku as he was investigating what the Org was doing at CO.
I'd go with the vital theory of yours but I feel if Diz had gone there in actual search of him for his plans he wouldn't have let him go to wander off with Mickey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back