• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A practice battle for Shadowbox!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

silent one

Unique Through Breeding!
In a place where monkeys and anime roam free come
this is a practice battle between me and Shadowbox. no judges needed for this.

Name: Girouette (Giro for short)

Alias: Harpuia

Appearance: Dark blue hair reach to the middle of his back, 5'11, 175lbs, light brown eyes, light tan skin, tone muscles, dark green short sleeved shirt, beige cargo shorts, barefoot.

Weapon:

Harpuia: Twin V-Hanger blades .Two purple beam blades shaped like the letter V.

Personality: Playful and laid back all the time even in combat. Though when around his brothers he likes to mess around with them by flying by them quickly or zapping them.

Bio: Giro used to own his business called Giro Express. It was a great business that Giro made from the ground up. Giro was the owner and delivery boy since he used his wind manipulation to get where he needed to go fast and easy. One day Giro was on a delivery to Meijin who needed help on something he was making. When Giro got there Meijin finish what he was building. "Twin V-Hanger blades" is what Meijin called them and decided that Giro could have them so Giro took the blades with much gratitude. Giro thought that the name his brother had for the blades were to long so he decided to change the name of them to Harpuia. Giro combined his wind and electric powers with the blades to create a new fighting style called HX Style. Giro is the one who helped clean and cook around the house when he lived with his brothers. His brothers gave him the alias Harpuia cause of his weapon's name and speed.

Abilities: Wind and Electricity Manipulation. Giro used his wind and electric powers to make house work be done quicker.

Location: A wide open desert area. The sun is just rising as the tempurature is steadily increasing.

Shadowbox

Name: Ida

Appearance: Short Dark Brown Hair; Usually Concealed By A Black Hooded Cloak; Grayish Emerald Eyes;Without The Cloak She Wears Long Baggy Black Pants And An Equally Dark Black Long Sleeve Shirt, No Matter How Hot The Weather Gets.

Personality: Ida trusts no one, and rarly speaks to those she doesn't know well. Usually tense and aware of those around her.

Bio: Ida has been an orphan all of her life. Living in the small, cool town of Faaren, Ida is not ready to live in the harsh climate of the Kinada Desert with her foster family. Life their was miserable for the 14 year old girl; Dawin and Shirra ( Her new "family") constinly forced her to fetch things by going out into the midst sand dunes. That is where she meet a boy by the name of Roan. For two years she endured the life of a servant, until Roan discovered that the 16 year old Ida was his younger sister. Ida-after careful consideration-packed what little belongings she had and left that sad life behind her. It was Roan that thought her to fight and watch carefully for those around her. Then, it all ended. The Istid Plague took his life in the two hours that it reached him. Ida wasn't effected by the sickness-Her previous life in the desert helped with something-Still, she was aching inside for her only friend and realitive. Now, Ida travels around the world, looking for any remains of her lost family. She wears the dark color that she does in mourning.

Weapon:
Hijiba Staff: The only item she carries around with her. It was the weapon the Roan used to train her with, and a tribute to his memory. The staff is from an Usuada Tree. The bark on the tree withstands even the fiercest of elements, and is very powerful on impact.

Abilities:
Ida can maintain the power of wind to her favor. She can also use the power of the sunlight to give her strength.

Is that okay?

silent one

Unique Through Breeding!
ooc: ok i'll start it off.

It was a nice day in the country side as a man with azure hair walked through an open feild. He held his arms up in the air and smiled as the gentle breeze blew through his face. "Man what a nice breeze blowing today. The weather seems calm so far. Then again you can never predict what mother nature will do next."

He laughed as he lowered his arms to his sides. He was awaiting the approach of his opponent. "I wonder what my opponent is like. Probably some weirdo with strange powers." He sighed as he thought of the endless possibilities.

Shadowbox

ooc ?: Um..Ok. Meh shall go now. (What does ooc mean?) I want to give it a mountain, too.

Ida almost smiled as the wind shifted her sweaty hair and sent a cool breeze down her cloak. She sighed a gripped the Hijiba Staff in her hand, continuing her pilgrimage to the field at the summit of the Kasi Mountain. Her so called "teacher" was awaiting her there, and she had to go on. It's not as if she really wanted one, but Roan had insisted strongly that Ida continue to train if anything should happen to him.
"Roan, I'm more than capable of taking care of myself!"
"I know, sis, but I still want you too..."
"Fine then!!"

That was the last time she had seen him, and Ida could still here the banging of the door as she walked on.

Reaching the field, she saw a man with azure hair standing, smiling.
"Are you the man they call Girouette?!" Ida called, hoarse from the lack of water.

ooc: I know its kinda long....Is this okay?

silent one

Unique Through Breeding!
ooc: ooc means out of character and also sorry for the delay in answering i was busy.

ic: The man looked at the person who called his name. It was a girl wearing a cloak. "Yes thats my name. But please call me Giro." He said as he reached out his hand to shake hers.

