• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A question about the "Angel Star" heartless.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KH_fan_03

Hello everyone.

I'm KH_fan_03, nice to meet you all.

As the name suggests, I have been a fan of the Kingdom Hearts series since 2003.

I hope I can make friends here :)

I have a question about a certain type of heartless that appears in the

Kingdom Hearts series:

In the Kingdom Hearts video games series, there are these heartless that are

called “Angel Star”.

Are these guys actual angels that have been turned into heartless ?

P.S: I asked this question on other forums but I thought I should ask here as

well to get more information about the subject.

Tempo

Awards
heartless generally don't take form based on their original forms. they have many varied designs, but this doesn't necessarily mean they were formed from a real world person or creature resembling them. the darkened heart simply takes on a new form. Moreover, "angels" as a concept have never really been seen or mentioned to exist in the kingdom hearts universe (outside of angel stars themselves, and sephiroth being the "one winged angel").
iirc, the only documented case of a heartless resembling its former self is the Storm Rider boss, which was transformed from a dragon in the Land of Dragons.

then again, your question has led me to consider the possibility of angel stars being a sort of remnant of lost souls, the heartless of people who didn't survive their world's destruction. they do only exist in (the hades cup and) End of the World, after all. there might be more to your theory after all!

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Angel Stars are Emblem Heartless, as such they're artificially created and do not come from some dark corner of the Realm of Darkness.
And while Emblems such as Storm Rider seem to originate from a living creature being turned into Heartless, the Angel Star is really artificial (to the point where its main body is a lightbulb), which makes me think it really is just a man-made object being given life.
Plus, the Journals say they're born out of holy spells and use angels in quotation marks.

So no, I doubt they're actual angels. More like Heartless created by Ansem's powerful spells after he go the Door to Darkness power.

KH_fan_03

heartless generally don't take form based on their original forms. they have many varied designs, but this doesn't necessarily mean they were formed from a real world person or creature resembling them. the darkened heart simply takes on a new form. Moreover, "angels" as a concept have never really been seen or mentioned to exist in the kingdom hearts universe (outside of angel stars themselves, and sephiroth being the "one winged angel").
iirc, the only documented case of a heartless resembling its former self is the Storm Rider boss, which was transformed from a dragon in the Land of Dragons.

then again, your question has led me to consider the possibility of angel stars being a sort of remnant of lost souls, the heartless of people who didn't survive their world's destruction. they do only exist in (the hades cup and) End of the World, after all. there might be more to your theory after all!

So they are not actual angels ?

Tempo

Awards
strictly speaking, no. they're just heartless. heartless are heartless. they just happen to have a resemblance to angels, as we typically depict them. (angels as originally envisioned are another, more terrifying matter)

KH_fan_03

strictly speaking, no. they're just heartless. heartless are heartless. they just happen to have a resemblance to angels, as we typically depict them. (angels as originally envisioned are another, more terrifying matter)

One last question:

Does that part that I made bold have anything to do with the Angel Star heartless or Kingdom Hearts?

because I didn't quite understood what you mentby that.

radiantmemories

Nope, nothing to do with either of those. It means that the version of angels that everyone commonly thinks of now is not how they were originally said to look. In the Bible they often either look like ordinary men or terrifying creatures with multiple wings and eyes and stuff.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Christianism came and gentlefied a lot of concepts, but original angels were not that different from what Evangelion and other media represents them.
They were basically holy monsters.

KH_fan_03

Nope, nothing to do with either of those. It means that the version of angels that everyone commonly thinks of now is not how they were originally said to look. In the Bible they often either look like ordinary men or terrifying creatures with multiple wings and eyes and stuff.

Christianism came and gentlefied a lot of concepts, but original angels were not that different from what Evangelion and other media represents them.
They were basically holy monsters.

Are you guys reffering to what Temp ment when he said "angels as originally envisioned are

another, more terrifying matter" ?

If so, does it have anything to do with Kingdom Hearts ?

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Are you guys reffering to what Temp ment when he said "angels as originally envisioned are

another, more terrifying matter" ?

If so, does it have anything to do with Kingdom Hearts ?

radiant already said it doesn't.
Also, reflect on it. Can me talking about angels and Christianism being related to Kingdom Hearts? After stating there are no angels in the series?

KH_fan_03

radiant already said it doesn't.
Also, reflect on it. Can me talking about angels and Christianism being related to Kingdom Hearts? After stating there are no angels in the series?

I'm sorry.

I'm just a little obssed about being sure to understand when it comes to questions related to things I like.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
There are no concrete religious figures in the Kingdom Hearts series. Besides the statue of Jesus in DDD, I guess. There's plenty of imagery and concepts that can be interpreted as having their start in various religions but ultimately it's up to you to make those connections with your own thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back