• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A random thought

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

jej1991

probably not accurate, or what the writers had in mind, but I'll just throw it out there.

"sora", in japanese, means sky. "riku", in japanese means land/shore. "kairi", in japanese, means separation, or the feeling of separation. Here, sky implies or symbolizes heaven (sora), land symbolizes earth (riku), and kairi implies the separation of the two. The separation of heaven and earth is a very old theological debate shrouded in religious symbolism. The separation of heaven and earth (of spirit/soul and body respectively) creates a state of darkness/disease/ignorance, however the unification of the two is a state of heaven (kingdom hearts?). As for the nobodies, maybe they're the ones who go through life oblivious to the world or making a positive change in it, and the organization (heartless) are the greedy ones who pull the strings like a corrupt government. Or the organization is a part of a deeper scheme. Iono
o_O

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
That's nice and all, but this thing would go into the Kingdom Hearts Discussion Forums, probably Future of Kingdom Hearts (FoKH) to be exact.

Welcome to KHI by the way :)

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
KH isn't that deep.
And we already know the main trios of TAV and SRK have names revolving around earth sky and water. Hence, Terra/Riku, Ven/Sora and Aqua/Kairi.
Yeah as for all the other shit you said Kingdom Hearts isn't that deep/retarded.
Damn near, though.

tehmuffinmon

I can see Nomura getting inspiration from some of the things you brought up; I mean, the man's in love with Latin and symbolic names, but yeah, it's simply too intellectual for KH. People like to look too deeply into all sorts of things, though - I do it all the time, or at least, I used to. Now I just enjoy things for what they are, more or less. If I were to think about KH too seriously it would take some of the enjoyment out of it for me. And I would go mad piecing together the series after each installment, only to have something crazy come up in the next title, haha. The way I see it, Nomura himself probably doesn't even know what he's doing with KH half of the time. :p

But there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure he draws inspiration from all sorts of places, but it's doubtful he uses any of that inspiration as a concrete foundation upon which to build the game.

ActingDude17

KH isn't that deep.
And we already know the main trios of TAV and SRK have names revolving around earth sky and water. Hence, Terra/Riku, Ven/Sora and Aqua/Kairi.
Yeah as for all the other shit you said Kingdom Hearts isn't that deep/retarded.
Damn near, though.

How would "all the other shit" make Kingdom Hearts "retarded"?

jej1991

Never mind guys, I got this one wrong and admit it. I'm pretty sure Kairi actually means "sea" so from there its faulty logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back