• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

a question about wired controllers (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
does anyone miss wired controllers? I do, the charging cables stop working after a while and I have to keep replacing them, I never had this issue with Sega genesis, SNES, n64, ps1, ps2, not even the ps3 and that was wireless, but ps4, those cables stop working, and don't ask about the ps5 please, I don't own one yet, but I would like to know about the cables for it ,and if there better than ps4 cables, or just as bad, and has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited:

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Not really. Wired controllers are convenient and great for playing at a distance, which is what some people might prefer. The short battery life of some controllers may make wired controllers more appealing in that aspect.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Not really. Wired controllers are convenient and great for playing at a distance, which is what some people might prefer. The short battery life of some controllers may make wired controllers more appealing in that aspect.
That's what I'm talking about, the battery life stinks, and I keep having to replace the cables, it's gotten to the point where I think it's the controller itself, because it's not charging right, and every time I replace it with another wireless controller, I end up with a faulty right or left stick, I've got a wired one coming in the mail tomorrow, (I don't think I spelled that right), and I'm hoping that will solve the problem, but I am curious if anyone else has this issue.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
What you do is you get 2 wireless controllers and always have 1 charging while playing on the other.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
If you tried that, then what is the issue exactly? I'm confused.

vaderskywalker

Awards
If you tried that, then what is the issue exactly? I'm confused.
The issue is that the controllers stop working right after a while, but I didn't create this thread to talk about my problems, I created it to discuss how everyone feels about certain controllers, what they prefer, and if they've ever experienced any issues, whether their wireless or not, even just the cables.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, I do dislike DS4's short battery life and some controllers have died on me too. However, I adore DualSense. It's very comfortable and sleek. I was never a huge DS1-3 fan, possibly an unpopular opinion.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Well, I do dislike DS4's short battery life and some controllers have died on me too. However, I adore DualSense. It's very comfortable and sleek. I was never a huge DS1-3 fan, possibly an unpopular opinion.
What's wrong with DS1-3, there like the classic designs, and how is a DualSense battery life? I ask because I don't have a ps5 yet.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
What's wrong with DS1-3, there like the classic designs, and how is a DualSense battery life? I ask because I don't have a ps5 yet.
I don't know about the battery life because I don't play on the PS5 very long, I'm mostly use KBM on my computer. But it seemed better than DS4.

As for DS1-3, I just don't like how they feel.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I don't know about the battery life because I don't play on the PS5 very long, I'm mostly use KBM on my computer. But it seemed better than DS4.

As for DS1-3, I just don't like how they feel.
oh, as for DS1-3, me personally I love them, reminds me of simpler times.

vaderskywalker

Awards
The ps4 controller battery life is low because of those stupid lights you cant turn off.
If the lights are the problem, then why put them on the controllers? I mean yeah, lights on a controller are a staple of PlayStation, but they don't need to be that big if they're going to interfere with the battery, but I'm not talking about just the battery life, but also how sometimes they just won't charge right, or the cable won't stay in the controller, or is unreadable to the controller.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Vader; not sure why they did it but you can make it dimmer if you look into the config, and I suggest you do. That helps with battery life. Since I do not have a ps5 I can't say about ps5 controllers yet. Not enough games JUST for PS5 (and I don't mean PS4 games) for me to bother jumping though hoops to get my paws on one!

vaderskywalker

Awards
Vader; not sure why they did it but you can make it dimmer if you look into the config, and I suggest you do. That helps with battery life. Since I do not have a ps5 I can't say about ps5 controllers yet. Not enough games JUST for PS5 (and I don't mean PS4 games) for me to bother jumping though hoops to get my paws on one!
it might, but my wireless controllers are well and truly dead and won't, luckily, I've got a wired controller that came in the mail a week ago, I mentioned it earlier in the thread, anyway, as for not having a ps5, that is your decision and I respect that, but there are games coming out for it, like the new God of war that just came out, there's spider man 2 coming out at some point, and there's also a wolverine game coming out at some point, the only reason I don't have a ps5 yet, is because of the stupid scalpers, why are they even called that anyway, what does scalping even have to do with ripping people off?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Yeah, I think it's called that b/c of what scalping originally meant, a very painful cutting off of the victim's scalp. Ouch. And these price scalpers bring the pain by overcharging for what you want because they are resellers.

As for the controllers; I'd suggest not tossing them out and looking around. Some game stores will rep the batteries for you; that can also happen at cons. I got a PS3 controller fixed that way :)

vaderskywalker

Awards
As for the controllers; I'd suggest not tossing them out and looking around. Some game stores will rep the batteries for you; that can also happen at cons. I got a PS3 controller fixed that way :)
I'll try that at some point, but for now, I'm quite happy with my wired controller.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I guess yes and no. Wired ones are always good for the competitive gaming scene because players feared input lag. Wireless gives you more freedom to game anywhere, and doesn’t restrict you to the length of the cable. Nowadays, I’m fine with wireless as I just play casually now.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The issue is that the controllers stop working right after a while, but I didn't create this thread to talk about my problems, I created it to discuss how everyone feels about certain controllers, what they prefer, and if they've ever experienced any issues, whether their wireless or not, even just the cables.
Well I've gone through 4 pairs of joy cons, sent 1 of those pairs to Nintendo for repairs 3 times in a single month. Bought multiple 3rd party replacement parts & did my own repairing only finally give up and switch to Hori Split Pad Pro all because of drift.

Hori-Switch-Split-Pad-Pro-Controller-for-Nintendo-Switch-Red

Gotta say I think it makes my Switch a little too bulky now. Maybe I should look into some other alternatives.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Well I've gone through 4 pairs of joy cons, sent 1 of those pairs to Nintendo for repairs 3 times in a single month. Bought multiple 3rd party replacement parts & did my own repairing only finally give up and switch to Hori Split Pad Pro all because of drift.

Hori-Switch-Split-Pad-Pro-Controller-for-Nintendo-Switch-Red

Gotta say I think it makes my Switch a little too bulky now. Maybe I should look into some other alternatives.
Well, I never had a problem with my joy cons, they were working fine until a few months ago, got some new ones been working fine ever since, never experienced drift, and I think what was wrong with the old ones, was the age, I had them since 2017, a month or two after the switch released, and started acting up a year ago, so it makes sense, and haven't had any problems with the new ones.

Back