• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagram

Banned
I've seen people mentioning Xemnas' ability to make nobodies into dusks lately. Got me wondering, are all lower nobodies him leveraging this power?
I know in KH2 Yen Sid explains the nobody thing but he also says they can't feel and the like or not existent or whatever. Since DDD blew that out of the water I'm taking the kh2 stuff with grains of salt.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
what do you mean leveraging that power? nobodies cannot feel, but they all have the potential to grow hearts and feel, but xemnort kept them in the dark so they didn't go to lengths to grow one.

like i said, could you elaborate on the dusk question?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I highly doubt that every lesser Nobody was once a human-form Nobody that Xemnas turned into a dusk. That's just kind of silly, imo. Not to mention counter productive. It took him like a decade to find 13 vessels, he wasted resources having people seek out other humanoid Nobodies. Like, it makes more holes than it patches up.

Pandymint

Awards
To be fair, we never see anyone turned into Dusk, only mentioned. However, doesn't Yen Sid state that a humanoid Nobody is a result of how strong the will of the person who lost their heart is? I might be wrong, and it's been a while. But, I think only particularly strong people get a humanoid Nobody instead of one of the lesser variety.

Emperor

^ He says something to that extent.

I think Xemnas just threatened members with the ability in order to keep them in line - like Axel at the start of KH2. But, like Audo said, it would be really counterproductive to turn humanoid Nobodies into lesser variations constantly. It would be interesting if there were previous organization members that had been subjected to this ability though.

WastedPenguin

Awards
To be fair, we never see anyone turned into Dusk, only mentioned. However, doesn't Yen Sid state that a humanoid Nobody is a result of how strong the will of the person who lost their heart is? I might be wrong, and it's been a while. But, I think only particularly strong people get a humanoid Nobody instead of one of the lesser variety.

Yes thats right according to Yen Sid.
I think that we get to know more about that in KH3.
And it could be that Xehanort/Xemnas and the real Ansem the wise know stuff about nobodies that Yen Sid doesnt know yet.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
If all those lesser Nobodies used to be humanoid ones, that's a heck of a waste of powerful people. Besides, remember that humanoid ones are the cream of the crop as far as Nobodies go. They're very, very rare. Heck, lesser Nobodies aren't too common either, since we can assume that not just everyone has a particularly strong will.

Also take into account that Yen Sid wasn't exactly wrong about the "Nobodies don't have hearts" thing, per se. As far as we can tell, even humanoid Nobodies are born without a heart, although they are capable of growing one. That doesn't mean this growth is guaranteed, however, and it does not change the fact that Nobodies are inherently emotionless. The revelation that they could in fact grow them was a big surprise (in-universe, at least. I think a lot of us figured it out earlier thanks to characters like Roxas...).

Last edited:

Pandymint

Awards
Also take into account that Yen Sid wasn't exactly wrong about the "Nobodies don't have hearts" thing, per se. As far as we can tell, even humanoid Nobodies are born without a heart, although they are capable of growing one. That doesn't mean this growth is guaranteed, however, and it does not change the fact that Nobodies are inherently emotionless. The revelation that they could in fact grow them was a big surprise (in-universe, at least. I think a lot of us figured it out earlier thanks to characters like Roxas...).

Osprey's right. Naturally, Nobodies do lack a heart. However, over time if they are not returned to their original form, their bodies can start attempting to grow a new one, but it has to be facilitated and validified and nurtured to actually grow.

Though that makes me wonder if the Lesser Nobodies could grow a new one, or only the humanoid ones.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Osprey's right. Naturally, Nobodies do lack a heart. However, over time if they are not returned to their original form, their bodies can start attempting to grow a new one, but it has to be facilitated and validified and nurtured to actually grow.

Though that makes me wonder if the Lesser Nobodies could grow a new one, or only the humanoid ones.

That depends on whether the lesser Nobodies are capable of human-level interaction and sentience. While there isn't enough evidence to confirm or dismiss the possibility, we do already know for sure that lessers don't retain their memories. Apparently, it's one of the distinguishing features between humanoids and lessers, aside from appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back