"You must be Ida the girl who wanted me to teach her." He grinned as he pulled out Harpuia. "Whenever you want to begin come at me." He said as he gripped the handles of his Twin V-Hanger Blades. Now he awaited to see what Ida would do.

Shadowbox

ooc: I think I'm getting the hang of this!
ic:

Ida noticed a slight twinkle in the man's eyes as he gripped his weapon; A sure sign of a well trained fighter.
To those who wait shall win the prize, Ida. Remember that, always.
"I will..."
Ida held her staff, waiting for the command.

Swag

Young King
Excuse me, but may I interject?

Shadowbox said:
Ida almost smiled as the wind shifted her sweaty hair and sent a cool breeze down her cloak. She sighed a gripped the Hijiba Staff in her hand, continuing her pilgrimage to the field at the summit of the Kasi Mountain. Her so called "teacher" was awaiting her there, and she had to go on. It's not as if she really wanted one, but Roan had insisted strongly that Ida continue to train if anything should happen to him.
"Roan, I'm more than capable of taking care of myself!"
"I know, sis, but I still want you too..."
"Fine then!!"
That was the last time she had seen him, and Ida could still here the banging of the door as she walked on.

Reaching the field, she saw a man with azure hair standing, smiling.
"Are you the man they call Girouette?!" Ida called, hoarse from the lack of water.

ooc: I know its kinda long....Is this okay?

http://forums.khinsider.com/showpost.php?p=1903531&postcount=19

No, the longer the better in most situations. RPing is all about literacy, the more you have the better you will be. Try to describe in your post.

I'm sorry, I know it was rather rude of me to interrupt like this. My apologies. I just felt that needed to be said.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
If I may say, I've had longer posts than that, D2L. xD

What you're saying is partly right, but it's really about the detail. As long as you throughly explain your attacks/counteracts/defensive moves or whatever else you want to put in a post, then it is fine. Though, a bit of length is always nice (a bare minimum is 2 paragraphs, though once you get the hang of rping you will often post more than that). Attacks or defensive tactics without the proper details often cause conflict.

Rping is for fun and shouldn't be a strain, but if your grammar and spelling abilities are really poor, then use a word processor or have someone literate edit it for you, if they are able and willing.

And, not to bash silent one (who is not really one to set a good example), but I suggest that you find a different teacher.

Also, sorry for spamming up this battle.

Swag

Young King
I haven't really had a battle that I felt the need to make a long post in Blah, up untill that one. D=

Also, sorry for spamming as well.

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
Long posts aren't necessarily better, as usually things get either repetetive, or you just don't have the ability to make the post interesting. Generally the use of metaphors and similes can help to improve the quality of your posts by quite a bit.

I'm kinda feeling bored/depressed lately, and could always use something to take my mind off of how things suck. That being said, if silent one would permit me to do so (and you're willing of course), I'd be more than happy to take over your training and teach you what I know about roleplaying, and how to actually do it. From there I could probably get someone better to teach you more advanced stuff, but one step at a time right?

I've roleplayed with you in the past silent one, and you have gotten better, but I don't think you're quite ready to start teaching people yet. Sorry if anything said in this post has offended anyone, but I'd like to see Shadowbox do well.

Send a private message if this sounds good to you.

silent one

Unique Through Breeding!
Long posts aren't necessarily better, as usually things get either repetetive, or you just don't have the ability to make the post interesting. Generally the use of metaphors and similes can help to improve the quality of your posts by quite a bit.

I'm kinda feeling bored/depressed lately, and could always use something to take my mind off of how things suck. That being said, if silent one would permit me to do so (and you're willing of course), I'd be more than happy to take over your training and teach you what I know about roleplaying, and how to actually do it. From there I could probably get someone better to teach you more advanced stuff, but one step at a time right?

I've roleplayed with you in the past silent one, and you have gotten better, but I don't think you're quite ready to start teaching people yet. Sorry if anything said in this post has offended anyone, but I'd like to see Shadowbox do well.

Send a private message if this sounds good to you.

ooc:i dont mind David. But i think Shadowbox should decide after we have finished this little practice battle. After that she can decide.

ic: Giro smiled as he jumped in the air. He was twelve feet up in the air before stopping in mid-air. He lifted up his blades so they pointed towards the sky. The second he did so the wind started to pick up moving the clouds in the sky closer together. "Nows the time."

Giro grinned as he started to lower his arms so they were vertically aligned with his shoulders. He now started to spin Harpuia in his hands quickly. "Come Ida! Show me whacha got!" He said as he floated waiting for Ida to strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back