• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A psp question.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora#1

I have an american psp but I wanted to import a japanese game for it, if I did would it work on my psp or are they intercoded like the ps2 were you would have to buy a jap psp just to play it, anyone have any idea if so I would greatly appreciate it thanks.

Xendrassk

in the darkest depts of castle oblivion.....
You most likely have to (a) get a japanese PSP or (b) get it coded to read the UMD. However, if coded(same w/ a PS2) you kinda put you system at risk. So my advice for you and the sake of your PSP...go import. I believe this will save you alot of aggrivation. The imports are set-up bit different though (ex. X and O buttons are switched).

Alpha_Sonix

I have an american psp but I wanted to import a japanese game for it, if I did would it work on my psp or are they intercoded like the ps2 were you would have to buy a jap psp just to play it, anyone have any idea if so I would greatly appreciate it thanks.

PSP is region free, I played Crisis Core on my European PSP.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Both the Nintendo DS and Sony PSP are region free handhelds, which means that there are no Region Locks on games for either system, so any imported title will play on absolutely any DS or PSP no matter what country you bought it from, or what country your DS/PSP is from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back