• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Question to fellow Christians.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus-Boy727

In present day People are making a lot of fun at Government officials. As a Question to fellow Christians (If there are any here): What should We be doing differently? I want to know what others think on this subject, and if you need help deciding look at
1 Peter 2:13-18.

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
Sorry if you are offended by me answering the question (i'm not a christian),

But this is how politics work, because of our form of government; there will always be a set up of two sides towards any topic. This is the closest system we can get to us choosing our own way. Unfortunately, people see this as a game. Instead of choosing what is morally best, they would rather breakdown anybody who has the slightest difference in political views.

Semper Sanctum

Wouldn't that be just a more modern version of survival of the fittest? Only the strongest will, mind, and idea can survive the hell it is put through before being enacted.

Marcus-Boy727

Sorry if you are offended by me answering the question (i'm not a christian),

But this is how politics work, because of our form of government; there will always be a set up of two sides towards any topic. This is the closest system we can get to us choosing our own way. Unfortunately, people see this as a game. Instead of choosing what is morally best, they would rather breakdown anybody who has the slightest difference in political views.

Tecnically yes it is, but we can't always get it the way we chose. And that happens It's a Chritians duty you could say not to "follow the croud", so to speak, and obey the leadership God has put over them unless there is direct opposision to God's word. This does not mean we have to like it but it doesn't mean we have to like it, but it doesn't mean we should make jokes and such as that. God builds up kingdoms and He tears them down.

1Peter 2:13-15 is an example.

Semper Sanctum

Just edit your post, and ask a mod to delete the second one. Right as rain. ^^

But, as I said, it's a dog-eat-dog world, and there is little else you can do but to stand up for what you believe and hope against all else that enough other people feel like-minded for that opinion to matter.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Tecnically yes it is, but we can't always get it the way we chose. And that happens It's a Chritians duty you could say not to "follow the croud", so to speak, and obey the leadership God has put over them unless there is direct opposision to God's word. This does not mean we have to like it but it doesn't mean we have to like it, but it doesn't mean we should make jokes and such as that. God builds up kingdoms and He tears them down.

1Peter 2:13-15 is an example.

No, no. God gave us free will so that we can hold our tongues, silence our minds and be led like sheep. The leadership God put over you is structured as a democracy: people get to vote and have a say in what goes on. And that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Marcus-Boy727

Let me clarify. I didn't mean we can't help determine what our government is, but our motives should be right when we do it.
Does this make sence to anyone else?

State

Awards
The law is above everything. It doesn't consider sex, race, religion, only order. Politics are to impose the law in a set region, area or however you want to put it. Depending on where you live and/or the people, they will mock politics because they're of the opposite party, they have different ideologies, they're doing everything wrong, and if I continue, I'm not gonna finish this post.

What I'm trying to say is...
Some people are gonna dig into something about a persona and public and/or use it as a humiliation because they *insert reason here*.

Marcus-Boy727

The law is above everything. It doesn't consider sex, race, religion, only order. Politics are to impose the law in a set region, area or however you want to put it. Depending on where you live and/or the people, they will mock politics because they're of the opposite party, they have different ideologies, they're doing everything wrong, and if I continue, I'm not gonna finish this post.

What I'm trying to say is...
Some people are gonna dig into something about a persona and public and/or use it as a humiliation because they *insert reason here*.

That last part and virtually the whole thing is true, I must agree.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
The Bible is clear on how Christians should view government and political affairs. This is just a brief overview:

John 17:16 - They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world

John 18:36 - Jesus answered: “My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.”

Romans 13:1 - Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God.

Acts 5:29 - In answer Peter and the [other] apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men."

Mark 12:17 - Jesus then said: “Pay back Caesar’s things to Caesar, but God’s things to God.” And they began to marvel at him.

So we should follow the laws of the land and be exemplar citizens. But when laws are made that conflict with serving God, the Christians are directed to obey God first before man. That doesn't mean to be rebellious or riot or things like that, but loyalty can be tested in various ways.

Here are a few articles that relate:

Should You Pay Your Taxes?

What Does God Require of Us?

The Perfect Government of Peace

Living in a Way That Pleases God (Esp the last part of the box)

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
Romans 13:1 - Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God.

So God purposely placed the 'authorities' into the seating of power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back