• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A quick question about DEBUG

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni Terra

Awards
OK I have some old game on the PS1 and once I founa a cheat called DEBUG mode for it. What exactly is DEBUG? I looked it up on Wikipedia but I still don't understand anything about it.:cursing: Can anyone enlighten me on the subject?

Petie

Awards
Website
www.spriters-resource.com
Debugging, from it's actual definition, is essentially the act of fixing code that is broken (in very general terms). In your case, you're referring to a feature in the game that allows the player to experiment with the game mechanics. The best example I can think of for this was in Sonic The Hedgehog for Sega Genesis. If you do a search on YouTube for Sonic 1 Debug Mode, you should find some examples of what I'm talking about.

Let me know if you need a better explanation.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Only if you know what you're doing. . .

You may want to check out Super Smash Bros Melee for a better example. . .just search that and debug. ..you'll find something, if not there then Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back