• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

a shadow floating over us

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
ocean.png

i really like this :L

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
I think we need to better determine where digital paintings go. In one way, it going to Digital Media makes perfect sense but then you look at the community and what they do and there is absolutely no way they'll be able to give adequate advice. Graphic design and tagging requires a completely different mindset and technical knowledge compared to digital painting `3`

Just saiyan.

I enjoy a lot of the work done in DM here but there is no way most people here would be able to use photoshop or anything else to paint. That was exemplified when I made the thread where errone was able to paint my lineart in.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
not sure if you're telling me that i should post this in traditional media or someplace else.

because i really don't see where else i could post this .-.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
How does it not make sense? You are using a digital medium to imitate the techniques commonly practiced through various traditional media. Feel free to continue posting your digital paintings here though, but I can assure you that you will not get any worthwhile advice because the residents in DM simply do not know how to manipulate colour, value and lighting work in a painting or drawing. While they are the same principles they use for graphic design, but the way in which they're applied and practiced are different to the point where DM probably can't you how you could possibly make it better. Members like Ophan, Proper Artist, Crimson or quiteMAD who post in TM can give you better critique. Tell me Weeaboo, how many of these threads in DM discuss techniques for digital painting or anatomy compared to tags, large pieces and wallpapers?

There's only a very small handful of people who visit both sections that are able to give you the appropriate advice.

That's not to say DM doesn't understand the concepts mentioned above btw. It would be the same idea if someone posted a tag in TM. They just couldn't tell you how to make it better.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
How does it not make sense? You are using a digital medium to imitate the techniques commonly practiced through various traditional media. Feel free to continue posting your digital paintings here though, but I can assure you that you will not get any worthwhile advice because the residents in DM simply do not know how to manipulate colour, value and lighting work in a painting or drawing. While they are the same principles they use for graphic design, but the way in which they're applied and practiced are different to the point where DM probably can't you how you could possibly make it better. Members like Ophan, Proper Artist, Crimson or quiteMAD who post in TM can give you better critique. Tell me Weeaboo, how many of these threads in DM discuss techniques for digital painting or anatomy compared to tags, large pieces and wallpapers?

There's only a very small handful of people who visit both sections that are able to give you the appropriate advice.

That's not to say DM doesn't understand the concepts mentioned above btw. It would be the same idea if someone posted a tag in TM. They just couldn't tell you how to make it better.
He really is right. Before I even clicked on the thread I saw your username and already knew it was most likely not a tag or a real Digital Media piece, cause you aren't really a tagger that I know of. Now though it may in some way actually be a digital piece cause it was made with a computer. Like Ken said, not many would know how to critque this kind of thing. I know when I saw it I didn't post cause well, I straight up didn't know what to put. I had no idea what kind of work it was. I knew it wasn't photoshop, which is generally what people who post here use. I think it would go better in TM as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back