• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Quick Survey about Nomura for College Research

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Beamer

Awards
Honestly, I have a lot of ambiguous feelings about Nomura and it wasn't really one answer or another when I took your survey. Nomura certainly if both successful because of his own imagination and those around him who temper it and bring it fruition. Hironobu Sakaguchi certainly deserves some credit for the storyline in KH being the way it is because he convinced Nomura to go that route. He's good creating ideas, but he's not necessarily a good writer or good at implementation of his ideas.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I did it to the best of my ability! Even answered the optional questions. Good luck on the research project.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Yeah, the dichotomy of some responses here makes it tough. If you ask me if I consider myself a fan of KH in the immediate tense that's a different answer from whether I consider myself a fan in the broader sense. The sliding scales were more appropriate, I'd say, but at any rate, I did my best to answer and I hope it helps you out.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Did my best and even spred it around a little bit, hope it helps.
Much like the others, I too give a similar feedback about the questions, especially the "are you a KH fan/how much do you like KH."

See, I personally wouldn't have gone witha yes/no there, but with a "not anymore".
But I understand surveys can't be individual-shaped.

Awards
Honestly, I have a lot of ambiguous feelings about Nomura and it wasn't really one answer or another when I took your survey. Nomura certainly if both successful because of his own imagination and those around him who temper it and bring it fruition. Hironobu Sakaguchi certainly deserves some credit for the storyline in KH being the way it is because he convinced Nomura to go that route. He's good creating ideas, but he's not necessarily a good writer or good at implementation of his ideas.

I think there is truth to most of what you said. However, I do think Testuya Nomura actually has very good implementation of his ideas. He's certainly not the best writer, as you said, and much of the credit for Kingdom Hearts having a good story does go to Hironobu Sakaguchi. That much I agree with. However, the way the beauty and art is presented in the Kingdom Hearts series is one of the biggest reasons I love the games. Without Testuya Nomura, I don't think Kingdom Hearts would be as beautiful as it is. That's definitely excellent implementation of ideas on Numora's part if you ask me. It's also one of the reasons I'm still a fan of the series and why I'm one of the people who particularly enjoyed Kingdom Hearts III. I felt like there was a lot of that beauty in Kingdom Hearts III, thanks to Testuya Nomura.

Beamer

Awards
I think there is truth to most of what you said. However, I do think Testuya Nomura actually has very good implementation of his ideas. He's certainly not the best writer, as you said, and much of the credit for Kingdom Hearts having a good story does go to Hironobu Sakaguchi. That much I agree with. However, the way the beauty and art is presented in the Kingdom Hearts series is one of the biggest reasons I love the games. Without Testuya Nomura, I don't think Kingdom Hearts would be as beautiful as it is. That's definitely excellent implementation of ideas on Numora's part if you ask me. It's also one of the reasons I'm still a fan of the series and why I'm one of the people who particularly enjoyed Kingdom Hearts III. I felt like there was a lot of that beauty in Kingdom Hearts III, thanks to Testuya Nomura.

That's actually a really good point. Nomura can be many things, but deep down he's an artist and he certainly has an eye for beauty in both aesthetics and in people. While he says he identifies more towards his antagonists, the Japanese voice actors for Sora, Riku, & Kairi have said he's a lot more like Sora deep down and I think that may be an indication of that sense of beauty he has. I'll agree with you on that point.

What I was getting at though is his implementation of story ideas. There's been some missed potential and rushed beats in KH3, and he certainly seems to include things on a whim. The latter can be and has been a great thing for the franchise, but it can also be a weakness if he isn't careful. He can get a little too carried away with his ideas that it can blindside him to other things he's trying to accomplish, and I think KH3 suffers just a little because he was a bit carried away with his ideas for the next saga which he's certainly excited about.

Awards
That's actually a really good point. Nomura can be many things, but deep down he's an artist and he certainly has an eye for beauty in both aesthetics and in people. While he says he identifies more towards his antagonists, the Japanese voice actors for Sora, Riku, & Kairi have said he's a lot more like Sora deep down and I think that may be an indication of that sense of beauty he has. I'll agree with you on that point.

What I was getting at though is his implementation of story ideas. There's been some missed potential and rushed beats in KH3, and he certainly seems to include things on a whim. The latter can be and has been a great thing for the franchise, but it can also be a weakness if he isn't careful. He can get a little too carried away with his ideas that it can blindside him to other things he's trying to accomplish, and I think KH3 suffers just a little because he was a bit carried away with his ideas for the next saga which he's certainly excited about.

I see your point now too. I can see how parts of KH3 seem like they suffer from missed potential and rushed beats. I guess for me it just wasn't that different from a lot of previous Kingdom Hearts games. For me, personally, I felt like KH3 went at a very similar pace to other games in the series, and that those other games may have also had missed potential or missed opportunities in their own ways. But I definitely see what you're saying too. And I do see what you're saying about the game setting up the next saga too much instead of focusing on itself. That's one of the flaws in Kingdom Hearts III right now, and I certainly hope the DLC and updates can add a bit more to those potential missed opportunities. It would have been nice to have them from the start, but that's one of the benefits of today's video game industry. Developers have the opportunity to add to games after their release, so I'm hopeful that at least some of the flaws will be addressed. It may not have been the best Kingdom Hearts games story-wise, but I still enjoyed it a lot. The gameplay was especially fun, although a little too easy at times. At the same time I do understand people's complaints and I do believe that Square Enix and Testuya Nomura will address at least some of the issues people are having with the game.

dylanschaw

I will be happy to help you in college)) If you need to write your papers, you can use the service "write my paper for me" by clicking here, I hope that this service will be useful for you.

Last edited:
Back