• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A powerful weapon's name...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
Re: CHI-blade

I understand why they pronounced it like "Keyblade" so I can accept. But it everyday life i'll still pronounce it myself as "X-Blade" using the real letter "X" in the pronounciation. Basicaly so I can seperate Keyblades from the X-Blade.

this, and i lmao whenn Ven said "he' wants me to make some kind of x-blade (ki blade), I dont even know what that is!"

kaialone

That's interesting. Did the ancient greeks say it differently?

My knowledge of the greek language reaches not that far.I know that the ancient greeks pronounced some stuff different but I dont know how they pronounced Chi. But as I said in modern times it should not be pronounced as "Kai" since eits NOT a english letter.

krexia

Translator
Awards

The use of a greek χ is too complicated and hard to understand for American children, so regardless of what it is in the Japanese, it should be localised to an English X.
Heaven forbid children should learn something from a video game. I'd have been very disappointed if this brilliant bit of wordplay were removed just to cater to the stupidest common denominator.

But as I said in modern times it should not be pronounced as "Kai" since eits NOT a english letter.
Every English-speaker I know pronounces χ as 'kai'. 'Kai' is the accepted English pronunciation.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
So whenever the 'X' is capitalized, it's Chi-blade and whenever it's lowercase it becomes Kai-blade. Both meaning the same thing.

Allister Rose

French Lover
chi can be pronounced kai and kee....either way i don't mind too much with this one. though they could've given it a little ring to it that made it sound slightly different like k'blade or something. since it's using the actual greek letter X i don't mind, but nomura should really make it easier on some of the casual fans....

the only name i do hate is xion, because her meaning had barely anything to do with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back