• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Road ► A small but interesting detail...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Urd

While looking at the Key Art for Dark Road, I noticed a small detail. Xehanort has grey eyes, instead of the normal amber/gold we associate him with. So, I checked the sprite of Xehanort in the game, and it isn't an error.
Grey Eyes.jpg
I'm not sure if I'm just dense or what, but that isn't all.
Ember Eyes.jpg
Notice something about Urd? She has the same eye color Xehanort has in the mainline series of games. Think they might be connected in someway? Or am I just looking too much into things?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
We know from KH3 that Xehanort’s eyes change color. I personally think it has to do with MoM or Luxu.
Judging by the fact that Xehanort meets Braig with already yellow eyes, I'm inclined to believe it has more to do with the MoM. Or maybe it's just what the lore originally stated: exposure to darkness.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Judging by the fact that Xehanort meets Braig with already yellow eyes, I'm inclined to believe it has more to do with the MoM. Or maybe it's just what the lore originally stated: exposure to darkness.

Yeah, that is what I want to believe because it was a great piece of lore that made sense. When Nomura introduced the idea of the gold eye being because of Xehanort, it really muddled the lore in a way I did not enjoy.

Like it didn't even explain why some Xehanorts had orange eyes vs gold, and why Ansem the Wise had orange eyes but Ansem SoD and Xemnas' eyes were not because Ansem the Wise.

It's so inconsistent.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yeah, that is what I want to believe because it was a great piece of lore that made sense. When Nomura introduced the idea of the gold eye being because of Xehanort, it really muddled the lore in a way I did not enjoy.

Like it didn't even explain why some Xehanorts had orange eyes vs gold, and why Ansem the Wise had orange eyes but Ansem SoD and Xemnas' eyes were not because Ansem the Wise.

It's so inconsistent.
Maybe to not retcon the concept of Darkness changing your physical appearance, they might make the clarification that Xehanort's specific Darkness did that.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Shadow_KHIII.png

Maleficent_%28Dragon%29_KHX.png

Chernabog_KH.png

Profile_-_Shan_Yu.jpeg

It's definitely not a Xehanort-only thing

zander1995

Awards
Iirc, it was at least vaguely confirmed that Darkness does change your eye color, which is how Xehanort's eyes originally changed, but also that when he 'norts someone, their eyes change to his.

So not necessarily inconsistent, but definitely a bit complicated.

Back