• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A possible reason as to why the POH in BBS did not age?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Riku 789

People have been wondering why Snow White, Auroa, and Cindderela did not age from BBS to KH1. Some people have speculated that time runs differently in different worlds. There has been no proof of this happening. But my fellow KH fans, I bring you an explanation with evedince and it's all Because of our favorite witch Maleficent. I recently watched Sleeping Beauty on YouTube and to my surprise Malifecent mentioned that the spell she cast on Auroa put Auroa in an Ageless sleep. If Malifecent could put Auroa in an ageless sleep then surely she could do the same to Snow White and Cindderela. Here is the scene where Malifecent mentions Auroa's ageless sleep: YouTube - Sleeping Beauty - part 7 of 8 Maleficent starts to explain about the spell at 5:26.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
My guess would be that those "pods" that they were put in out them in suspended animation. Causing them not to age. Or they actully did age seeing that none of them actually stated their ages inthe game =/

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Well I wouldn't take her words to a serious tone, it's more of a euphemism.

And age in KH where Disney characters are concerned is nearly irrelevant.
That and most of the princesses were in their mid teens so most would be in their mid to late 20's in KH1.

C

Colours

I agree, thus no one really knows why they didn't age to be exact./:

Cissy

Bronze Member
I'd think that they did age, but they simply are so g-d damn perfect that they remain beautiful little pixies all their lives.

Yeah.

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better
They do age, you just have to concentrate to see it.

I'd think that they did age, but they simply are so g-d damn perfect that they remain beautiful little pixies all their lives.

Yeah.

Thank for wording this correctly.

Awards
You know, I still think that it's a good excuse for why they wouldn't age. Good job.

And I would like an actual explanation as to why they seem like they don't age. Brushing it off as "they did but we just didn't notice" would seriously irk me.

They did NOT design the Disney Princesses to appear ten years older than they did in their original movies, they quite clearly are modeled after their original ages. In my eyes, if this problem were to be dismissed or ignored, it would be a major plot hole.

And saying that they're so perfect that we wouldn't notice is ludicrous. You can't tell me that a 26 year-old Aurora is going to look the EXACT same as she did when she was 16. It's just inappropriate.

starlocker

They, or rather ALL disney characters can age if and only if theres a actual time line given in the story.
Hercules is a good example where they give an time line from when where why and how he was born and the trials he had to face. That gave tetsuya the opportunity to justify that position for that world. But another story for other worlds where they introduce a character whose purpose is to explain a theme. snow whites young and a little naive from my opinion of watching the film and I could say that if she ever get any younger or older she wouln't fit the plot. PLus, those stories are told in a sequence that flows (Once upon a time....However.... Afterward....and they live happly ever after, FIN!) Tetsuya already can mess with the scenarios but changing their appearance too much is not orriginal, he should just leave it along out of respect if he can. Hell, if alice shows up on bbs untouched then I can understand since its alice in wonderland :thumbup:

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Perhaps Alice had not yet been born, and what Maleficent had discovered was more like some sort of prophecy, that the seven Princesses of Heart had to be united some time in the future for her ambitions to be fulfilled. OR.. other Princesses existed before Alice, and they were somehow removed, and thus were replaced. La Esmeralda for PoH!

So.. does anybody actually know how old Alice is?

The topic at hand is quite a difficult one x_x. Either it's a plot hole, or they did age, but it was not noticeable. Or there's some sort of bizarre reason which we haven't considered yet.

About the pods.. were the Princesses not captured during the events of Kingdom Hearts? Or were some captured beforehand? If beforehand, that would explain things [hopefully].

-- Andy

jarm7

i say they age but do not show it or they look really young and do not look old for a long period of time ....then again this is Disney, and Square anythings possible they could say a talking mouse could live a long time see one kid then see his double and not even say anything

diogo14

The pod-theory and the spell-theory don't work to me, cause Jasmine and Alice were kidnapped during/after the time you played their world.
I could only buy that if some of those princesses (like Snow White, Aurora and Cinderella) were kidnapped/put to sleep after/during BBS, until Maleficent found the others PoH that remains. I'm sure Nomura has a good story for us concerning all of the PoH.

I'm just getting confused, and it's getting harder and harder to explain what I was thinking, I hope that at least this is understandable.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
You know, I still think that it's a good excuse for why they wouldn't age. Good job.

And I would like an actual explanation as to why they seem like they don't age. Brushing it off as "they did but we just didn't notice" would seriously irk me.

They did NOT design the Disney Princesses to appear ten years older than they did in their original movies, they quite clearly are modeled after their original ages. In my eyes, if this problem were to be dismissed or ignored, it would be a major plot hole.

And saying that they're so perfect that we wouldn't notice is ludicrous. You can't tell me that a 26 year-old Aurora is going to look the EXACT same as she did when she was 16. It's just inappropriate.

I agree with this. A lot.

Dot

Maybe they were 15-16 during BBS and KH1 they were 25-26. Its not that much of an age difference (physically) but probably huge difference mentally. Snow White is 14 in "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" so maybe she is 24 in KH1 or maybe time just goes differently in every world.

Rhythm_Sanctuary

I actually know a girl that peaked at 13 and hasn't looked any older since.

And I know quite a few girls that have retained the same look at ages 15-20? because I've heard them complain about it quite a lot :glare:

Axie

Sleeping on the couch at the usual spot until such
hello these are some of the oldess disney characters, there like timeless!

Uh-huh, so the fact that they don't age and Hercules does (at least according to what I heard) makes perfect sense?

I can accept that Donald, Goofy, and Mickey don't--I mean, honestly, they can't change much without making them smaller or drawing in a beard and 'stache--but if even ONE Disney world shows a time progression, it only makes sense that others should follow.

The only exceptions I could see would be places that don't make a whole lot of sense, like Wonderland or maybe Monstro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back